Thanks for your kind words! I think Citrico's will be lovely!

The long distance thing can be hard, but like I said, we get to see each other fairly frequently, and it is only for another 7 months, so I can live with it. I am in school out here in NC, and his job was just too great of a deal to pass up in Texas. Hey, he just bought us DVC, so I am not complaining!;) :lmao: ;) When will you be back in the same state with your DF? Are you moving back to Cali? Is it b/c of your job? Sorry, I know I am nosy:rolleyes1 , you don't have to answer questions, haha.:rotfl2:

Hi Courtney! I love the dress you picked! It's gorgeous! I've also enjoyed reading about all your other details... and that cake looks sooo yummy! Even though I'm not from Texas and did not go to Texas A&M, I am a huge fan of country music, so I can appreciate anything that reflects the south for sure!

I hear you on the separation thing... Eric's job is also too good to pass up (and one of the only reasons we can afford our wedding!), so we have to be separated for now. After graduating college as a history major, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to law school right away, so I started applying for jobs and ended up securing a training position to become an underwriter for Chubb Specialty Insurance in CT. Now I love it!! I'm an insurance nerd for sure. I don't mind being in CT because this is where I was born and raised and I get to spend time with my family, but eventually I will relocate (probably sometime in the coming year) to a Chubb branch in NorCal, so Eric and I can be together. Its been hard because I miss Eric while we are apart, but I'll be devastated when I have to leave my family (especially since his parents aren't the biggest fans of me) :sad1: Oh well! I guess it's all part of growing up!

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is DVC? Disney Vacation Club? If so that's sooooo cool! Then I'd have to say spending that time apart is well worth it!!! ;)

Yay! That is sooo exciting! I actually had planned on going to the Yachtsman Steakhouse for our reception, and having the rehearsal dinner at Citrico's, but after Manuel emailed me the banquet menus, I decided that Citrico's would be perfect! Plus, we can just mosey on over after the ceremony. I think we are going to go to the Yachtsman Steakhouse for our reception Actually, since we will not be seated until 5:30, I was thinking we could have drinks at the bar at the GF in between the ceremony and the reception....do you know if this would be okay to do in our wedding attire?

I am sad that we have too many people to sit in the Chef's Domain, but they said if we show up at 5:30 we can all be seated together!:dance3: Anywho, did you do the banquet menus? If you did, which option did you choose, if you don't mind my asking?

We are really looking forward to Citrico's! I have never been, but I have seen it and it is gorgeous! I am so happy to hear your high opinion of it!:woohoo:

Courtney - I don't know why I didn't see this before. :confused: Please excuse my tardiness....:sad2:

To get a better feel as to which restaurant that we wanted to have (we were choosing between the Cali Grille and Citrico's) we headed down to Disney in September before the wedding and ate at each of the restaurants. :love: It was a tough choice, but in the end Citrico's won us over on the great service from the staff and Manuel himself.

We did look into the Chef's Domain, but there were only going to be 8 adults attending dinner, so I knew we wouldn't meet the $750 min. We spoke to Manuel on the phone several times, and he mentioned putting us in the middle of the restaurant - under the tray ceiling....

DSC01048.jpg

We also made the choices for the appetizers we were having served before the entree. Manuel gave us a menu to bring home to study. In the end, we chose the following for the meal (which was printed on a personalized menu, without the prices):

Appetizers - Arancini (crispy fried risotto with Mozzarella) and the Sauteed shrimp in white wine with feta cheese....:love:

Entrees - guests could choose from Sauteed Wild King Salmon, Citrico's Filet Sicilian, Braised Veal Shank, and a Chicken with Root Vegetables. I had the filet, and it was just :woohoo: !!!

For dessert, the wedding cake was sliced for us (at no charge :banana: ) and we were also given a plate with the Tropical Fruit Creme Brulee. I can honestly say that everything was just wonderful! I couldn't have picked a better place to have our dinner.

On the day of the wedding, Manuel met us at the doors to the restaurant and wanted to be one of the first to congratulate us on our wedding, and as his special gift, they had given us the Chef's Domain. It was just wonderful to be in there, it was perfect.

Here are some pictures...

HPIM0159.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

Again, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, I will do me best to answer them!!!:wizard:

You are so pretty:cutie:

...and I LOVE your ring, very classy!

Courtney - I don't know why I didn't see this before. :confused: Please excuse my tardiness....:sad2:

To get a better feel as to which restaurant that we wanted to have (we were choosing between the Cali Grille and Citrico's) we headed down to Disney in September before the wedding and ate at each of the restaurants. :love: It was a tough choice, but in the end Citrico's won us over on the great service from the staff and Manuel himself.

We did look into the Chef's Domain, but there were only going to be 8 adults attending dinner, so I knew we wouldn't meet the $750 min. We spoke to Manuel on the phone several times, and he mentioned putting us in the middle of the restaurant - under the tray ceiling....

DSC01048.jpg

We also made the choices for the appetizers we were having served before the entree. Manuel gave us a menu to bring home to study. In the end, we chose the following for the meal (which was printed on a personalized menu, without the prices):

Appetizers - Arancini (crispy fried risotto with Mozzarella) and the Sauteed shrimp in white wine with feta cheese....:love:

Entrees - guests could choose from Sauteed Wild King Salmon, Citrico's Filet Sicilian, Braised Veal Shank, and a Chicken with Root Vegetables. I had the filet, and it was just :woohoo: !!!

For dessert, the wedding cake was sliced for us (at no charge :banana: ) and we were also given a plate with the Tropical Fruit Creme Brulee. I can honestly say that everything was just wonderful! I couldn't have picked a better place to have our dinner.

On the day of the wedding, Manuel met us at the doors to the restaurant and wanted to be one of the first to congratulate us on our wedding, and as his special gift, they had given us the Chef's Domain. It was just wonderful to be in there, it was perfect.

Here are some pictures...

HPIM0159.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

Again, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, I will do me best to answer them!!!:wizard:

Ahhh! Now you have to excuse MY tardiness!:scared1: I have been swamped at school this week. Thank you sooo much for all of the info! It is really helpful! Your pics just reaffirmed my choice in picking Citrico's for my reception! It is gorgeous, and I am sure the food is awesome as well!:wizard: If I have anymore questions, I will definitely ask you! Thanks again!:goodvibes

Wow. I love those shoes. In fact, more than my own!!! They are the perfect cinerella "glass" slippers.

Courtney- I am so sorry I did not post sooner I feel like I have fallen off of the earth! AMAZING planning journal so far. I LOVE EVERYTHING! GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to hear more this will be a wonderful wedding I am sure of it! OMG I would kill to have your blue eyes!

subscribing -everything you have chosen is beautiful! princess:

Hey Courtney:

Everything is still looking FAB - did you decide on the dessert party or Wishes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter