08 DEC 2007 - 7 Day Eastern Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flagger said:
I expect kids to be on a Disney ship, but I know the parks at least have a bit of a lull which will be nice.
The beginning of Decemner is always our favourite time. It's already pretty cold here by then, we get to miss a lot of the hussle and bussle of the Christmas shopping season and the parks are pretty quiet. We did the MVMCP last year and 4 days in the parks followed with our first Disney Cruise. It was great!

Hello fellow cruisers!

We were on the 5/13 Eastern and booked for 12/8/07 before we left. We didn't think we would do it again so soon, but we got a 10% discount and $200 stateroom credit. So, we couldn't pass it up!

The 5/13 cruise was our first and we are in love with DCL! We had a verandah room 6586 and it was quiet and convenient. We decided to book the same exact room! It was near the laundry room, but I never heard noise there day or night. Once you go verandah, you never go back. I loved sitting out there in the morning and at night. Very romantic and peaceful!

Our group is small. dh, dd (will be 7) and I.

DD loved the Oceaneer's Club so very much! They do an amazing job with the kids.

Has anyone cruised this time of year? We are hoping the water isn't too cool at Castaway Cay.

Hey, guys. Just passing the time until next December! :hourglass I keep going over my PassPorter for the Eastern stuff (we did Western last time). I was going to get the new one they just came out with, but I got an email saying they were coming out with a new one next year, so I'll wait for that one. I love those books! I'm excited about getting a verandah this time, too. Last time, my son and I shared a room with my parents to save on money. It was okay, but a little cramped. Since we booked so far ahead this time and it's not the busy season, my son and I will get our own room, with a verandah! So very excited about that! Okay, back to reality. It's 95 degrees today! :sunny:

It was approaching 100 today and should be about 96 tomorrow. It "cools" off to the mid 80's with rain on Wednesday. I spent the morning today finally getting new plates for our cars. Whoops been almost three months since we moved here, about time to get that done. DL office was closed so we have to wait until Wed. to do that.

We are headed to Vegas for my birthday/late father's day present and to see my MIL and get a date night. We are going to see the new Cirque show "LOVE" which features an all Beatles soundtrack.

So my wife and I have signed up for the 12/8/07 cruise and we are SO excited!! This is our first cruise ever, and we had to make sure that our first was Disney!!! It's just the two of us, too! We don't have any children YET. We're hoping the cruise might change that. Anyway, we're anxious to talk to everybody! Let us know what everyone thinks! We're on deck 7, down towards the deck.

Just booked today for the 12/8/07 cruise. It will be the first cruise for me and my son who'll be 5.5 then. We're also going to be at WDW this December, the 6th through the 10th, staying at the Poly.

Oh I love the Poly!!! Enjoy! Where do you live in Brooklyn? I grew up there, in Canarsie.....

Cool!!! I live in Bergen Beach. I grew up in Flatlands and went to South Shore HS, so I spent alot of time in Canarsie. Turns out though that we're not going on the 12/8/07 cruise now. I had to reschedule to 11/24/07 because of possible school conflicts.

So does anyone have any good tips or information for 1st time cruisers? Are there a lot of characters? Where's a good place to relax at night where it's quiet with a good view of stars, etc? Just anything would be GREAT!!!!

My best tip is to stay tuned on this forum! We cruised for the first time this past May and I read the Passporter, but I learned all the best tips from this board. Not to mention, it was great meeting the people I was chatting with for months!

The best things we found out prior to cruising were:
1. Bring a plain pillowcase and markers and drop them off in a ziploc bag at the Guest Services desk. All the characters will sign this at no cost and you have a wonderful souvineer for your kids (or adults)!
2. If you want to do something special for someon you love, use Shirley's Perfect Gift. She creates the best baskets.
3. Bring pirate gear! We had the best time dressing as pirates. It made the night so much fun!
4. Bring a travel size Downey Wrinkle Releaser spray to take your wrinkles out as you do not have an ironing board in the room (it is in the laundry room).
5. If you are bringing dress clothes (suit etc.) send it to down to be pressed/drycleaned the first day on board. It was cheaper than getting it done at home and I didn't have to iron any of dh's suits.
6. Read your navigator ever day to find Character appearances. They list the location and times. We read it every morning over coffee.
7. Speaking of coffee, I recommend ordering a pot of coffee right before you go to bed. They deliver it in a carafe and it stays hot til morning.

I'm sure I can think of a hundered more, but these are the things that come to mind...

A great tip would be for you to pack your child's bathing suit in your carry on....as soon as they see that mickey pool they want in and the luggage takes a while to get to the cabin. Enjoy!!!

Hey there we are traveling for the 1st time - with DH, DS (will be 10), DS (will be 9) & DD (who will be 6!)
Cannot wait!
ANyone been on this b4? :cool1:

welcome, your kids are going to love it, actually you all will love it!!!! It is great...we took this same crusie this past December and we couldn't wait to go back. Everything is so well done...you know..it's Disney!!!!

we took this same crusie this past December and we couldn't wait to go back.

How was the weather in December? We just cruised this past May and the weather and water were perfect.

We booked this cruise hoping that we would still get the tropical weather, but see the holiday decorations too.

I have heard that the weather is pretty much year round - mid 80's for the highs in DEC - i could be wrong though -
oh and my now 4 dd is so excited she asks everyday when we are going - poor thing - I keep telling her after she is 6 - her bday is DEC 3rd!
and where can i add the little trip ticker?

cinderellyintx, our dd will be 7 on 11/11. They will probably be in the club together.

dd had a nightmare the other night that there was a hole in the ship and we were not able to go on the cruise. We have spent the past few days reassuring her that Mickey would never let that happen! More than a year away and it is on the top of her mind!

same with my son...he'll be 6 that 11/21 and it seems so far away....good thing we are going on Royal Caribbean this Nov..I hope that is as good....anyone ever gone on the Explorer of the Seas?????
The Weather this past Dec was perfect on all of the islands.....Christmas is a real big deal on the ship...it's beautiful...they go all out!!!

my sil and bil went last year at thanksgiving and said it was beautiful! I cannot wait wish i would win the lottery so we could go this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter