18th Birthday ideas

peachypie

Earning My Ears
Hi! My daughter turns 18 on the second night of our 5 night cruise. I'm planning on the robe/non alcoholic gift when we arrive and I plan on changing her to "A" from "M" at midnight on her birthday.
Also, I am going to attempt to make Palo reservations for her birthday night.
Any other fun stuff that you could suggest I do?

Hi! My daughter turns 18 on the second night of our 5 night cruise. I'm planning on the robe/non alcoholic gift when we arrive and I plan on changing her to "A" from "M" at midnight on her birthday.
Also, I am going to attempt to make Palo reservations for her birthday night.
Any other fun stuff that you could suggest I do?

Get a birthday button at guest services. If she's a coffee drinker, spend a little time at Cove Cafe.

What a fun place to celebrate turning 18! You will love Palo! I think they also do brunch so if dinner is not an option, you can try for brunch. I would look into ordering a really cute custom tee shirt on Etsy for her to wear that day if she is into that kind of things. THe Rainforest room is really neat. THe showers are ok but I loved the hot tubs and heated lounge chairs and they have a big nice dressing room and showers so you dont have to get ready in your TINY cabin! That may have been my favorite part of the Rainforest section...LOL!

The CM that checks you in at the port should notice the birthday and give her a pin. My son's birthday was two weeks before our cruise and they gave him a pin.

Yes, Palo!!!
My kids were elated when they were able to go to Palo with us.

Happy Birthday to your daughter, the best place to celebrate a birthday, DISNEY CRUISE LINE!!!!

Hello, our daughter just turned 18 this Feb. on the Wonder. I can feel the excitement! I also brought 18 Birthday Banner ,18s that hang from ceiling, and I also ordered the birthday pkg in 2011 from the Dream lucky kid turned 11!I brought that as well!!! Made door decorations. On that particular cruise they had a Valentines pkg which had flowers, wine & chocolates ordered that as her birthday is Valentine's Day.I ordered from Etsy and had made her an Disney 18 B-day shirt, even added an anchor. Ordered her a b-day cake( so delicious) and she was SO excited to come with us to Palo!! Loved being in the adult only area to Relax quietly. Let your stateroom host know. Ours made her a birthday cake out of towels, it was trimmed with pink ribbon with a button and card! It was so pretty. Hope this helps. Have an amazing Birthday cruise!!!:bday: :o

Hello, our daughter just turned 18 this Feb. on the Wonder. I can feel the excitement! I also brought 18 Birthday Banner ,18s that hang from ceiling, and I also ordered the birthday pkg in 2011 from the Dream lucky kid turned 11!I brought that as well!!! Made door decorations. On that particular cruise they had a Valentines pkg which had flowers, wine & chocolates ordered that as her birthday is Valentine's Day.I ordered from Etsy and had made her an Disney 18 B-day shirt, even added an anchor. Ordered her a b-day cake( so delicious) and she was SO excited to come with us to Palo!! Loved being in the adult only area to Relax quietly. Let your stateroom host know. Ours made her a birthday cake out of towels, it was trimmed with pink ribbon with a button and card! It was so pretty. Hope this helps. Have an amazing Birthday cruise!!!:bday: :o

Thanks! Those are great ideas! I hadn't thought of the banner and door decorations!

What a fun place to celebrate turning 18! You will love Palo! I think they also do brunch so if dinner is not an option, you can try for brunch. I would look into ordering a really cute custom tee shirt on Etsy for her to wear that day if she is into that kind of things. THe Rainforest room is really neat. THe showers are ok but I loved the hot tubs and heated lounge chairs and they have a big nice dressing room and showers so you dont have to get ready in your TINY cabin! That may have been my favorite part of the Rainforest section...LOL!
Thanks!
Do the showers in the ladies room have privacy? I definitely want to take advantage of that if so.

My son will be turning 18 on our next voyage in the Bahamas! Super excited for that. Great ideas, but being a Male, I wonder if he would get a kick out of senses and palo? Definitely ordering a cake and room decoration package. We'll be in Castaway Cay on his actual day so I'll have to find creative ways to celebrate while on the island!

My son will be turning 18 on our next voyage in the Bahamas! Super excited for that. Great ideas, but being a Male, I wonder if he would get a kick out of senses and palo? Definitely ordering a cake and room decoration package. We'll be in Castaway Cay on his actual day so I'll have to find creative ways to celebrate while on the island!

Does he enjoy a good steak? Palo's filet is very good.

We took our daughter to Meridian on her 18th birthday. They made a big fuss about it and made her a special non-alcoholic drink-on the house! It was fun!

What happens when they turn 18 during the cruise? Can they continue to go to Vibe and other youth activities since they were already eligible at the start of the cruise or does that get revoked the minute they turn 18? I have many years until our boys will be in this situation but It will be very likely some day because we usually cruise during their birthday week. I was concerned because it seems to me there would be less for them to do as 18 yr olds than 17.

What happens when they turn 18 during the cruise? Can they continue to go to Vibe and other youth activities since they were already eligible at the start of the cruise or does that get revoked the minute they turn 18? I have many years until our boys will be in this situation but It will be very likely some day because we usually cruise during their birthday week. I was concerned because it seems to me there would be less for them to do as 18 yr olds than 17.

That is exactly what happens on an 18th birthday. No more Vibe, except during open house.

There is a program called the 1820 society when events are organized for people who have aged out of Vibe but are not yet 21.

Oh noooo....so true!

That is exactly what happens on an 18th birthday. No more Vibe, except during open house.

There is a program called the 1820 society when events are organized for people who have aged out of Vibe but are not yet 21.
I was so hoping they would let him finish off the last 2 days of our trip. He loves Vibe. Darn....I will call DCL to confirm. I don't know much about 1820 society. I guess I'll do my research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter