courtney!!!

your ring is stunning!!

your dress is stunning

the flowergirl dress are stunning

heck....you are stunning....your gonna be a beautiful bride

i love those ballet flats for the little girls!!

i cant wait to read more!!

I had to check out your planning thread b/c we both joined this site around the same time! (I remember your pic). I hadn't seen any posts from you in awhile so I thought maybe your plans changed! Also funny how we both have had long engagments & are finally starting to finalize our plans. They, you know what they say: slow & steady wins the race (or gets a wedding at WDW at least) :cool1:

Hey Courtney:

EVERYTHING is stunning!!!! We Texas girls must think alike my ring is also platinum with 2+ carats

I am from Lubbock & yes my wedding is 11-14-07 @ WP with dinner in a private room on the third deck @ Fulton's - my first choice was Citrico's but we had too many people for the Chef's Domain & we really wanted a private room.

I love the tuxes - where did you find them?

courtney!!!

your ring is stunning!!

your dress is stunning

the flowergirl dress are stunning

heck....you are stunning....your gonna be a beautiful bride

i love those ballet flats for the little girls!!

i cant wait to read more!!

Awwww! You are too, too sweet!:hug: Thank you for your kind words, it means a great deal!:goodvibes I just hope everything turns out well in the end! There are some days when I just want to run off, just DF and I, and get hitched. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and his, but it has been stressful trying to plan during nursing school!:eek: Anyway, it helps to have the opinions of everyone here for sure!

Thanks again! You made my day!:hug: :dance3:

I had to check out your planning thread b/c we both joined this site around the same time! (I remember your pic). I hadn't seen any posts from you in awhile so I thought maybe your plans changed! Also funny how we both have had long engagments & are finally starting to finalize our plans. They, you know what they say: slow & steady wins the race (or gets a wedding at WDW at least) :cool1:

Haha, yes, I had to take a hiatus from the disboards in the beginning of nursing school! Luckily, I am on the downhill swing in nursing school, and have *a little* more time! Glad to see you are also getting to finalize your wedding! Have you started a planning journal yet? Keep me posted!:goodvibes

Hey Courtney:

EVERYTHING is stunning!!!! We Texas girls must think alike my ring is also platinum with 2+ carats

I am from Lubbock & yes my wedding is 11-14-07 @ WP with dinner in a private room on the third deck @ Fulton's - my first choice was Citrico's but we had too many people for the Chef's Domain & we really wanted a private room.

I love the tuxes - where did you find them?

Thanks girl! We Texas girls do think alike!;) How many people are you having at your wedding? I wish we could have the Chef's Domain as well.:confused3 Fulton's is great! Have you ever been?

Seth actually found the tuxes at Al's Formal Wear, which I believe is a Texas chain.

Are you going to start a planning journal?:dance3:

We are having 14-16 guests total.

We were at Fulton's on our last visit & it was one of DF's only request that we go back - He wasn't requesting it for the wedding dinner he just wanted to make sure we ate there at some point during our stay. After the Chef's Domain was out; we checked into the usual Disney options: V&A's, CG, etc... They were all ok & nothing was wrong with any of them but I had Fulton's on my list of places to check on & once I started dealing with their EM & finding out all of the different options I WAS SOLD:cool1:

I will probably start my PJ in a week or so

The Engagement

DF and I had been looking at rings in the summer to get an idea of what I liked. Well, one day in early October of 2005, we drove into Houston (we were in College Station in grad school at the time) to pick out my ring. It didn't take too long, as I had known exactly what I wanted. Well, I picked it out, he paid for it (this is quite a funny story here, actually. DF likes to pay things in cash, so he did just this for my ring. Well, he was afraid of carrying that much cash around in his wallet or back pocket, so he pulled it out of the boot he was wearing. You can imagine the look on the owner's face, and my face as well b/c I had no idea he was hiding his stash in his boot :lmao: :rotfl: ). Like I say, ONLY in Texas! I love me my Texas men! Anyway,;) :rotfl2: I just found this scene highly amusing, and it will be something we always will remember.

Moving along....well, I knew the ring would be ready for pick up (we were having it set) in a couple of days. However, DF and I were going out to USC's (my alma mater) Homecoming football game in a couple of weekends, and also to DisneyLand. I really thought I would get the proposal around then. Ha. Well, Monday night, I get out of class, and Seth calls me a 8pm to tell me he's coming over to my apartment. He shows up with two dozen roses, a card, and champagne. Well, I knew then what was coming. I read the card, which was very sweet, and then he got down on one knee. Seth told me that he had wanted to propose when we went to L.A., but the moment he picked up the ring, he had to do it as soon as possible. As you can tell, the boy is not patient, haha.:rotfl:

Anyway, that is the engagement story. When we finally get married, we will have been engaged for close to 27 months! It has been a long engagement, but worth it!:goodvibes

My Engagement Ring:
Round Brilliant Solitaire, set in Platinum, 2.0 carats
ring1.jpg

My Wedding Band:
Eternity Diamond Band, set in Platinum, 3.0 carats
eternityband.jpg

your ring is amazing!!! I love it!

The Engagement

DF and I had been looking at rings in the summer to get an idea of what I liked. Well, one day in early October of 2005, we drove into Houston (we were in College Station in grad school at the time) to pick out my ring. It didn't take too long, as I had known exactly what I wanted. Well, I picked it out, he paid for it (this is quite a funny story here, actually. DF likes to pay things in cash, so he did just this for my ring. Well, he was afraid of carrying that much cash around in his wallet or back pocket, so he pulled it out of the boot he was wearing. You can imagine the look on the owner's face, and my face as well b/c I had no idea he was hiding his stash in his boot :lmao: :rotfl: ). Like I say, ONLY in Texas! I love me my Texas men! Anyway,;) :rotfl2: I just found this scene highly amusing, and it will be something we always will remember.

Moving along....well, I knew the ring would be ready for pick up (we were having it set) in a couple of days. However, DF and I were going out to USC's (my alma mater) Homecoming football game in a couple of weekends, and also to DisneyLand. I really thought I would get the proposal around then. Ha. Well, Monday night, I get out of class, and Seth calls me a 8pm to tell me he's coming over to my apartment. He shows up with two dozen roses, a card, and champagne. Well, I knew then what was coming. I read the card, which was very sweet, and then he got down on one knee. Seth told me that he had wanted to propose when we went to L.A., but the moment he picked up the ring, he had to do it as soon as possible. As you can tell, the boy is not patient, haha.:rotfl:

Anyway, that is the engagement story. When we finally get married, we will have been engaged for close to 27 months! It has been a long engagement, but worth it!:goodvibes

My Engagement Ring:
Round Brilliant Solitaire, set in Platinum, 2.0 carats
ring1.jpg

My Wedding Band:
Eternity Diamond Band, set in Platinum, 3.0 carats
eternityband.jpg

your ring is amazing!!! I love it!

Also - just an opinion on where to have the cake - I originally had my heart set on an Illuminations Dessert Party as well - we decided against it after I read several trip reports where the brides stated that the venue & fireworks were great but that the food was a waste.

that got me to thinking about the food events of the day:
2:30 - ceremony
3:30 - cake & champagne
5:30 - coctails & hors d' oeuvres
6:30 - soup course
salad course
main course (which includes 2 entrees, a vegitable side & bread)
dessert with a side of fruit & chocolate
1 of my wedding guests b-day is the same day so I am having a small
cake made for her.
& of course a full bar

After all of that I just couldn't justify another $2000 for a dessert party that I was pretty sure most people would only have a few bites.

I love your dress,the detail is amazing and I have to tell you that you are adorable.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter