12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, tomorrow at 4:55 pm, someone has to right click and save the thread file. Cool?

Pj

Todd = soo sorry about the computer. Pogue did an article on harddrive retrieval companies this year. Try NYT archives - there might be something there that can help that others did not. Good Luck!

So, there was a HUGE sale going on at the flagship LLBean store. How cool is that huh>!! Typically it is after the holiday so it was awesome going up to the register and finding out some things were less. I spent too much money and hit all three of the stores there. Love that place. I was helped by this fabulous person. I swear she was trained by Disney. I almost asked her when I saw her direct me using the two finger point but I chickened out. She was truly fabulous. I wish I could take her with me to do all of my shopping. There was only one item she couldn't find for me which was fine considering how great she was so I went along my merry way to check out.

I was waiting in line when I hear - "I got it". There she was!! She had hunted down the last one. How cool! She was my hero!

So if anyone is in Freeport in the Womens section at 12:30A and you run into Sam know that you will have a stellar person helping you. ;)

I told the mgr she was fab, filled out one of the comment cards AND I plan to write in. I love that they are always so helpful in their stores but she just went over and above.

I'm officially finished Christmas shopping. I will not get anything more. Nada, nothing. I am officially finished birthday shopping (well for DH I mean I haven't begun shopping for ME ME ME!!! :rolleyes1

I am now going to go back to bed.

Oh DH just came in wondering what I was doing. uhm typing :confused3 He's so silly.

Okay night all. If I don't get back on before the board goes down - Have a fabulous holiday!!!! Lisa, Tell your DH Happy Birthday from us!! Remind people - no christmas paper! :lmao:

Oh last thing - too funny. DH is walking like a zombie because he had to get up to get DD water and while I was gone she was sick again which is a real bummer since she was able to keep food down etc all day until then. Anyway I wanted SO badly to say - yeah welcome to my world since Sunday buddy - but I didn't. Anyway she is in our bed so when I sign off here I think I'll go lay down in her bed. wouldn't that be nice. I'd feel too guilty to really do it though.

Bella2000 said:

Carla,

I almost dropped in a comment on the column about our experience here. (I didn't)

In that sea and morass of poor etiquette and downright rudeness on the net, isn’t it wonderful that a group of people like us were able to connect, share friendship, share our hopes, dreams, and yes, our heartaches?

I often think about what may or may not have happened had we all been on this cruise and met for the first time perhaps at dinner on the ship. How much more lonely would that cruise have been?

Would we have laughed as much? Would we have cried on that final morning?

The net and the DIS gave us a wonderful gift of communication and friendship long before we were ever able to lay eyes on each other. One of the beautiful things was the anonymity that we had in not pre-judging each other from how we might have “looked” (even as we shared photos).

In further thinking about Pogue’s column, one of the basic differences of our dialogue may have been that we KNEW we WERE going to someday meet face to face and erase that anonymity. Someday we knew we would have to face each other in a closed environment for a week of our lives!

I like to think that may have been in the back of our minds, but did not really make the difference. I like to think that this is just a great group of respectful and kind people – no matter where they are on the internet (with a little bit of well-timed sarcasm being the exception).

John1

becka said:
:grouphug: to everyone who is feeling bad. :(

I need to do some major grocery shopping tonight including getting everything for our holiday meal. :eek: I am still trying to finalize a menu for Christmas Eve lunch (our big meal since that is when the in-laws will be here). So far I have:

Apps: Mexican Layered Dip

Meal: Sprial Ham (MIL is bringing)
Scalloped Potatoes
Broccoli Casserole
Carrots
Fruit Salad
Rolls

Dessert: Sugar Cookies

I need another app and another dessert but I think that will have to be everything. I don't have the energy for anything else. Does anyone have any good easy suggestions for another app or dessert?

App: Veggies of some sort.
Dessert: Chocolate of course...make a Pudding cake, DW knows how to do it.

GoofyforGoofy said:
App: Veggies of some sort.
Dessert: Chocolate of course...make a Pudding cake, DW knows how to do it.

Great! I will expect Kristina to make me one and deliver it by noon on Sunday! The local airport code is COU. ;) :rotfl2:

lbgraves said:
I am just thinking out loud after going thru the DIS goodies from the cruise and washing the dishes. Let's see who I can think of who has rebooked for 12/8/07...

Lisa & Mike +2
John1 & Amy +1
Steve & Kim +1
Vanessa & John2 +2
Brack & Annette
Angie & Dennis & family
Carla & Carl maybe +1
Jill & family

That fits the private dining room at Palo for brunch &/or dinner. Everyone already has their stockings. How about an ornament exchange? We will have almost a year to plan & make them.

Make ornaments??? :confused3 We could buy an ornament for an exchange. :teeth:

DisneyVegas1 said:
Okay people I have been off line the last 18 hours cause my Desktop crashed in a huge way....Dang I hate PC eeerrrrrrrr.... Come to find out on my Sony Desktop I have two hard drives running in raid 0 (for you techno nuts...lol) and one of the HD's got bad something ....So its at the Computer Dr. and I am on the laptop ....Now ..Most likely I will lose all of my info and pics and everything .....

So I need your help ...I know a few have sent me pics to my email ...but now they are lost so could you please hold on to any and all pics and when I get this resolved could you then please send them to me ....

Sorry , please bare with me ....I am so mad right now cause I have lost alot of pics ....I am hoping they can get the data back for me , but two people from two different places have said all is lost ...eerrrrrrr

So if I dont make it on before Christmas ....

Merry Christmas

I am not a "Have a Happy Holidays" Kinda person , I always say Merry Christmas ....unless of course I know that person is of a different following ..

pirate:

Dennis had not started working on our pics yet, still trying to get that darn tree up! We will put some in the snapfish account when done, and also can send a cd. Hopefully, they will be able to recover, that is really a big loss.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS TOO, TODD.

Oh, and again, thank you for the fun Cozumel day!

becka said:
Great! I will expect Kristina to make me one and deliver it by noon on Sunday! The local airport code is COU. ;) :rotfl2:

Actually Becka, that would get me out of an outlaw visit so consider it done....... Does SWA fly there?

I'd have to make it tonight of course cause they taste better 2 days after making. (the graham crackers are squishyer)

Jhalkias said:
Carla,

I almost dropped in a comment on the column about our experience here. (I didn't)

In that sea and morass of poor etiquette and downright rudeness on the net, isn’t it wonderful that a group of people like us were able to connect, share friendship, share our hopes, dreams, and yes, our heartaches?

I often think about what may or may not have happened had we all been on this cruise and met for the first time perhaps at dinner on the ship. How much more lonely would that cruise have been?

Would we have laughed as much? Would we have cried on that final morning?

The net and the DIS gave us a wonderful gift of communication and friendship long before we were ever able to lay eyes on each other. One of the beautiful things was the anonymity that we had in not pre-judging each other from how we might have “looked” (even as we shared photos).

In further thinking about Pogue’s column, one of the basic differences of our dialogue may have been that we KNEW we WERE going to someday meet face to face and erase that anonymity. Someday we knew we would have to face each other in a closed environment for a week of our lives!

I like to think that may have been in the back of our minds, but did not really make the difference. I like to think that this is just a great group of respectful and kind people – no matter where they are on the internet (with a little bit of well-timed sarcasm being the exception).

John1
:grouphug:
Yes, what he said! :grouphug:

Merry Christmas! Frohliche Weinachten! (Fro-licka Vy-Nock-ten) Feliz Navidad! Happy Chanakuh!

snow.gif

frosty.gif
lights.gif
santa1tgb8.gif
wreath.gif
xmas1.gif

My chores for today.. mail the cards, get the herbs and fruit for the turkey brine, take the dog to the vet for shots and liscense renewal, finish unpacking and get the suitcases out of the livingroom so we can GET THAT TREE UP, clean off the diningroom table (this could wait until Sunday)

becka said:

If you think she's gonna make it and deliver it to you, your airport code might as well be umm... SOL. :rolleyes1

goofyforlife said:
Actually Becka, that would get me out of an outlaw visit so consider it done....... Does SWA fly there?

I'd have to make it tonight of course cause they taste better 2 days after making. (the graham crackers are squishyer)

Sorry - no Southwest unless you want to fly into Kansas City or St. Louis but then again I could drive to meet you at the KS or STL airport and miss my own outlaw visit. The cake is supposed to be for their lunch but I am sure it will taste much better if I just eat it all by myself in the car on the way back home from the airport. They will never know what they are missing! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter