18 Wonderful nights at RPR.....Michael Myers too!! (2014 Trip)

I'm sorry about your tooth! I hope they fixed it up for you nice and quick. Not where I want to be on vacation....the Dentist!!!

That cake does look good :thumbsup2

It is the richest, gooiest (is that a word) chocolate cake ever...........I wish I liked chocolate cake.......actually maybe I'm glad I don't...........:thumbsup2

I think it was your last trip report that got me hooked on Universal. Looking forward to reading this one!

Aww thank you, that is so nice of you to say..........well, hope you enjoy this one too.........I plan to finish it quicker than the last one.......I hope :)

Friday 12th Sept.........

So we get up extra early this morning to get to Celebration for my dentist appointment. We know celebration well, and how to get there but didnt actually know where the dentist building was. We always bring a satnav, but to be honest everything is marked really well, so when we do wander around we find we never need it. But thought we may use it today. Leave Kyle in bed and he will head up the lounge for breakfast when he gets up. I tell Tom we should go up so he can get something, but he can go all day with no food........not me.

We set off and traffic isn`t too bad this morning. We do go the I4 instead of going through LBV then into Celebration and thankfully it`s flowing well. So in about 20 minutes we`re pulling into the street. There are parking spaces, but we`re not sure if they are public parking or not. So we ask a woman with the biggest dog ever......this dog is huge......but friendly, she tells us yes it`s public parking. We walk a little bit and we walk into a very pretty dentists office. Now my dentist at home has a nice office.....but this was beautiful. Very Spanish hacienda feel about it. We go in and immediately are welcomed by a receptionist who gives me a form of about 86 pages to fill in??? Wow......then I sit and wait and a lady comes through for me. I show her the crown, she then proceeds to give me two xrays and explains what they are going to do and what they are going to do to the crown......I`m kind of like....eh I just wanted it recemented in. She explains it`s too bulky and that`s why it keeps getting knocked, so they are going to "alter my bite".....now I had visions of them breaking my jaw and resetting it with that statement.........I was worried by now what they were doing......but then the "Doctor" came through....he was very nice and immediately started shaving the crown down at the back.....I had to grind my teeth into a silica paper, then they did it again. Eventually, he said it was good......then disappeared saying he would be back. The woman then said the lady who deals with all the finances would come through and go through the bill with me......now I was giggling. I had been in for nearly an hour and had no idea what this was going to cost......not that it mattered as it needed doing but I had a vision of it being an absolute fortune. I knew our insurance didnt cover it...but hey ho......anyway, she started going through this list........I worked out I thought it was going to be around $1000........but joy.....it was only $300!! I was over the moon........I told her my husband was in the waiting room and he would pay. So all in all, we were really happy with the service we received and the cost of the treatment. Absolute bargain.

They said I could eat after 40 minutes or so and I was hungry by now. We went back to the hotel and picked Kyle up and headed to Ihop top of International Drive. We really like it here, food is lovely and it`s ridiculously cheap.....some of my friends say I don`t eat in cheap places......but I can!!!

Kyle has already eaten breakfast and is not hungry, so he has an orange juice, I order plain pancakes and Tom orders the breakfast.......his pancakes are missing from the picture

i-24mtHxk-X2.jpg

i-W7KpQTX-X2.jpg

At this point I hadn`t smothered them in the delicious maple syrup yet.......they were lush....and nice and soft to eat with the newly cemented crown.

At this point we were headed to Mall at Millenia again, I was going to pick up a few things for my birthday......and a certain person now claimed to be "hungry"......hmmm. Wasn`t hungry in Ihop...............How happy does he look knowing he`s going to have his favorite dessert.......

i-Bc5ffLp-X2.jpg

So we went in with him this time and had a look at some of the cheesecakes, but we had no room for anything.....so Kyle ordered his usual and one of the girls yelled to him....."You`re back again"........I thought she meant from the other day.....but, no she remembered serving him loads of times last year.......it was so funny..........he said he would see her again too before we left........we went upstairs and sat while he demolished the whole thing.....his dad never got a look in this time......

Went to Macy`s and I got a couple of the Chubby lipsticks, some moisturisers and cleansers....all the usual things and some mascara. Not really a surprise birthday gift, but I wasn`t bothered......picked up a few things from Bath and Body and headed back to the hotel, we go outside and it`s raining. Drats.......we were meeting Todd at 4.30 so hoped it would be off by then. Get back up to room and rain does go off, but we have a chill in the room for a while.......we seem to be able to drop off at the drop of a hat at the moment, they lay down for "5 minutes" and I snap a few pictures of our view

i-4DfKBk3-X2.jpg

i-BJC85DF-X2.jpg

After a bit of a freshen up and some people who apparently were not sleeping woke up....we headed off for the boat. It was blazing hot again today but we were loving every second it.........we got a boat immediately and there was only 2 other people on it, and in 2 minutes we were in Citywalk. We went straight into Nascar and got a drink at the bar while looking out for Todd. Now, every year, especially at HHN`s.....Todd has always managed to somehow creep up on me and scare the bejeesus out of me.......usually with help from two who divert me from where he is......so I saw him and he was facing the other way from me.......so I ran......yes I ran and grabbed his ribs........he jumped :cool1: Don` t blame him mind you.......finally I got him. I amuse easily.

Went back in to Nascar and got a table and began catching up.......a year between visits just seems to disappear as we always have so much to talk about.....emails are not the same so we chat and laugh then order our food.
Kyle has his usual Teriyaki Chicken, Todd has a cheeseburger, Tom has Ribs and I order Boogity Shrimp and a portion of sweet potato fries........everything is gorgeous....except the shrimp........There was just no spicy sauce on it this time.....good portion of shrimp though, but the fries were gorgeous............

Me, with Metro West.......

i-HV3Zx5K-X2.jpg

i-kJvZ6cD-X2.jpg

i-mPMHbdq-X2.jpg

i-ZRb46wr-X2.jpg

i-FbBPBDP-X2.jpg

i-DXhgQ9Q-X2.jpg

So we pass away a few hours eating and chatting. Eventually we head out and have a wander around Citywalk for a while before Todd heads off to do some jobs.......we will be meeting up again on the first HHN which is just a week away now.........

We walk back to the hotel and head up to our room to get changed as we fancy another pool night tonight. It really is an amazing resort to relax around and we love every minute we spend there. So, all changed and we head down. It`s a bit busier tonight and we see 4 empty beds next to the pool and with a view of the screen. We put our towels down and tops, Kyle and Tom are sitting on them taking of their shoes, then this woman appears at my back and she has with her a husband and 2 littlish kids.......she marches up to me and says....."you have two beds and we`ll have two......ok"..........:eek: Eh no.........not ok I tell her....we are 3 adults and want a bed each........I point to some beds that are just round a bit......then she proceeds to tell me they want to see the movie.........I`m about to stop being so polite when her husband walks off and gets some other beds.....he looks kinda apologetically at us. I was amazed at the rudeness of her......the ironic thing was they all spent the rest of the night in the pool.....lol........

The water was warmer tonight so i did spend some time in the pool, Spiderman was the movie......and actually I had never seen it, so I enjoyed having such a good view of it from our beds. We ordered a couple of cocktails each......I had two of the very delicious Kraken`s and I can`t remember what Tom had, it was nice then he had a beer. Kyle didnt want anything but much later when we headed out he went to Jake`s and got himself one of their chocolate desserts again.......the girl who took the order was the same one as the night before and said she would have to try it for herself.......Kyle looked at her rather suspiciously sincerely hoping she didn`t mean his :rotfl:

i-sV5TjZ4-X2.jpg

Doesn`t look the nicest in that picture but my goodness does he enjoy it........I don`t know where he puts all the chocolate I really don`t. So we head upstairs and make a coffee before watching some tv and eventually falling asleep.

Tomorrow we finally get to the parks, meet up with friends and my birthday :wave2:

Last edited:
You look so happy! Must be that good food and company and that relatively inexpensive dental repair :)

I'm so jealous you guys can eat and drink all of that coffee and delicious chocolate desserts before bed...I would be up til the next morning doing this all night :yay: LOL

Thanks for another great update :thumbsup2

Love the view from your room...it looks similar to the one we had a few years ago.

Whatever will we do without NASCAR? It broke my heart to hear that it was closing... just when I developed an addiction to boogity shrimp :sad2:

The family at the pool reminded me of the one that sat in front of us on our movie night..just plain rude. When someone is trying to watch a movie you don't stand up in their view for half the movie even after being asked nicely to please move so we can see.

I can't wait to read your next installment.. it takes me back to my happy place :goodvibes

You look so happy! Must be that good food and company and that relatively inexpensive dental repair :)

I'm so jealous you guys can eat and drink all of that coffee and delicious chocolate desserts before bed...I would be up til the next morning doing this all night :yay: LOL

Lol......Tom and I shared a coffee or else I would be the same!! I don't usually have coffee before bed............yep Kyle seems to be able to eat chocolate just before he goes to bed and be ok.......not me......I'd be up all night with indigestion :)

Thanks for another great update :thumbsup2

Love the view from your room...it looks similar to the one we had a few years ago.

Whatever will we do without NASCAR? It broke my heart to hear that it was closing... just when I developed an addiction to boogity shrimp :sad2:

The family at the pool reminded me of the one that sat in front of us on our movie night..just plain rude. When someone is trying to watch a movie you don't stand up in their view for half the movie even after being asked nicely to please move so we can see.

I can't wait to read your next installment.. it takes me back to my happy place :goodvibes

Yep, we love that room......we now claim that as our room.......:thumbsup2

I know we love Nascar, just hope it's a good replacement......I'm sure it will be. Sad my last Boogity shrimp was not so good though.......I used to really enjoy that meal.

Aren't some people rude!! Why on earth were they standing up?? I hate the cinema and just won't go unless it's during the day and there are only around 3 other people in the cinema......and nowhere near me :rotfl:

Glad you're enjoying it Vicki :goodvibes

Thanks for the updates! Sorry about the crown. 300 dollars is a great price for that with a dentist that isn't your own!!!(at least is sounds like it to me)

Love the reviews and ideas for City Walk and RPR. Would love to go to the NASCAR place but is closed or will be by the time we go. Marguritaville is on my list of possibilities at City walk for a meal while we are there. Like the idea of the pool and a movie...depends on the weather and the movie.

Keep giving me ideas.:cool1::cool1: I can't wait to hear more so I can get more ideas. We know it will be outrageously busy while we are there so we know most of our time will be parks as we've never been to Universal before. I would like to explore our hotel a little and walk through City walk some but priorities are Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Seussville, I Love Lucy attraction(Moms says we get two days there only if she gets to go to I Love Lucy) Macy's Christmas Parade, Grinchmas and at least 2 roller coasters for Mom and ,I not including Gringotts. What time we have left we will use seeing other attractions. I think the express pass and being onsite will make a huge difference for us because of early entry and the express pass.

The comments about Mom and Lucy-Mom is almost 80 so she gets to do what she wants. If we get 2 days just by doing I love Lucy it is a first day priority!!:rotfl2:

Waiting for more!! Mom is liking your pictures.

DW and I noticed that Spiderman was playing that night and almost went down.

Great TR as always.

Great trip report, I'm really enjoying it! I think I'll go back & read some of your other TRs, too!

I think it's funny that the RPR pool was too cold! We have only visited in July and found the pool to be rather too warm--at least in the middle of the day. We never did any of the movie nights by the pool, though--that sounds so relaxing and fun!

We're headed to Universal next summer for a few days before we go to Disney...with only 4 days there (and being great fans of HP) I don't know if my teenagers will want to leave the parks to relax by the pool!

Thanks for the updates! Sorry about the crown. 300 dollars is a great price for that with a dentist that isn't your own!!!(at least is sounds like it to me)

Love the reviews and ideas for City Walk and RPR. Would love to go to the NASCAR place but is closed or will be by the time we go. Marguritaville is on my list of possibilities at City walk for a meal while we are there. Like the idea of the pool and a movie...depends on the weather and the movie.

Keep giving me ideas.:cool1::cool1: I can't wait to hear more so I can get more ideas. We know it will be outrageously busy while we are there so we know most of our time will be parks as we've never been to Universal before. I would like to explore our hotel a little and walk through City walk some but priorities are Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Seussville, I Love Lucy attraction(Moms says we get two days there only if she gets to go to I Love Lucy) Macy's Christmas Parade, Grinchmas and at least 2 roller coasters for Mom and ,I not including Gringotts. What time we have left we will use seeing other attractions. I think the express pass and being onsite will make a huge difference for us because of early entry and the express pass.

The comments about Mom and Lucy-Mom is almost 80 so she gets to do what she wants. If we get 2 days just by doing I love Lucy it is a first day priority!!:rotfl2:

Waiting for more!! Mom is liking your pictures.

Thank you for the nice comments.........you know, I have never been in the Lucy Tribute, maybe one day I'll pop in and see it.

I'm sure whatever they replace Nascar with will be good, but yep I'll miss it :)

DW and I noticed that Spiderman was playing that night and almost went down.

Great TR as always.

Glad you're enjoying it........our day up next :goodvibes

Great trip report, I'm really enjoying it! I think I'll go back & read some of your other TRs, too!

I think it's funny that the RPR pool was too cold! We have only visited in July and found the pool to be rather too warm--at least in the middle of the day. We never did any of the movie nights by the pool, though--that sounds so relaxing and fun!

We're headed to Universal next summer for a few days before we go to Disney...with only 4 days there (and being great fans of HP) I don't know if my teenagers will want to leave the parks to relax by the pool!

Thank you :goodvibes

We love sitting by the pool at night watching the movies......we don't have to worry about sunburn at night either.......we're more moonbathers than sunbathers :rotfl:

I hope you get the chance to have some pool time when you go :wave2:

Great news on the dental repair :banana: . I agree with the others, you got a great price from the dentist for that service. I can almost guarantee you that would have cost way more if done by MY local dentist :rolleyes2 . Heck, a regular cleaning here on "perfect teeth" is $165 alone.

Kyle's most recent chocolate creation looks DIVINE :worship: . Oh. My. Goodness.

You know, we have never been to Ihop.....not once! And we adore a hearty breakfast :confused: . Those pancakes look delish, so we may have to give it a try on this next trip.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Once again, I am loving your TR!

We have a Cheesecake Factory in Louisville and have gone a couple of times. We love it! We have an IHOP here and I always get their crepes! Love them! :) I have never tried their pancakes, I can't get past their crepes.. LOL! When we were in Orlando, we ate at Bahama Breeze and loved it! It was close to the resort we were staying at, so we stopped on the way back to our condo. I haven't tried Margaritaville, but there are several things on the menu that look delicious!

Great news on the dental repair :banana: . I agree with the others, you got a great price from the dentist for that service. I can almost guarantee you that would have cost way more if done by MY local dentist :rolleyes2 . Heck, a regular cleaning here on "perfect teeth" is $165 alone.

Kyle's most recent chocolate creation looks DIVINE :worship: . Oh. My. Goodness.

You know, we have never been to Ihop.....not once! And we adore a hearty breakfast :confused: . Those pancakes look delish, so we may have to give it a try on this next trip.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Yep, I have heard some real horror stories from some Brits who have been stung for a whole lot of money at some dentists, which is why we asked the hotel for a name of a reputable dentist.

I only went to Ihop for the first time a couple of years ago.....I wouldn`t go in as I thought it wasn`t a very nice place.....how wrong I was!!!! I had to admit to my husband I was wrong and he was right.....that`s never easy :lmao: It is cheap as chips and food is so good......the pancakes are lush.....next part coming up......I hope :thumbsup2

Once again, I am loving your TR!

We have a Cheesecake Factory in Louisville and have gone a couple of times. We love it! We have an IHOP here and I always get their crepes! Love them! :) I have never tried their pancakes, I can't get past their crepes.. LOL! When we were in Orlando, we ate at Bahama Breeze and loved it! It was close to the resort we were staying at, so we stopped on the way back to our condo. I haven't tried Margaritaville, but there are several things on the menu that look delicious!

Thanks Mrsabbott....glad you`re enjoying it :)

Saturday 13th Sept.......Happy Birthday to meeeeee :cheer2:

I was awake really.....really early this morning......two reasons.......it was my birthday......and secondly we were meeting up with The Bluers......someone else we were so looking forward to meeting up with. I knew from other people they were lovely people and a lot of fun so we were excited to meet up finally.

But first it was present time......as usual I wasn`t going to have a lot of presents as it was too much to bring some things over in luggage......but I had plenty. My main thing today was the Tiffany charm and chain....

i-mrVJpSh-X2.jpg

I had picked it so it wasn`t a surprise, but it`s always lovely to open that little box whatever is inside. I was over the moon with it. I also got some perfume, a scarf, earrings and my cards. I had also got a Marni handbag which I had coveted for a while, I already had one but had seen this new one a few weeks before we left and Tom had said just to order it....yay......can never have enough handbags :thumbsup2 he also said I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home.......I hate surprises when someone tells me about it.....I can`t stand to wait!!! But I would have to as they were not for telling me.........

Then after we were showered and dressed I called Mr Bluer`s room and we arranged to meet after breakfast near the boat dock......we didn`t know what they looked like....but they knew us, well I did know he was tall.....lol

So we went upstairs and had breakfast as usual, it was busier today in the lounge but we got a table by the window and had our usual breakfast. At home I would very rarely have continental meats and pastries for breakfast, and certainly not cinammon bun, so I was enjoying the weird mix, and as always the fruit selection is gorgeous and so fresh. Tummies filled we went back to room and put some sun screen on and wandered down to the boat dock. We were there just before the Bluers, who were minus little Bluer for this trip.........a few minutes later we saw the smiling face of Mr B.......I knew it was him immediately even though he was bounding towards us smiling.....he obviously recognised us.........so we made the introductions and began to walk down to the boat as we were there. But as there was no sign of a boat we began to walk.......another hot and beautiful day was ahead. And finally we were getting into the parks.........

I walked with Mrs Bluer and the boys walked behind and soon we were heading into The Studios........we had decided last night we couldn`t wait another day to see DA, and the Bluers were happy to do either park as they had seen DA before. But, we went in and we all did Despicable Me........we all love this ride......it`s so much fun to do.......I know we`ve done it a hundred times but everytime we see those Minions we just smile........we get straight on with EP.....most days we were so glad to have EP.......we just don`t want o have to queue...ever!! We came off and walked around to The Mummy which Mrs B didn`t do, so we all went on and it was so much fun.....it was good and fast this morning the way it feels sometimes late afternoon when it appears faster than the morning...or maybe that`s just my interpretation. When we came off Mrs B had little Bluer on her phone, so we got to see him and wave hi........very cute boy........

Then came the moment we had been waiting for.....Diagon Alley.

Having watched it progress over the last few years has been amazing. It`s truly hard to imagine how it used to be now, and I`m so glad we have plenty of pictures of old Amity and of course Jaws. But this is something else. We don`t have pictures of today as we just wanted to absorb every inch with our own eyes instead of through a lens. We do take pictures other days though.

The first thing we see is the Knight Bus parked outside DA......it is so cool to see, and of course it`s purple so I automatically love it.......we wander down to see the house elf pop his head through the curtain....we don`t have long to wait.......it`s a small touch but is so cool! Then we head back and enter DA.........as you walk through and hear the bricks "moving" you are immediately thrown in to the whole atmosphere and magic that is DA......then when you walk through and see it in front of you.....it really does take your breath away......especially gringotts in front of you......we were transfixed for a few minutes as we took in every color, every building and as much detail as our brain could absorb....it really is an assault on your senses walking into such amazing scenery.

i-3D5f6hH-X2.jpg

That image was from another day, but had to put one pic in for this morning........

We continued to wander around into every nook and cranny that was available to us, all the time talking and getting to know the Bluers better.....we could hear the HE above us at one point.......we were so looking forward to going on that. As we passed Gringotts....I think the queue was long so we didn`t do it, as Bluers had ridden it already many times and we still had 2 weeks ahead of us so we could do it when there was less of a queue. So spent some more time and we were getting more and more impressed with what we were seeing........we LOVED Knockturn Alley......I think it`s my favorite place in the whole area.......but then I`ve always liked the dark and mysterious side to things......but we were totally blown away by it all.

We were not spending the whole day with Bluers as they had plans for some pool time in the afternoon.....but we did want to go on the HE with them. I know I always enjoy seeing someone`s reaction to things for the first time and we wanted to go on with them........they knew how good it was!!

Walking in to King`s Cross was weird, it is realistic but thankfully misses the odour that some train stations have.......again, it is so well done and the air conditioning makes it feel as chilly as London can be......there is so much to take in and we fully plan to do this many times so we can see as much as we can. Love the way you disappear into platform 9 3/4.........Mad Hattered had shown us a video of Mrs MH walking through and it looked so cool......but today we just walked through without taking pics.
There wasn`t much of a queue so we were on in no time......but not before we saw it pull in, albeit backwards into the station, it`s still very impressive as you don`t see regular steam engines much in the UK any more, usually for events and such but everything has been electric for decades.....shame really as there is something very romantic and nostalgic about the bygone age of rail travel.

So we get in to our carriage....and I couldn`t believe how exactly the same as it was not only from the film but from the way I remember trains from the early to middle 1970`s......it was uncanny......the same material and the same old windows........But, we got settled and waited to set off.

Spectacular!!!!! It was so good.........and Bluer pointed out to us when to look away from the window and turn to the door and see what was happening outside of the door........it is so impressive and fun. Short though.....before we know it we`re arriving in Hogsmeade.....but we plan to do that journey a few times. It is a handy way to get from one park to another.........especially like today....it is boiling hot....not a complaint though.

We wander in and all go to the bathroom, when sadly it was time to part company with our new in the flesh friends (as opposed to just online friends) It was so lovely to meet up with them after such a long time, and again we could spent all day with them as we were having so much fun, but they were leaving next day and had some sun time by the pool planned for the afternoon, and we were just glad we had managed to finally meet up with them. So hugs and warm wishes were exchanged and we set off our seperate ways. Sounds strange but we missed them immediately......but i think then we went on Duelling Dragons then Kyle decided he was hungry. I have no desire to eat in The 3 Broomsticks so we head back to Mythos where it looks quite busy, but we get seated in 10 minutes......don`t mind waiting as it is so hot outside and as most will know Mythos can be freezing.

I order Pad Thai and a sprite, I also order a side salad, Tom orders burger and sprite and Kyle......Cheese pizza and V daiquiri.......it was all gorgeous except for a piece of cheese in the salad.......yuk......nastiest cheese I ever tried.....it was purple and white....ugh!!! But everything else was beautiful

i-dqpLQWr-X2.jpg

i-n3rgCSq-X2.jpg

i-XjSXBCv-X2.jpg

i-VTB9bQm-X2.jpg

We really enjoyed the food in Mythos....last year I though Confisco Grill Pad Thai was nicer but this year Mythos was better......I just wish it was spicier....but I do like really hot food. We did ask if they had any jalapenos, they didn`t but sent out a little dish with some mild chillies on it......they were nice but not hot. So after we had been fed, watered and cooled down we headed back into the glorious sunshine.....they were laughing I was going into lizard mode as it was so cool in Mythos......I did need some sunshine, as yes, I was frozen at this point. It became a joke years ago when Kyle decided I really was lizard like....when the sun came out I went straight outside and absorbed every ray of heat I could get....then when the sun disappeared....so did I.....back inside. I like heat :thumbsup2

We decided to get the HE back to Studios......that way we could see both runs and Kyle could get a chocolate ice cream from Ben & Jerry`s.........again there wasn`t much of a queue so we got on and shared the carriage with, well, they were a strange couple. Never smiled once nor did they look like they were having fun........opposite to our other journey. I find I can talk to anybody and I did try to make conversation.....but I got the message......we were very animated in our appreciation of the train journey and it is just as good on the way back as it was going.....you really have to do both journey`s on it. The dour couple never spoke a word to each other nor did they even glance at the view or when there was activity at the door. We were glad to be off to be honest. Anyway, we went back and did the Mummy and then Kyle got his ice cream, we just had water....think we had drank about a gallon today......

i-Z3qGq8G-X2.jpg

It never looks as big in pictures as what it really is.......It`s a big portion and sadly I never get a bit as I hate Chocolate ice cream too. Unless it`s white choc ice cream ::yes:: We sit in there for about 20 minutes before heading back out and deciding what to do next......We all feel the heat so we decide to go back to hotel. A few years ago on our first park day we spent just a bit too long in the blazing sun and we felt lousy that night, so we didn`t want to make the same mistake again as we had plans for later. So we walked out of the Studios where I saw this...........my nightmare man.......

i-bXVmTnX-X2.jpg

Everyone thinks it`s hilarious an imaginary man from a film made in 1978 could scare me so much.......but he does. Tom took this picture as I wouldn`t even look at it........I was so looking forward to finally doing HHN but I did have this nagging doubt that I would be too scared to go in the house. I would worry about that next week ::yes::

Coming up.......not quite the birthday meal I planned and some more surprises :goodvibes

Last edited:
I'm late, I'm late, your trip report is great (as usual)...as well as your birthday presents:thumbsup2

your DS really is quite the choc-o-holic;). The cheesecake factory & ihop are great haunts for him.

horrible to have dental issues while on vacation, so glad it worked out for you and that you didn't get taken to the cleaners. Is the crown still holding up?

We had such a great time with you guys that day. It's always nice to hang with wonderful people and now friends. Will be meeting next year and plan for more time.

I'm late, I'm late, your trip report is great (as usual)...as well as your birthday presents:thumbsup2

your DS really is quite the choc-o-holic;). The cheesecake factory & ihop are great haunts for him.

horrible to have dental issues while on vacation, so glad it worked out for you and that you didn't get taken to the cleaners. Is the crown still holding up?

Ok to be late......you had a note.....being poorly is a good reason :goodvibes He really is a Choc a holic......not so much at home or he'd be the size of a house, but just in Orlando........

Crown was brilliant on holiday....never felt so secure.......last couple of days funnily enough I think it's starting to wobble again......he did say it was temporary.......so will get appointment in next few weeks........I did look to get dental implants as one of my friends is getting them done, but because I have.......now don't laugh.......inappropriate gums.......I can't get it done.....I think my gums look normal :confused3 Tom was relieved I wasn't getting them after he found out the cost ::yes::

Hope you feeling bit better today :goodvibes

We had such a great time with you guys that day. It's always nice to hang with wonderful people and now friends. Will be meeting next year and plan for more time.

It was a fun day, we were all so glad we got to meet up, yep will definetley meet up again then.......Glad you are enjoying the trippie too :wave2:

If you're going to be termed 'inappropriate', it might as well be directed to your gums...I think:lmao:. Perhaps a bridge might help as to securing it, good luck to your dentist to figure it out. Implants (dental variety;)) just starting to be big in our area as so few insurance plans even partially cover them, but a few are starting.

Thank you for the recommendation of jakes. It pains me to say but the food was better than last two go-arounds at Emerils, steaks were good and pretzel rods even better than those at margaritaville.:thumbsup2

If you're going to be termed 'inappropriate', it might as well be directed to your gums...I think:lmao:. Perhaps a bridge might help as to securing it, good luck to your dentist to figure it out. Implants (dental variety;)) just starting to be big in our area as so few insurance plans even partially cover them, but a few are starting.

Thank you for the recommendation of jakes. It pains me to say but the food was better than last two go-arounds at Emerils, steaks were good and pretzel rods even better than those at margaritaville.:thumbsup2

Lol...........yes glad it was just the gums that were inappropriate.........:)

Glad you enjoyed Jake's.........we really love it in there......never had pretzel rods though. We were really disappointed in Emerils and won't be going back.......plenty of other choices around. Our waiter was determined I had to have some kind of banana dessert......I detest bananas and told him so.....he was convinced I would like it.......we got fed up and left without dessert.

But Jake's while not expensive is consistently good with food and service.......:thumbsup2

. We were really disappointed in Emerils and won't be going back.......plenty of other choices around. Our waiter was determined I had to have some kind of banana dessert......I detest bananas and told him so.....he was convinced I would like it.......we got fed up and left without dessert.

That's just annoying! I'm not sure why servers insist that you will like something you have told them you don't like. :confused3 I find this happens at more "upscale" restaurants. I like my steaks medium well and usually order my filets butterflied to get them cooked enough without becoming charcoal on the outside. I have had waiters at fancy restaurants insist that the steak does not need to be butterflied and then they bring me a rare un-butterflied steak! I'm an adult and I think I know what I like by now! The servers at Outback never argue with me about my steak and it is always delicious! Sorry you didn't get the dessert you wanted!

i'm ready to hear more, especially how you reacted to meeting Mr Myers........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter