12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
magicalfam5 said:
Thanks for the tip. That's all I need--simple directions! I can handle that one. :)

That's my level of expertise...push button, paper comes out!

Good night! :wave:

To use lugguage locks or not to use luggage locks? That is the question. And does anyone know a reasonable place to get the TSA approved ones?

fabulusk said:
To use lugguage locks or not to use luggage locks? That is the question. And does anyone know a reasonable place to get the TSA approved ones?

Can't help you Angela...I usually don't lock my luggage and just take things that are important on carry-on...but the whole cruise thing changes that quite a bit....not like you're going to pick it up right after you get off of the plane, right?

I don't know what to do about luggage at the port....

Target has them so does Fred Meyers. But I don't know if I would use them. We are putting ty wraps on ours. TSA is really picky about them and even if they are the approved ones they tend to go out of their way to open suitcases with locks.

by using those plastic closers you can see if your bag has been touched and not worry about lockes. Just bring extras to reseal after the hotel and after customs for the way home.

Home depot had them for about $1.50, enought for us to use on 100 trips :rotfl2:

OK, everyone, I'm headed out....

didn't get enough sleep last night, going to try to make up for it now. :)

Talk to you tomorrow!

fabulusk said:

I have a whole bunch but after reading about more and more luggage being searched I bought a package of small cable ties and will use those. Now to find the nail clippers so I can open them at the hotel and once on board the ship!

KSDTink said:
I have a whole bunch but after reading about more and more luggage being searched I bought a package of small cable ties and will use those. Now to find the nail clippers so I can open them at the hotel and once on board the ship!

that's the name of those things!!! I put a small pair of scissors in the outside pocket of my checked suitcast. :lmao:

3pirates said:
OK, everyone, I'm headed out....

didn't get enough sleep last night, going to try to make up for it now. :)

Talk to you tomorrow!

How little is not enough??? I got about 2 hours last night. Then this evening drove DB down to Indy to the airport! I got home and my feet are sooooo swollen. All the humidity in the air is making me retain water like crazy, Ugh.

Well, I think I am off to bed too. Definitely in need of sleep here :goodvibes

KSDTink said:
How little is not enough??? I got about 2 hours last night. Then this evening drove DB down to Indy to the airport! I got home and my feet are sooooo swollen. All the humidity in the air is making me retain water like crazy, Ugh.

Well, I think I am off to bed too. Definitely in need of sleep here :goodvibes

Humidity - what's that???

Good night...

Morning! :wave:

Just checking in...still not awake (and I've been up for 1 1/2 hours....) guess it's going to be one of those days...

Kat, you win the sleepless award..I got about 4 hours of sleep night before last, and I could just tell by 9 or 10 last night I was cranky and not chatty and just needed to get to bed and away from others... They say when retaining water, drink more.....of course they say drink more water for pretty much everything. :)

It was 64 degrees at 6 am, but it's going to rain all day and cold front coming through...oh boy! Oh well, at least not a snowstorm, right Susan?

Heading to the mall today to finish up some Christmas stuff...hope you all have a good day.....

Good morning everyone!

As far as locking suitcases, I bought TSA locks at our AAA store and never used them because I also heard they would open/cut off the locks to inspect.
We just use the zip/cable ties and leave nail clippers in an outside pocket (not zip tied) of our checked luggage to open them when needed. We bring extra for the return trip home.

Just another hint I found on the boards---I bring home made address labels with our room # printed on them for the last night. When you get your disney luggage tags, just stick on a label instead of writing them all out. Helps when you have 8 luggage tags that only mom seems to be able to fill out!!

Going to the grocery store and make a return to Kohls.

Talk to you later,
Judy

good news for us... well maybe... hayley might end up coming on the cruise! not sure on all the details but my mom called saying that my sister called in the middle of the night last night hysterical. i guess some of the girls on the team were being really mean to her. so she asked if she could be added back on. but she told my mom not to do anything until she talked to the coach this afternoon. so fingers are crossed!

well have a good day everyone! time to get ready for work and scoot. even though i'm working in slow mo cause my boss is out of town so he'll never know how late i leave today... but i have to be good today if i'm thinking about totally skipping work tomorrow. my flight to orlando is supposed to be at 435pm. and we're going to have to go through all kinds of hassle getting me to mvmcp. so i'm going to leave earlier i think. i want to try and leave early in the morning with my parents. but we haven't really talked about it. so we'll see what happens!

3pirates said:
It was 64 degrees at 6 am, but it's going to rain all day and cold front coming through...oh boy! Oh well, at least not a snowstorm, right Susan?

Heading to the mall today to finish up some Christmas stuff...hope you all have a good day.....

It was 62 here when I came to work at 7:45 this morning, but raining. It has poured off and on all morning. The forecast calls for a major temp drop tonight and snow tomorrow. The northern part of the state is under a winter storm watch for tomorrow. We aren't, but we are supposed to get a few inches of snow :eek: .

Found NOTHING at the Disney store last night :( . And I really need to find stocking stuffers for DH :confused3 .

Later....

Good Morning. Wet this morning. my car was coated in ice but it was raining. School was one hour late but I went in at regular time to get some work done.

Will check in again at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter