10 Year Vow Renewal - 3/8/14

lcataldimay

Mouseketeer
I am soooo excited that I am able to finally be a DFTW Bride - even if it is for my vow renewal.

When I planned my original wedding, my dad gave me two choices: (1) Have a Disney wedding but with limited guests, or (2) have a ceremony at home and invite whoever I wanted. I ultimately went with option #2. I do not regret having all my friends and family at all. In the back of my mind, however, I always wanted to get married at Disney.

Fast forward 10 years. My husband received a very nice bonus and last week said to me, "Why don't we renew our vows at Disney?"

As much as I love my husband, the OCD planner in me had a difficult time with the fact that we have only 2 months until this happy date occurs. So, I decided to call Disney thinking that there was no way our date was open. Happily, I was incorrect.

We are renewing our vows on 3/8/14 at 3pm at the Luau Beach at the Polynesian Resort. It will just be my husband, my then 7 month old, a babysitter for the baby, and myself. We are not telling any friends or family. We want our renewal to be a special time between the two of us.

In my first attempt at posting a picture, here is a picture of the two of us on my birthday last year on a Disney Cruise.

More to come :)

Well, I just figured out that I could not post pictures because I did not have enough posts on the forums. I was more of a lurker before.

I have gotten a lot of planning done over the past couple of weeks. I really am OCD when it comes to planning, so the lack of time is driving me insane.

So, here is a picture of myself with my husband from our DCL last year for my 31st birthday.

Picture1_zps1e70cea3.jpg

My husband and I met my junior year/his senior year in high school. We were married on June 12, 2004 at the same church my parents and grandparents were married! Ten years later, we are still together.

One thing I am having a very difficult time with in the whole planning process is that I just had a baby 5 months ago and my body is not back to where I would like it. Before I got pregnant with my surprise blessing, I had lost 60 pounds. I gained 60 with the pregnancy. I have lost 30 of it, but I am not happy with the way I look. My family recently joined the YMCA, so I hope to work out more and be healthy. I also know my body needs time to adjust and loosing 30 pounds in 5 months is not bad at all.

We are leaving our 6 year old son home with respite services. He has autism and we receive 7 days of respite a year. He is moderately autistic - he has some communication skills, has pretty good receptive language skills, but has an incredibly hard time communicating. It has been a trying year with him since we are trying to find the right combination of medicines. He threw a three hour tantrum this morning. So, we need the break.

I went shopping with my neighbor to find a gown. I intended to buy a simple gown - after all, we are renewing our vows on a beach. I put this dress on and it fit like it was meant for me. Luckily it was on sale :)

13315500460_zpsb699e65c.jpg

Theresa Knox from A Beautiful Ceremony is doing our ceremony. I am a Methodist who works for an Episcopal School and a Catholic Church and my husband is Jewish. So, we wanted someone who we knew we could connect with. Theresa is perfect. After we chatted, I knew she was a great pick!

Janet from Onsite Beauty is doing my hair and make-up. She seems very nice and I am excited to have her help me look beautiful. I am thinking of having it done like this (just the back):

archetype4_zps9ddaafeb.jpg

I bought these flip flops from Etsy. I plan on wearing them out to Epcot for our dinner at Le Cellier:

il_570xN403750962_rlkr_zpsfe99c0dc.jpg

I have two options when it comes to my hair. This picture or DKDesignsHawaii is making me three hair clips with a white, pink, and peach rose - the original colors of my bouquet ten years ago.

HairRose_zpsbc7494ae.jpg

My wonderful husband let me buy another anniversary band to go on the other side of my engagement ring. It is a contour band that fits perfectly! We are going to pick it up tomorrow. My husband said I could start wearing it now, but I really think I want to wait until our trip. I may wear it on the plane, though, so it does not have to go through TSA!

I am trying to decide if we can add an additional hour of photography onto the hour they give us. I would love to get photos around the resort. I would like to just get one shot in front of the wedding pavilion sign in my dress too! I also thought about one in front of the monorail, but I forgot that it will be down from 11am-7pm. Oh well. I also learned last night that the crane will be up in front of the castle. As my husband reminded me, "At least you are able to take a picture with the castle in the background." Good point. I think I need to contact event photography myself to make this happen, but am not sure.

Disney received my contract on Tuesday, but I have not gotten my planning kit yet. Getting a little nervous because I believe we owe the full money at six weeks, which is next Saturday.

Thanks for reading and I welcome any suggestions from former memories collection brides or anyone at all!

Congratulations on your 10 years & your little bundle:flower3: Hubby and I did the Memories VR at Luau Beach also - (our 30 year) and it was the most perfect, romantic experience ever!!! Your gown is gorgeous and the pics of hair design are beautiful as well.

We used Rev. Kevin Knox for our ceremony and I agree both he and his wife are easy to work with - we were very happy with the way we were able to mix bits of his prepared vows with some of our own - let's just say there was a lot of crying!!! It was only the two of us as well - and I can say you won't regret not having a lot of "extra" family members around - it will just make the experience more intimate and special for the two of you:love:

We did have enough time to have some pics in at the Poly - we took a few outside and some really nice pics inside the main lobby that turned out very nicely - we also got to go over next door to the Grand and had a few more pics made there - here's an example: (excuse the size pls)
Image8.jpg

Have fun with the planning and just know that the Disney folks will do everything in their power to make your day as special as it can be!

Congratulations on your 10 years & your little bundle:flower3: Hubby and I did the Memories VR at Luau Beach also - (our 30 year) and it was the most perfect, romantic experience ever!!! Your gown is gorgeous and the pics of hair design are beautiful as well. We used Rev. Kevin Knox for our ceremony and I agree both he and his wife are easy to work with - we were very happy with the way we were able to mix bits of his prepared vows with some of our own - let's just say there was a lot of crying!!! It was only the two of us as well - and I can say you won't regret not having a lot of "extra" family members around - it will just make the experience more intimate and special for the two of you:love: We did have enough time to have some pics in at the Poly - we took a few outside and some really nice pics inside the main lobby that turned out very nicely - we also got to go over next door to the Grand and had a few more pics made there - here's an example: (excuse the size pls) Have fun with the planning and just know that the Disney folks will do everything in their power to make your day as special as it can be!

Thanks for your encouragement and the information. What a great picture :) 30 years is an accomplishment!

Congratulations on planning your vow renewal! What a sweetheart your husband is to suggest it!

I LOVE your dress...very pretty and I'm sure you will look terrific in it!

We did engagement pictures last week at the Luau Beach location, and oh my goodness is that a great location!!! Just beautiful and pretty secluded and I thought very romantic. The lake is so pretty and you can see the castle...I'm sure they'll be able to photoshop the crane out if it's still up at that point.

10 years is an important milestone, especially with the challenges you face with your son. He's lucky to have you, and I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy a few days respite and focus on the two of you.

I understand how you feel, not being happy with your body at the moment...but you have done great so far, and I'm sure you will continue to do great between now and the wedding. The important thing is to celebrate the two of you--as you have been, as you are and as you will be.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip as it gets closer!!

Brooke

Congratulations on planning your vow renewal! What a sweetheart your husband is to suggest it! I LOVE your dress...very pretty and I'm sure you will look terrific in it! We did engagement pictures last week at the Luau Beach location, and oh my goodness is that a great location!!! Just beautiful and pretty secluded and I thought very romantic. The lake is so pretty and you can see the castle...I'm sure they'll be able to photoshop the crane out if it's still up at that point. 10 years is an important milestone, especially with the challenges you face with your son. He's lucky to have you, and I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy a few days respite and focus on the two of you. I understand how you feel, not being happy with your body at the moment...but you have done great so far, and I'm sure you will continue to do great between now and the wedding. The important thing is to celebrate the two of you--as you have been, as you are and as you will be. Can't wait to hear more about your trip as it gets closer!! Brooke

Thanks for your encouragement, Brooke. I can't wait to see your engagement photos! Yesterday was a rough day with my oldest, so when I read your post, it was a ray of sunshine!

What a sweet dh you have! I'm so excited to see everything!

Your dress is just beautiful!!!

Following along!

It feels like forever since I have done an update.
Between sick children and non-sleeping children, life has been complicated.
Since I have a "snow day" (it's actually just raining) and the baby is sleeping, I will do some more updating!
This is why I can't get anything done:
photo_zps72985de8.jpg

He's cute, so I'll keep him!

Where to start.....

I had my dress fitting on Saturday. They have to take in a couple inches here and there because I am finally starting to loose some baby weight :)

My flowers came from DKDesignsHawaii and they are beautiful. I highly recommend Diane!

Everything is set with Carolyn Allen's. I am going to ship my dress to them - thanks for the recommendation lurkyloo! We have a tux appointment at 12noon on 3/7 and they will drop off my dress.
Here is the tux he will be wearing:

alfresco_202_small_zps989b5f47.jpg

I picked up my anniversary band. I usually only wear it to school. I am a church organist, so too many rings are bothersome when I am playing quick notes!

photo11_zpsec830c33.jpg

photo32_zps8c8d60c3.jpg

We also received the baby's outfit - he will be sooooo cute!

photo1_zpse389fd64.jpg

The planning kit was sent in, and now I am just waiting for our BEO. I am doing the roses with pink hydrangea. The other neat thing is that we will be using all the Disney themed music from the violinist. Being a classically trained musician, we used classical music for our original wedding (provided by friends - it helps to have friends who are also classically trained). So, we decided to go all out with Disney for this!

We were able to add on 1 hour of photography after. I am kind of bummed that we were not able to hire an outside photographer (because we started planning so late), but I have faith that everything will work out fine.

I booked Kids Nite Out to help with holding the baby at the ceremony and watch him when we go to Dinner at Le Cellier.

We hit 31 days until we leave! I am getting rather excited.

Thought I would post some other pictures of myself and my two children.

I will post pictures of me in my gown hopefully soon - after I get my dress back!

photo31_zpsa6ddb249.jpg

photo4_zps1aa55f2a.jpg

What a sweet dh you have! I'm so excited to see everything!

Your dress is just beautiful!!!

Following along!

I have an amazing husband. He watches the kids so I can have my second job - which I love playing music, so it is rather therapeutic to me. Having a child with special needs, it has been very trying on our marriage. When they say "for better or for worse," they mean it!

Thanks for following along!

ADORABLE kids!!!

I'm doing a memories wedding as well :) Yours is getting so close!
I'm very excited about the violinist! I hear they are amazing.

I'm sure your pics are going to be beautiful even without the outside photographer :goodvibes

ADORABLE kids!!! I'm doing a memories wedding as well :) Yours is getting so close! I'm very excited about the violinist! I hear they are amazing. I'm sure your pics are going to be beautiful even without the outside photographer :goodvibes

Thanks! The baby has stopped sleeping through the night, so you are more than welcome to borrow him at 1am :)

Photos are so important to us - especially since the baby will be with us. I know everything will work out, but thanks for the good thoughts. I will be sending our planner a list of my requested photographers with a hope that we will get one of the three I like.

Thanks! The baby has stopped sleeping through the night, so you are more than welcome to borrow him at 1am :)

Photos are so important to us - especially since the baby will be with us. I know everything will work out, but thanks for the good thoughts. I will be sending our planner a list of my requested photographers with a hope that we will get one of the three I like.

Who did you request? I haven't requested anyone but am thinking maybe i should?

Who did you request? I haven't requested anyone but am thinking maybe i should?

I requested Crickey, Amy, Stephanie, or Ty. My planner said that they were not guaranteed, but it would give DFP an idea of the style we are looking for. I am not in favor of all posed pictures and would like some candids.

Hope that helps KristiLyn. I know your date is coming up soon!

I can not believe we are leaving in 10 days. There is so much to do!

I am shipping my dress to Carolyn Allen's tomorrow via UPS. I am hoping they can charge my credit card on file, because I already sealed the box and would hate to have to reseal it.

So, here are pictures of me in my dress.

photo12_zps95f86a59.jpg

photo22_zps6ca98039.jpg

While I have not lost as much weight as I would have liked, I am down about 35 pounds, which is not bad considering I only had the baby 6 months ago.

I figured I would post my initial plans.

Thursday, March 6
* Leave the house around 6:30am to arrive at the airport around 7:15am. Flight out at 8:55am arriving at MCO around 11:15am. We have a town car picking us up and then we will check in at the WL.
* Take the boat over to the MK to activate our AP's. It will be the baby's 7 month birthday, so we want to take pictures in front of the castle and with Mickey with the cute 7 month sticker.
* Go back to the WL and "check in."
* Head over to HS for FP+ for Toy Story Mania at 2:20pm, Great Move Ride at 3:35pm.
* Reservation for Beaches and Cream at 5:20pm.
* Probably head back to MK for the evening - depends on the baby. He does not nap much, so he may be up for a while.

Friday, March 7
* Breakfast at Kona Cafe at 7:30am - Tonga Toast!
* MK for FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Under the Sea - we had to skip our annual trip to WDW last year due to some cute child's birth!
* 12pm - Carolyn Allen's is delivering my dress and my husband's tux
* To EPCOT to check out the Flower and Garden festival and do some rides
* 6:30pm Ohana reservation

Saturday, March 8
* MK for FP+ for Pirates and Buzz Lightyear. Leaving my husband and son to do the Jungle Cruise so I can head back to the WL for lunch.
* 12:15pm Janet Mednick arrives to do hair & make up
* 2pm Someone from Carolyn Allen's arrives to lace me up - I am not asking my poor husband to do this
* 2:30pm Limo arrives to take us to the Poly
* 2:45pm Photographer meets us
* 3pm Ceremony followed by pictures around the resort
* 5:45pm Reservation at Le Cellier

Sunday, March 9
* 7:30am Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe
* 9am send my husband off to the airport.

My son and I are renting a car and going to visit my grandparents who live about 30 minutes from Vero Beach. He is their 6th great-grandchild and they have not met him yet :) I return to POR on Wednesday, March 12 for one night before we fly back the following morning.

Anyone have any suggestions for photos at the Poly? I have a couple of ideas.
* Pineapple Drink in my dress - always wanted one of those!
* Photo in front of the monorail
* Photo in the monorail if possible
* Photos in the lobby - hoping there is not too much construction
* Photos with the castle in the background

Any other ideas welcome!

Great job on the weight loss! You look great in your dress!!

I'm so excited for you! Your plans sound great.

We have a memories brides group on facebook and there's a girl in the group that just got married at Poly and her pics were gorgeous! Just look it up and I'll add you. It can give you some photo ideas :)

Great job on the weight loss! You look great in your dress!! I'm so excited for you! Your plans sound great. We have a memories brides group on facebook and there's a girl in the group that just got married at Poly and her pics were gorgeous! Just look it up and I'll add you. It can give you some photo ideas :)

Thanks!
Can you tell me the name of the group? I tried to look it up, but was unable to find the group.

I am reading along your journal. It's getting close!

You look stunning!!! Your dress is beautiful and you look fantastic!! I am looking forward to reading the rest of your report! DH and I would like to do a vow renewal too so your story is very inpsirational for me. All the best as you plan the next few days before you head down to WDW pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter