10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had posted earlier but it doesn't look like it did. :crazy:

You can definitely count us in for tag! Harlow - 8022.

Jennifer - I think you asked about formal stuff - we're toting our dark suits this go around. I found tuxes were in the minority though it was nice to rent. It was one less thing we had to carry. MNSSHP = Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's an ticketed event at Magic Kingdom on selected nights. You can find the info at the page www.wdwinfo.com or mousesavers.com for the nights it is being offered. They aren't having on Saturday night after the cruise - I already checked. Shucks!

Upside: I've started packing. :cheer2: Downside: My back is aching thinking about lugging all these cases again.

What time are those folks going to Pez Quadros in Costa Maya heading out? I hadn't planned on renting a vehicle so I was going to catch a cab. I guess we'll stay about 1/2 day or so. Does anyone know if they can make a hamburger? DS isn't a big tac/mexican eater. Another poster suggested taking something off the ship for him, but I'm worried about doing that because of customs. Will there any problems getting off the ship with it or is when you try to bring food on?

Count us in for TAG too

Stephanie & Tim Downey 6074

P.S. I can't get my search function to work, but I was wondering if any of you will be staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt the Friday night before we board?

Tag Update:

OK I've got all the tag posts and PM's down and I'll keep checking in case anyone else wants to jump in.

We've got a really good group!

In fact I'll split it up and have a couple going since we'd really have to move to get one around quickly enough.

Just a few more days and we'll be cruisin'! :cool1:

mvcomet said:
P.S. I can't get my search function to work, but I was wondering if any of you will be staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt the Friday night before we board?

We'll be there. :wave:
There are 6 of us and I had to book 3 different flights to accomodate everyone's crazy schedules. :confused3
Didn't even consider anywhere else.

Thanks for the explanation crisi
I understand the educators conference thing.
We were at Disneyland in mid Oct. one year and couldn't figure out why it was so darn crowded... until someone clued us in to the fact that Utah schools were out for the same reason. I swear the whole state must have headed for Disneyland!

I wish we had something like that here. Our teacher development consists of just one full day (scheduled on a Wednesday) and then 8 half days scattered throughout the year. Anyone want to guess how much gets accomplished on the half days? :rolleyes:

My kids have 1/2 days on the 19th & 20th for parent teacher conferences.
(well, really they have full days... for the cruise) :teeth:

VAgal76, We plan to be off the ship as soon as they let us! :goodvibes
Go over to cruise critic boards, costa maya and someone there should know about the food.

MVComet: We are staying at the Hyatt. We arrive approx. 2pm. We have dinner planned with friends in Debary early. You may see us at the pool later.

VAgal76: We plan on going to Pez Quadros. We'll probably leave 9:00 - 9:30 after a nice breakfast.

Steve

Thank you for including everyone in the "TAG" game. Our daughter, Nicole (10) would love to play. We are in room 6084.

Many thanks and safe travels to everyone this week.

Michele

Ok, yaaaa'lll - 9:00 a.m. 'ish - Costa Maya sounds doable if you want to grab a cab together. We can chit chat on the ship about it. We aren't early risers but don't sleep in too awfully late either. :thumbsup2 I don't know why I didn't think of the cruisecritic site for food options there. I know I looked a while ago trying to find an all inclusive place but I'm not patient enough for long haul searches.

We'll be at the Hyatt the night before, but we won't get in until almost 11 at night so no pre-cruise party for me. Where's that big pouty lip stuck out smiley at anyway?

BTW, we are sticking with 2nd seating. I'd been waitlisted for main, but I hope they don't move me. I think 2nd seating would work better for us. I have to look back over the list but I think a lot of you guys are on main.

If anyone is interested in tea at Palo, please let me know. I'll book it once I'm on the ship and you just show up with a smiling face. It'll probably be the 2nd at sea day. I want to try but don't want to go alone.

Got it! :thumbsup2

We're up to 3 now....just let me know if you're a taker. :teeth:

Bonnie,

I'd love to come too!

If it's OK and if there's enough room I'd love to bring my DD along too.
She's 18 (actually turns 19 the Sunday after the cruise) and I know she would love to check out Palo.

Let me know

Great idea! I dragged DH along to tea last time and while he was OK with it, I'm sure he'd much rather hit the basketball courts with DS or some other such silliness.

Az Pirates said:
We'll be there. :wave:
There are 6 of us and I had to book 3 different flights to accomodate everyone's crazy schedules. :confused3
Didn't even consider anywhere else.

Any dinner plans? I think it would be fun to meet some people before we actually get on the ship.

:cool1: Anyone else going to be at the Radisson on Friday? We will be gettting in apx 2pm and will be hagging at the pool.

Hi Mary and George! We will arriving into Orlando around 1:00, do a quick last minute stop or two and then off to the Radisson. We rented a car from MCO for the day (Budget), so we will return it by 6:00. If the restraunt at the hotel looks good, we will hang by the pool for the day and then eat there that evening.

The pool at the Radisson looks very inviting and I am hoping for some good Florida sunshine to get the holiday started.

There will be three of us hanging out, myself (Michele), husband (Mark) and our daughter (Nicole-10). Mark will be having a beer in one hand and a book in the other, I will be having a frosty drink in one hand and a bottle of sunscreen in the other - while Nicole is having a ball in the pool.

Hope to meet you and others prior to Saturday,

Michele

Evans Family said:
Ok..I'm out of it...where is the meet scheduled?

Deck 10, but I am unclear about port or starboard. I'd imagine above the Goofy pool. I figure its a big group and a small area, probably be hard to miss.

We are at the Hyatt, but our plane doesn't get in until 11:00 at night. So it will be straight to bed and catch the bus in the morning.

Hi Michele, the rest. at the Radisson is ok, we have eaten there before, but will spip it this year as I don't want to have to make the kids dress up for dinner after the long drive. I think we just might stop at the publix and pick up some roast chicken with fix'ens and let the kids eat in the room.Or maybe order a pizza! We will also be poolside, relaxing! Just look for the idental twins playing backgammon!
I just finished my last shift at work for 2 WEEKS! :banana:

The sailaway will be on the dockside of the ship, so we can wave goodby to the castmembers with the big Micky hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter