10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
mvcomet said:
Any dinner plans? I think it would be fun to meet some people before we actually get on the ship.

I wish we were coming in early enough to do that. Unfortunately we're not scheduled to land until about 9:30 pm
I'm thinking dinner may end up being whatever fine cuisine we can pick up at the Albuquerque airport... Yum!

If anyone is still looking for a room for Friday night I just got an email from Marriott with specials to their Courtyard property in Cocoa Beach.

Prices range from $104 - $112 per night

code is MEB

crisi said:
Deck 10, but I am unclear about port or starboard. I'd imagine above the Goofy pool. I figure its a big group and a small area, probably be hard to miss.

We are at the Hyatt, but our plane doesn't get in until 11:00 at night. So it will be straight to bed and catch the bus in the morning.

On a ship Port is left side, easy to remember because left & port have 4 letters, right is starboard, front is forward and rear is aft, now you can get a pirate hat. :rotfl2:

Just thought I'd pop in and wish you guys a GREAT cruise and smooth sailing.

We'll be thinking about ya .....

RellingTwin said:
Hi Michele, the rest. at the Radisson is ok,

!

Flamingo's, is the restruant name we have dined there several times and it has been awesome each time!!! :teeth: :teeth:
Happy cruising everyone!! :grouphug:

Sheila...
Give that German Couple a hug for us!
He might seem like a PIA, But really is very nice. :lmao: :grouphug:

hyandui said:
On a ship Port is left side, easy to remember because left & port have 4 letters, right is starboard, front is forward and rear is aft, now you can get a pirate hat. :rotfl2:

Oh, I know that! What I'm unclear about is if the meet is on the left side or the right side...... ;) I just know "deck 10"

The cruise meet is on the DOCK side of the ship, so we can wave to the CM with the big Mickey Mouse hands.
I belive this will be the right side or starboard side.

I have started packing. My room looks like exposion in a clothes store! :p

RellingTwin said:
The cruise meet is on the DOCK side of the ship, so we can wave to the CM with the big Mickey Mouse hands.
I belive this will be the right side or starboard side.

I have started packing. My room looks like exposion in a clothes store! :p

wow, you just started! I've been packed for almost a month. I'm tooo excited! One more meeting and then I'm done for two weeks, whooo hoooooo!

Ellen and I will be thinking about all you guys next week as you are cruising and wishing we were with you.

Have you starting making any plans for Cruisetoberfest V yet?

Hope we can get those 10 & 11 Day cruisers back to Cruisetoberfest for number 5.

HEY CHEESE!!!
I sure wish you two were sailing with us again. We think of you often (whenever I look at my wind chimes)
I will not say for sure but I belive this will be our last cruise for awhile. The kids want to check out the ship with the "rock wall and ice skating rink, and now that we are back in Florida, we plan on a few WDW trips.
Also the "germs" have been twisting our arms to visit Germany, so I think that will be our next big trip.
If you are ever in NW Florida, we would love to see you and show you the area.
I hope the family is doing well.
Mary

VAgal76 said:
If anyone is interested in tea at Palo, please let me know. I'll book it once I'm on the ship and you just show up with a smiling face. It'll probably be the 2nd at sea day. I want to try but don't want to go alone.

VAgal76--I'd love to try tea at Palo, if you don't mind a newbie tagging along. I do not think I will be getting my DH & 2 BOYS to agree to tea, so I'd love to go with the girls. :) Let me know what time & day.

OK are we the ONLY people inthe HISTORY of DCL to fly into the Melbourne airport??? It was the only way we could get into the area on frequent flyer tickets. :badpc: It's actually closer to Cape Canaveral than Orlando, but I feel like we're doing everything completely backwards! Anyone? Anyone?

We are staying at the new Residence Inn on Astronaut Blvd. Is there anyone else staying there? Guess I've heard of some people staying at Ron Jon's. Also--if we had a few hours on Fri. afternoon, is the Space Center doable/worth it? I think I've heard of maybe 2 different parts of the Space Center? What's the difference & which one would be most interesting to 10 & 12 year olds? Or if they've been to the Air & SPace Museum in DC will it be about the same?

OK, last question. How much stuff can we possibly need on this trip??! :sad2: I spent the whole night gathering stuff from around the house, filled up my bed, and only have, like, 5 things marked off my packing list from the DIS Tips thread! If I pack 75% of that list I will need 10 suitcases for the 4 of us! Any realistic tips? Is anyone actually packing Christmas lights for their rooms? (for around the portholes)

OH. We are expecting SNOW--I kid you not--tonight in Duluth!!! :crazy: We are currently under a Winter Weather Advisory.
Guess October is a good time to get out of Duluth, after all!!!

I skip the things like Christmas lights, extension cords, duct tape and shoe holders. We do bring a travel alarm, the clock is really bad for actually telling time (the old one used to be, it doesn't sound like the new one is much better).

We have lots of clothes and shoes, but that's pretty much it.

Jennifer - I'm sending you a PM! :teeth: I highly doubt you need everything on that list. We took about 5 suitcases, laptop, camera bag, duffel bag and even had shipped items in a large box last June. Not this go around. I'm down to 1 really large, 1 large, 1 suit carrier, 1 carry on and one small 1 tote bag. There are 3 of us. There were some families of 4 that had like 12 bags on our cruise last June. We were considered light weights according to the porter? :eek: I think he was just trying to make me feel better. I threw the duffel bag in the suitcase just in case I buy some spirits and need to pack it in my carry-on (I can ship it from the resort after the cruise). I figure 2 bathing suits (I have a suit cover up), 3-4 shorts outfits, 3 cruise casual outfits for dinner, suits for the men and I have one formal and one semi-formal outfit (you can take one outfit for this and just have different accessories), sneakers, 1-2 pair of sandals for my dinner outfit, flip flops, dress shoes (1 pair for with both of my outfits) and DH brings his business casual shoes for dinner. The very large case is full of shoes, sunscreen/medicine and pirate stuff. :rotfl: They have laundry facilities on the ship so go to Target and pick up one or two small laundry bottles in the trial size section. 4 loads worth of detergent - $1.00. I threw some Bounce in a ziplock bag. I said I do laundry once just so we can tone things down but I'll end up sending it off off to be laundered by Mickey Mouse at least once also. Sunscreen is necessary and any medications you might need - advil, prescription, etc. Wrinkle release - it came in very handy and cuts down on what you need to iron or sent off for pressing. I found it works best on cruise casual stuff. If it's a nicer outfit, you still may want to go iron it or have it sent off to be pressed. They have smaller bottles of wrinkle release on the laundry aisle to travel with to help cut down on bulk. I travel with travel size shampoo/conditioner, hair spray, etc. This also cuts down on space. I've actually been doing this for some time now.

ETA: Crisi brought up a good point. Extension cords - you here about it all the time. I brought one small power strip with me. We used it quite a bit. I think if you don't have a bunch of electronic stuff you could get away with not bringing it. Just remember to unplug it before you leave your stateroom.

People really bring duct tape? :confused3 Is that for the kids that misbehave or something? The ship seems to be in good working order so I don't know if you would really need to fix anything on it.

I think many people fly into Orlando since flight times and prices are usually better. However, for some Melbourne is the way to go. You are one of the lucky few that got to fly in so close. We also visit Disney so MCO would be a better option for us. If you are going directly home after the cruise it would make it hard to visit other places if you're flying from Melbourne.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about the Kennedy Space Center. I thought I read that you should devote a full day to enjoy this, but I may be wrong. You might want to throw this question out on the board so more folks can see it. It's only my 2nd cruise so I am by no means an expert. :blush:

If we buy alcohol in Mexico and they pack it in one of those nice little travel containers, does anyone know if we can bring that on the plane? I strongly hesitate to place it in my checked luggage.

I have a sister in law that wed 2 weeks ago. They purchased tequila in Mexico and boarded the plane no problem....HOWEVER, when they got to their connecting U.S. flight in Chicago they had to throw it away.

I think they are still enforcing the no liquids 3 oz> also?

Cheese Please said:
Ellen and I will be thinking about all you guys next week as you are cruising and wishing we were with you.

Have you starting making any plans for Cruisetoberfest V yet?

Hope we can get those 10 & 11 Day cruisers back to Cruisetoberfest for number 5.

Dave, We have been spoiled bye the longer cruises, such as the 14 night we did with you back a couple of Mays ago! :rotfl2:
big Hello to Ellen :thumbsup2

Where are the Germs? :wave:

Jeanne,

Got to pack the booze in the checked luggage. I'm bringing bubble wrap, gallon zip lock bags and a small roll of duct tape to make sure the bags stay closed.

Now that Wendy has hooked Andy on Scotch he has his priorities. :teeth:

I've been packing all evening and am about 80% compleat. Just have to finish up the laundry tomorrow, and I 'll be done.
The tux I ordered for DS on E-Bay came today!! :cool1:
Thursday......
Pedicure appt. tomorrow at 10am
drop off the puppy after dinner
wash/vacuum/pack the van
finish house cleaning (I hate to come home to a messy house!)

I think we are in pretty good shape. I'm so glad the kids are off tomorrow so they can help with some of this stuff.

Peter...the "Germs" are at WDW until Sat. I belive they are meeting up with Tulirose (Rosemary and Richard) today or tomorrow.

I have been trying to print out a copy of "The List" but the printer will not work correctly. I had my black cart. refilled at Walgreens but it will not work. I get about half of ONE page before it stops working. UGH!
I am unable to get onto the Cruisetoberfest sight AT ALL. I can't wait to chuck this computer in the trash and get a new one. DD has it hoplessly messed up. :badpc: Can anyone say "Christmas present" :woohoo:

We are all pumped up for this trip. 2 days to go! :dance3:

eye R.N. said:
Jeanne,

Got to pack the booze in the checked luggage. I'm bringing bubble wrap, gallon zip lock bags and a small roll of duct tape to make sure the bags stay closed.

Now that Wendy has hooked Andy on Scotch he has his priorities. :teeth:

I was afraid that was the answer.......I don't know if I want my possessions smelling like tequila in the event that something explodes! I'm wondering if they will ship it to your home if you purchase it on the ship? They always have some good deals.

We are just about packed and heading off to work this morning. we fly out tonight and will stay at the MCO Hyatt tonight. then tomorrow off to AKL and a day by the pool. :banana: We are doing the Hoop Dee Doo tomorrow evening and plan on hitting Jellyrolls. Maybe Kona's on Sat morning and off to the port!! :cool1:
See all you Octoberfesters and Priates there!! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter