12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grouphug: to everyone who is feeling bad. :(

I need to do some major grocery shopping tonight including getting everything for our holiday meal. :eek: I am still trying to finalize a menu for Christmas Eve lunch (our big meal since that is when the in-laws will be here). So far I have:

Apps: Mexican Layered Dip

Meal: Sprial Ham (MIL is bringing)
Scalloped Potatoes
Broccoli Casserole
Carrots
Fruit Salad
Rolls

Dessert: Sugar Cookies

I need another app and another dessert but I think that will have to be everything. I don't have the energy for anything else. Does anyone have any good easy suggestions for another app or dessert?

TanaL said:
oh no! Have you done it before? I kind of enjoyed it a little, twisted I know... but 100% grown up conversation all day was refreshing and I enjoyed learning about the trial process. I was almost on a murder trial. By the last day several women had formed a group. None of us got called for jury pools that day so we all went out to lunch together and spent the day doing puzzles and watching Grey's Anatomy on someone's laptop.... that is not a bad day! Hope you have fun with it too!
I was summoned for federal court a number of years ago. Hannah was only about a year old and not in day care (I've only had part-time jobs since she was born). I wrote on the form that I had no child care (family is out of town) for her or before/after school for Elizabeth (in K at the time). DH was a CT surgery resident, so he couldn't take off work to care for them either. They excused me.

Now this time is county court, and they have drop-in childcare for jurors' kids, so I can't be excused for that. Elizabeth can watch Hannah after school, and I can get a neighbor to cover for Hannah before the bus gets there.

becka said:
I need another app and another dessert but I think that will have to be everything. I don't have the energy for anything else. Does anyone have any good easy suggestions for another app or dessert?

App ideas:
Cheese chunks/cheese spread and crackers (store-bought spread or I have an easy recipe if you want)
Veggies and dip (again, store-bought or easy to make)

Dessert:
Something chocolate, but easy, like brownies? Or tollhouse cookies, made into bars (quicker than cookies).

Santa has just a little bit work to do ...
At my house the big elf's gifts are wrapped (but he doesn't bring everything). He uses his own paper (usually featuring his own image) and his own tags. Other gifts from mom/dad/sibs are in assorted papers. Now when we had Christmas morning at the inlaws' house, I went along with the no-wrap, toys-set-up policy that Santa uses there for the A-list item(s). He also puts B-list items in/near the stockings (I usually only leave the C-list items--candy, trinkets--in the stocking.)

pjpoohbear said:
The people on my new cruise are strange. Adults offering breast-feeding by accident, what is going on over there? I am sticking with you all.

Pj

what? No Thong-gifted educators with shoulder-clinging monkey beast with a strong desire to take photographs of an inflatable smiling tropical fruit? :confused3

You are safe here.... :rolleyes1

GoofyforGoofy said:
what? No Thong-gifted educators with shoulder-clinging monkey beast with a strong desire to take photographs of an inflatable smiling tropical fruit? :confused3

You are safe here.... :rolleyes1
:rotfl2: :lmao:

Anyone want anything at LLBean? :rolleyes1 Time for a trip. I have not had a chance to leave this house since Monday other than trips to the doctor and grocery store. That means I have not done anything regarding those remaining gifts. I suggested tentatively not having Christmas Eve party - yeah that went over well. Not 2 hours earlier he made that suggestion and I said "No, we'll make it through"

and then thinking about it I thought well Carla you are nuts, you are the one who has to do all of the prep and cleaning and wrapping and set up etc (he cooks). With Isabella sick this is impossible SO I broached the subject 2 hrs later and that went over like a led balloon. He said "but you said it was fine why didn't you say something when I first asked? I wanted to wring his neck. :furious: Its not like he asked me the day or even week before. I am ALWAYS accommodating to his family. Now I'm just too tired. I can't take care of her and please them so I opted for me.

So why LLBean? I need to go pick up all of those presents and the Freeport store is HUGE and has everything in stock that the others do not. Since my plea will fall on deaf ears or drama will insue I might as well get the presents so at least they will be done and I won't stress over them. :rolleyes: Of course I need to wait until he gets home.

I think I'm coming down with something - perhaps this explains why I am feeling so cantankerous. Okay mood change....Put on a Happy Face..... :sunny:

Bella2000 said:
Anyone want anything at LLBean? :rolleyes1 Time for a trip. I have not had a chance to leave this house since Monday other than trips to the doctor and grocery store. That means I have not done anything regarding those remaining gifts. I suggested tentatively not having Christmas Eve party - yeah that went over well. Not 2 hours earlier he made that suggestion and I said "No, we'll make it through"

and then thinking about it I thought well Carla you are nuts, you are the one who has to do all of the prep and cleaning and wrapping and set up etc (he cooks). With Isabella sick this is impossible SO I broached the subject 2 hrs later and that went over like a led balloon. He said "but you said it was fine why didn't you say something when I first asked? I wanted to wring his neck. :furious: Its not like he asked me the day or even week before. I am ALWAYS accommodating to his family. Now I'm just too tired. I can't take care of her and please them so I opted for me.

So why LLBean? I need to go pick up all of those presents and the Freeport store is HUGE and has everything in stock that the others do not. Since my plea will fall on deaf ears or drama will insue I might as well get the presents so at least they will be done and I won't stress over them. :rolleyes: Of course I need to wait until he gets home.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The best part about reading this now I that I can see you saying this...facial expressions, rolling eyes and all. :lmao: Why don't you just tell him

The reason I said that it would be fine a few hours ago is that I was blinded with denial. This just isn't going to happen and I am ready to accept that now. :thumbsup2

I am just thinking out loud after going thru the DIS goodies from the cruise and washing the dishes. Let's see who I can think of who has rebooked for 12/8/07...

Lisa & Mike +2
John1 & Amy +1
Steve & Kim +1
Vanessa & John2 +2
Brack & Annette
Angie & Dennis & family
Carla & Carl maybe +1
Jill & family

That fits the private dining room at Palo for brunch &/or dinner. Everyone already has their stockings. How about an ornament exchange? We will have almost a year to plan & make them.

:lmao: :lmao:
lbgraves said:
Todd, here is DD's Captain Jack Sparrow Dead Man's Chest pose.

100_3543.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

pirate:

Okay people I have been off line the last 18 hours cause my Desktop crashed in a huge way....Dang I hate PC eeerrrrrrrr.... Come to find out on my Sony Desktop I have two hard drives running in raid 0 (for you techno nuts...lol) and one of the HD's got bad something ....So its at the Computer Dr. and I am on the laptop ....Now ..Most likely I will lose all of my info and pics and everything .....

So I need your help ...I know a few have sent me pics to my email ...but now they are lost so could you please hold on to any and all pics and when I get this resolved could you then please send them to me ....

Sorry , please bare with me ....I am so mad right now cause I have lost alot of pics ....I am hoping they can get the data back for me , but two people from two different places have said all is lost ...eerrrrrrr

So if I dont make it on before Christmas ....

Merry Christmas

I am not a "Have a Happy Holidays" Kinda person , I always say Merry Christmas ....unless of course I know that person is of a different following ..

pirate:

You didn't lose your pics from this cruise already did you? :( The board is going to be shut down for a couple days anyhow starting tomorrow night. :( :( :( I was wondering if anyone is on IM or another message system.

we finally made it home last night at 10pm. our dogs were so excited to see us. I will say that AirTran did fine with the flights but they sure were tough on on luggage. two bags have items broken inside them. oh well, I should have mailed the items and marked them fragile. luckily they were not terribly expensive items.

I really enjoyed meeting all of you. I wish we could have rebooked but DH & I are holding out for an Alaska cruise in 08 to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

I hope everyone made it home okay. Happy holidays to all.

Missy

waltsgirl said:
I wonder if Maria Athwal feels that your mom has to be there..... Maybe I will call her and get her opinion, I have her number.....

mom is killing herself laughing. And she is starting to scheme in her head, go Amy!

Pj

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter