11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

Maria,

The appeal of the APL rotation is that you will be in Lumiere's for Formal and Semi-Formal, Parrot Cay for Pirate's Night and you can skip the second night in Animator's for Palo!! I guess it just enhances the atmosphere.

Sue,

We have Brita water bottles that have a filter in them. You might want to pick one of them up. We use them all the time when we travel. You can pick them up at the grocery store usually for about $7.

I am looking forward to warm weather and sunshine. Our local weatherperson said this morning that we have had 8 DAYS in a row with NO sunshine! :sunny:

I can't believe we are leaving a week from Friday. I have so much to do. I work part-time, so my last day of work will be next Wednesday. Thursday I will get a pedicure and do some power packing. The kids will go to school Friday for a 1/2 day and then we will be off to the airport for our 4:00 flight.

TTFN,

Jackie

Thanks for the explanation Scottygirl. That would be a good rotation. I'm guessing it's too late to request this at this point ? What night is Pirate Night ---anyone know ?
Hope you get some sunshine :sunny: soon in MI.....8 days is depressing. It's only been 2 days with no sun here and that's bad enough.....:mad:

Just got home from Wal-Mart... Bought travel-sized EVERYTHING! It's amazing what you think you might need when it comes in a cute little travel size! Fortunately, they still had sunblock on the shelves as well. And I know that kids who aren't potty-trained aren't allowed in the pools, but... the swim diapers have been marked down to $3.00 per pack! (I got a couple of packs for next summer!) ;)

A week from today... lounging by the Quite Cove pool with a yummy drink in my hand...something involving coconuts and bananas. :cool:

Jennifer :earsgirl:

Woo Hoo!! We got our docs yesterday from our TA!!! She dropped them off to us because we were having a "Disney meeting"!!!

jjgarv - thanks for the tip about the swim diapers at Wal*Mart. I will have to check out the stores here to get some - for the cruise and next summer.

Poohssmum - I have to agree, the NE teams are doing GREAT!! We too hope the SOX go all the way!! Great day for NE teams yesterday - the SOX won game #2 in the world series and the PATS beat the Jets!!

I have started to pile things up and purchase things for the cruise - this week I am going to put the stuff in the suitcases. We are so excited and can't wait!!

See you all soon.

Lisa

I'm slowly but surely getting things checked off my list :tongue: Booked our shuttle to the port ... we're on the 11:00 shuttle from the Radisson. Purchased a mid-size suitcase for the kiddo's stuff ... those small carry-on size one's aren't gonna work this time, got myself lots of trial-sized health and beauty products :teeth: I still need to get some new things to keep the kids busy on the airplane. I think I'll be hitting Wal-Mart on Wednesday after the kids get home from school. Next week will find me ironing and packing ... I'm SO excited, I just can't wait to see that beautiful ship again :Pinkbounc

I just got an official Disney letter saying that we will be going to Costa Maya. Did anyone else get this letter?

Someone please elaborate on Pirate night. Do guests dress like Pirates???I have not read about this.pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

I just got the same letter today

Don't know what pirate night is?

anyone with info??:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc pirate: pirate:

You guys are officially not going to GC???:( We are sailing 11/20/04 and DCL is telling us we will be stopping at GC.............I guess we will find out in about 2 weeks.........

I have not gotten the official letter about CM. I think I get all my official news right here on the DIS and Lori posted about CM last week or so.
As for Pirate night.....what I have read on DIS is that it has replaced the Mexicali/Tropicali nights on the Eastern and Western 7 day cruises. There is a special menu and bandanas and eye patches are handed out to all guests. Some people dress up and my dh is thinking about it. I read that our servers dress as pirates. I went out and got myself a pirate hat---but I'm just wearing a tropical shirt. I'll have to look and see if I can find the official Pirate Night menu---you get to keep it I understand.
pirate:

Hi everyone ~
I looked through my files and see that Pirate Night should be on Cozumel night (Wed). Here's a site that shows the cool menu they give you : http://**********************/ Go to menus there and you'll see Pirate Night listed with a pic of the menu.

Ok....looks like the site I just sent is banned :confused:
Feel free to email me and I'll send the link. Don't want to get in trouble on the boards trying to bypass a restricted link.
MiaSRN62@aol.com

Maria,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on the explanation for Pirate's Night, but I see you figured it out!! I think we will be sporting eye patches. I don't think it is too late to request a rotation. I would call DCL, it can't hurt. I haven't received a letter from DCL about Costa Maya, but hey that's old news anyway to us DISer's!!

I have been looking at excursions to replace our Stingray Swim. I am thinking about doing a Jetski Island Tour of Key West.

I stopped at CVS this morning and picked up a few trial size items too. They are great for traveling. I am doing my WalMart trip tomorrow while the kiddos are at school. poohssmum, did you notice if they still had swimsocks/watershoes?

TTFN,

Jackie

I've also reworked our excursions due to our change in port. We're now going to be doing the Jungle Beach Break in Costa Maya and the Ocean View Explorer in Cozumel. We thought of doing another snorkle excursion, but some of the independent operators didn't want to take small kids (our are 6 and 3 which also eliminates all DCL snorkle excursions) or wouldn't allow them off the boat. Some also were only an hour or so long, so it wasn't worth the money they wanted IMO. So, we're set for know, we'll have to see what happens. We'll be at the shore excursion desk as soon as it opens to book Jungle Beach Break, since Costa Maya excursions can't be booked in advance. I can't wait for Pirate Night! I actually had Palo booked (we're on REAS) for that night since the Mexacalifraglist party didn't do anything for me, but with the switch and AWESOME menu, I called Debbie and had our ressies changed to Tuesday night for Palo. I haven't received a letter either, but my guess it's going to my TA, so I probably won't even see it before we leave. Luckily, we're so informed here on the DIS and aren't walking onto the ship thinking we're stopping at GC. DH feels sorry for those not so informed!! Well, I was excited this morning to see I'm in single digits since we leave on Friday! I think I'm going to start my packing list today and then start picking up some things I need. I wish I could use travel size items, but I go through a full bottle of conditioner at least once a week, so I'll probably be bringing TWO huge bottles!!! I think I'm going to end up with so many suitcases, I don't know what to do!!! Oh well, with all the clothes we need, shorts for the day, pants for the night, formal clothes, TONS of shoes... URGH!!! By the way, this is GREAT to say!! I'll see you all next week!!!

Lori,

I hear you on how much there is to pack. We are a family of five and just the evening clothes are proving to be too much. I feel sorry for the porter that ends up with our luggage! I am afraid that my big suitcase is going too be overweight for the flight down. I use a lot of conditioner too!! I just got my hair cut shorter so it seems like I need less now. I'm thinking I can get through the week with two small travel size bottles which are bigger than the trial size. See you next week!!!

TTFN,

Jackie

Lori.....I didn't think we could book Palo until we were on the ship ? Maybe I'm mistaken about this ? Gee...and I thought I had it all down from reading these boards ! lol
I'm really torn with what to do at Costa Maya. I had thought about visiting the monkey farm (but heard that was off limits due to high population of mosquitos) and then getting a taxi to Mahahual beach. Just not sure now.
As for the Pirate Night info Jackie...that's ok. I thought I had it somewhere and just had a little digging to do. I took your advice and emailed my TA about the APL rotation. Should I call DCL as well or is notifying our TA enough to you think ? That is a good rotation because you're in Parrot Cay for Pirate Night as well.....fingers crossed. The jetski tour---is that through an independent vendor ? I thought I read something about islandtour or similar ? Was it like $55/30 min/person ? If not, may I ask where you booked this ? I was thinking of the coral reef snorkel excursion at Key West. My 12 year old dd is a little afraid of deep water though.
I can't find swimsocks anywhere !!! I've been looking for over a month now. They just fly off the shelves in PA as soon as Aug is coming to an end. My 14 yr old dd needs a new pair. I'm just going to get them down in FL----they're always in season down there....lol I'm doing the travel size shopping too at CVS, Walmart and Target. I can't forget to get those waterproof cameras at Walmart-----they're twice the price if you buy them in FL ! I only have the rest of this week to pack as we leave Nov 1 and I have to work all weekend. I've been so preoccupied with our trip planning/packing that I haven't gotten my dd's their Halloween costumes yet !

Meant to say......I'm glad I'm not the only one fretting over packing ! Family of 5 here too. We have 4 nights in WDW plus the cruise ! I'm just hoping all of our evening and formal clothes don't get all wrinkled by the time we get on the ship. Are travel irons/steamers allowed ? I have a whole (large !) suitcase just for our shoes alone ! Gonna have to tip our porters very well !

Lori.....I didn't think we could book Palo until we were on the ship ? Maybe I'm mistaken about this ? Gee...and I thought I had it all down from reading these boards ! lol
You can only pre-book Palo if you're in a suite or if you booked the REAS package. We booked the REAS package because it gave the Palo priority booking, as well as spa ressies. So, we're all set and the only thing we have to do upon boarding is sign up the kids up for the clubs, and sign up for our Costa Maya excursion. The REAS package costs $299 and includes the Palo dinner surcharge, couples massage, champagne breakfast in bed (full hot breakfast), romantic turndown, and a welcome basket. To me, it was worth it, since I was going to do some spa treatments anyway, and now it's pre-paid!

Maria.

Here is a link to the excursion operator for the jetski tour. http://islandwatersports.us/tour.htm

We are on the 1:30 Island Tour. It is $95 per driver (must be 18) and $10.00 per additional passenger. The skis can accommodate 3 people.

I confirmed my dining info directly through DCL. We booked the REAS also. I have to get back to work now or I won't have a job to pay for all this fun!!

TTFN,

Jackie

Lori....the REAS package sounds nice ! Enjoy !

Thanks for the link Jackie. I didn't realize the jet skis held 3 people. The tour looks great---hope you all get to see dolphins and turtles ! Am I correct in reading that it said it was a 26 mile tour. Really get your money's worth ! Sounds fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter