12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
pjpoohbear said:
She says all the pays over the holidays will have the data submitted between the 10 and 14th, and she must be there as all three pays have to be closed by the 15th. Even thought she picks the dates for close of pay cycles, these were picked over a year ago.

Pj

I wonder if Maria Athwal feels that your mom has to be there..... Maybe I will call her and get her opinion, I have her number.....

pyramid2000 said:
The big elf usually brings 2 or 3 things. The rest are from mom and dad and each other. :goodvibes

I now wish that we had started to do things differently but it is a little late to change that now. Everything is wrapped in HIS special paper for each of them. I think that we will try to alter it a bit next year.

Santa does not wrap presents here but leaves them out in an artful display (ok a PILE for each kid). :lmao: We usually give the kids 3-4 other little items wrapped under the tree from us along with lots of other gifts from grandparents, friends, etc..

Jhalkias said:
Yeah, but did you also have banana bread at EVERY meal?

We did, we did!

They knew how to take care of the banana man!

:banana:

John1
I didn't even think to ask for that but I will hint next time, Jackson loves banana bread and he needs the calories!

Our kids get 1 gift from Santa each year and 2-3 from us, nothing major. PJs and train stuff. I figure we just gave them Disney Magic, how can we top that?

This year was the first year I have taken them to see Santa and they had their one thing planned to ask him for (usually they write letters). I walked up nearby as they were finishing what they wanted and was horrified to hear Santa say "what else do you want?".... I had to quickly divert that conversation. What a lump that Santa was, no charm and trying to get them to ask for more stuff! Mrs Clause on the ship was wayyy better, I like a charismatic Santa I guess.

Santa was in a great mood when we saw him at DTD. This was the first year DD had been near him since she was a baby. DS was a bit nervous as well. They both did great though & I was next to her as DD asked for her special gift. He looked over at me before he said anything & when I nodded my head that she would get it, he told her that if she was a good girl he would do what he could.

TanaL said:
Our kids get 1 gift from Santa each year and 2-3 from us, nothing major. PJs and train stuff. I figure we just gave them Disney Magic, how can we top that?

This year was the first year I have taken them to see Santa and they had their one thing planned to ask him for (usually they write letters). I walked up nearby as they were finishing what they wanted and was horrified to hear Santa say "what else do you want?".... I had to quickly divert that conversation. What a lump that Santa was, no charm and trying to get them to ask for more stuff! Mrs Clause on the ship was wayyy better, I like a charismatic Santa I guess.
I took our girls to a mall when they were little and I swear the REAL Santa was there. He told DD1 she needs to eat her veggies and DD2 that she needs to clean her room. Now how would he know which kid to tell what to if he was not the real deal?? :thumbsup2 He always brought the big gift - unwrapped - and the rest all came from Mom and Dad.

lbgraves said:
ROFL! You must be joking!!! THIS weekend??? I am only trying to get thru our 1800 pictures to make corrections on them before downloading them to the site because the kids both have to do presentations after Christmas break. I put captions on them as well. I believe that it was this past August when I finally got to our 12/05 cruise to do this. :teeth: The pictures are out there but I think that things like laundry & unpacking are taking precidence now.
wow, 1800! How many scrapbooks will that be?! I only took about 1000 and picked 500 to upload and order prints. Only a few of those had to be edited or enlarged. Laundry, unpacking are all done, the kids put their own stuff away which makes my life a little easier! Normally I wouldn't mind waiting but I really want this scrapbook out on Christmas when the outlaws are here to look at it together.

Santa will bring the bikes and the Ariel salon and the stockings. The rest will be from us.
I still have to get the girls an ornament, pjs and a book to open on xmas eve.

I received this one in email today:

ULTIMATE FEMALE JOKE

A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after work cocktail with
her girlfriends when an exceptionally tall, handsome, extremely sexy,
middle-aged man entered. He was so striking that the woman could
not take her eyes off him.The young-at-heart man noticed her overly
attentive stare and walked directly toward her (as all men will).

Before she could offer her apologies for so rudely staring, he
leaned over and whispered to her, "I'll do anything,absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for $20.00......on one condition."
(There are always conditions)

Flabbergasted, the woman asked what the condition was.Then he
replied, "You have to tell me what you want meto do in just three words."
(controlling, huh?)

The woman considered his proposition for a moment, then slowly
removed a $20 bill from her purse, which she pressed into the man's hand along with her address. She looked deeply into his eyes, and slowly, and
meaningfully said....

"Clean my house."

We always give new XMas pjs on Christmas Eve. We also have everyone over for Christmas Eve so those presents we open at 10-11Pish. We also wrap in different paper for the different kids. Now that DD is older I realized would Santa wrap in the paper I chose?? Do I need to wrap in different paper from him?? She just wants a gameboy game so I'm thinking I can get away with a gift bag... maybe. She is good she never looks. My nephew - he's like my brother was - he can't help himself.

lbgraves said:
Santa was in a great mood when we saw him at DTD. This was the first year DD had been near him since she was a baby. DS was a bit nervous as well. They both did great though & I was next to her as DD asked for her special gift. He looked over at me before he said anything & when I nodded my head that she would get it, he told her that if she was a good girl he would do what he could.

that does it, only Disney santas for us from now on! This sounds way better than the one we went to at our local community center.

MrsMork said:
I took our girls to a mall when they were little and I swear the REAL Santa was there. He told DD1 she needs to eat her veggies and DD2 that she needs to clean her room. Now how would he know which kid to tell what to if he was not the real deal?? :thumbsup2 He always brought the big gift - unwrapped - and the rest all came from Mom and Dad.

That is too cute Angie!

87Heel said:
Guess what was in my mail today.... JURY DUTY SUMMONS!
February 2... what fun.

oh no! Have you done it before? I kind of enjoyed it a little, twisted I know... but 100% grown up conversation all day was refreshing and I enjoyed learning about the trial process. I was almost on a murder trial. By the last day several women had formed a group. None of us got called for jury pools that day so we all went out to lunch together and spent the day doing puzzles and watching Grey's Anatomy on someone's laptop.... that is not a bad day! Hope you have fun with it too!

Well, slow going here with the kids after each other. They have been told that we can easily cancel their resie and mom & dad can go cruise with Mickey on their own while they stay with friends at school. ;) I told them that I was going to get the kitchen cleaned no matter what they did to each other & soon after that they were discussing the fact that Santa probably knew that they had been bad and they probably wouldn't get any presents this year. They did decide that they should start working for next year though. OY!

Dinner is in the crockpot on high since it didn't get done until noon. The breadmachine is in process for a nice warm loaf of wheat bread to have with dinner. The table is cleared and there is actually a holiday tablecloth on it. This is the kitchen table...not the dining room one. I told DD this morning that we would be eating Christmas dinner in the kitchen. I have no idea where I am going to put the 2 feet of stuff on that table in 4 days. YIKES!

I've come down with a cold. :sick: I think Dennis has too. Probably from Aaron on the plane on the way home. awk!! And I really do need to get that tree up tonight! Dennis did whip out a quick letter for the cards and printed labels last night. I will drop them at the post office in the morning. I think they will be a day or two late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter