11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

Well, I just hung up from talking to DCL... My whole family got phone calls saying that our itinerary has changed and that we are going back to Grand Cayman. She also left a # to book shore excursions. We already had one reserved, so I called to verify that ressie. The CM originally said that our excursion (Rum Point Beach Adventure) was cancelled. When I asked what WAS available, she said that there would be no shore excursions... Soooo, I asked how that was possible, and she put me on hold long enough for me to carry in all the groceries and change into workout clothes. Finally, a supervisor CM got on the phone and said that our ressie was still showing, but the CM who is in charge of all shore excursions is in a meeting, and after the meeting, they will look into this and call me back if there is a problem. (Sorry for the long, rambling sentence.)

And that is the latest, as of 10/29 at 2:15 pm EST. I'll post if I get a return phone call. Now I'm off to the treadmill for 30 minutes of sweating (as long as my daughter's nap holds out).

Jennifer:earsgirl:

And my brother in law just called DCL and was told we are going to Grand Cayman. So who the heck knows?

I didn't cancel our Nativeway excursion, and payment isn't due until we arrive, so we're all set if we go to Grand Cayman. And if we go to Costa Maya, that's fine too, there's a beach there with my name on it. Either way, it's not Connecticut!

:eek: ITS TRUE ITS TRUE- yes now I just called and also got the confirmation that we are going to GC. They must have just gotten the word in the past few hours. Anyways, the Atlantis Sub. Excursion is cancelled because my DH and DD were going to do that. They do have a lot of snorkel tours still on including Stingray City. They also have the Nautilus Undersea Tour available. Well there you go. Have a good day and now back to planning and revising my personal itinerary. :boat:

Just received a call from our TA and we are going to Grand Cayman!!!!!YEah!!!!! She received a call from DCL and they did say that the island was ravished and let the people know not to expect 100% tropical beauty! Hey You make the best of it!!!

Maryann

IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!! I just got a call from John in Shore Excursions, he wanted to know if we wanted to book anything for Grand Cayman!! I told him he made my day. He said that they had changed the port to Costa Maya, but then chaged it back to GC. Someone had posted that the head of shore excursions at DCL was suppose to visit the island this past week so it must have passed the test. He did warn that some of the stores may not be open but they had about 9 excursions to choose from. I told him I had already booked through Nativeway. I was on the phone ordering a pass to the Ford TPC for my FIL b-day and call waiting beeped. I normally wouldn't have picked it up, but something made me.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

scottygirl - which tour do you have booked through Nativeway? I just called them and I wanted the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion and they said that they don't think Rum Point is open yet. She's calling me back though, so I'll keep everyone informed!!!

Lori,

The 2.5 hour Stingray Swim and Coral Gardens Tour. They will drop you at 7 Mile Beach after if you wish and you can take a taxi back to the ship. I wonder how 7 Mile Beach fared?

Originally posted by scottygirl
Lori,

The 2.5 hour Stingray Swim and Coral Gardens Tour. They will drop you at 7 Mile Beach after if you wish and you can take a taxi back to the ship. I wonder how 7 Mile Beach fared?
That's one we might end up on. I'm waiting for a call back. 7 Mile Beach didn't fare well at all. Most of the hotels/condos are there, and most of them aren't reopening until sometime next year, so there will be VERY limited services available at the beach. I wouldn't want to chance it, since there will be no hotels or stores open on the beach to get a taxi back to the ship. It also looks like a lot of stores aren't going to be open either. Here is a link to a list of when things are projected to re-open.

http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/projections.htm

I got a call today from DCL staying we will be going to GM not Cm Hopefully it will not change by 11/7:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :bounce: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :wave: :wave:

Well scottygirl, we're on the 9AM Nativeway Stingray Swim and Coral Gardens tour!! I'll see you there!!!

We got the call from DCL today. I just can't believe it!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Has anyone heard from or about Captain Marvins and how they faired?

I just got home and just about fell over in my chair reading the news of Grand Caymen ! Whoo-hoo :bounce: :Pinkbounc Stingrays here we come........
I'm booked with Capt Marvin and haven't heard anything since my last email maybe 12 days ago where they confirmed my ressie.

This is so confusing!
Do we need to rebook any shore excurions to Grand Cayman or will they remember what people originally booked??

:confused: :confused:

Sue88: When I called today, they still had our original ressie on file. HTH

Jennifer:earsgirl:

Just wanted to add that I did get an email from my TA confirming that we are going to Grand Caymen so I don't feel left out of the loop anymore....lol

Originally posted by jel0511
Well scottygirl, we're on the 9AM Nativeway Stingray Swim and Coral Gardens tour!! I'll see you there!!!

Great Lori!! My DS7 is a little freaked out about the Stingrays. He is by nature a nervous nellie. One of us may end up sitting on the boat with him!!:eek:

Maria,

Are you still planning on the Jetski Tour at KW? I booked it to replace the Stingray Swim, but now it looks like so much fun I don't want to cancel. Of course we don't know how the trip to GC will be since we are the "guinea pigs". Oh well there goes the "budget" which I haven't done a very good job of meeting in the first place!!!

I hope to get some packing done this weekend, if I can find time between 3 birthday/Halloween parties we have to attend and the U of M/ MSU game! GO BLUE!!

TTFN,

Jackie

Are you still planning on the Jetski Tour at KW? I booked it to replace the Stingray Swim, but now it looks like so much fun I don't want to cancel.
We did it for the exact same reason---I had nothing planned for Key West but now that we're booked we just can't bring ourselves to cancel ! LOL
Oh, btw, my 12 yo dd is also freaked about the stingrays and may or may not go in. I'll do my best to coax her. We did have a little experience with swimming with stingrays at Discovery Cove in 2003, but I know this isn't quite the same. My 14 yo dd, otoh, is jumping up and down to do this.

Were booked with Capt Marvins(actually my dh and the 2 dd's) for the 1/2 day trip. I was going to meet them at 7 mile beach when they were done??? I am going to e-mail them and make sure it's still on, and find out where else I can meet them.

lUVTOGO - Well, guess I never made it into the store, but we are also booked with Captain Marvin's 1/2 day excursion so we're sure to meet up at some point! I called them 2 days ago to reconfirm our reservation and they said all was a go!

MiaSRN62 - Tomorrow is the big day! What time are you leaving? We are still undecided. DH wants to leave alot earlier than I expected, so we'll see. Have a safe drive down and hope to meet up on the ship!

Karen :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter