20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tkd lisa
Is it Yom Kippur? Don't hesitate to say no, but would you mind telling us the tradition behind the holiday?

I thought I heard Dr. Laura say once that Yom Kippur was "a day of attonement." One of the most important Jewish holiday if I remember correctly, but you're right, it doesn't get a big spotlight like Chanukah does. Beyond that, I'm ignorant about it.

One more sleep and then off to the World! DH will have to take over while we're gone. Just don't ask him about girl stuff, OK? Actually, he's not home yet and tonight we have a mini performance at DD's studio and then she has to rush over to scuba class. Nothing like last minute mayhem.

I might check in and report, depends on if our dial up works. Couldn't get it to work in Vegas, but maybe in Orlando.

Leslie, Alicia is working on pins right this minute, while watching cartoons. If we don't make it next Thursday, it's because no pins got in the backpack and we have nothing to trade. But if you see two ladies walking around asking tall ladies "are you Leslie?", that would be us! Alicia's hair currently looks like Hilary Duff's, she got it done today. No telling what it will look like by Thursday.

Yay! I'm almost packed and outta here!

Good evening everyone!
Diana...LOL first of all.. I am NOT tall...:teeth: Well.. I"m too tall to be Mickey... :( but I'm only 5'4 :) Look for the spikey red hair or my DH in his Indiana Jones hat...IF I can get him to come along. (usually bribery with dessert works):mickeybar: I have no idea what Hillary Duff looks like so that is no help to me....LOL I'll check out the photo gallery on Mary's site and see if I can remember what you look like by Thursday... :rolleyes:
I hope you can make it! It doesn't really matter if you don't have much to trade... Alicia can always go into the kids zone and it's always fun to chat and look at everyone elses pins .. I think more socializing goes on than actual trading anyway! :chat: I'll also be in line at Epcot Monday morning for the jumbo Olympic pin release! I'll miss Saturdays at MK and Sunday's at DPT... but at least there's hope for Monday. I can't believe they are realeasing the jumbo pins on the ONE weekend that I can't be there until late Sunday!! :crazy:
Have a safe trip!

Hi Everyone. Lisa I do not mind all all to explain the Jewish holidays. Rosh Hashanah is the start of the Jewish New Year.
Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement. They are the two most important Holy days of the year. We fast at sun down of Yom Kippur until sunset the next day. I use to spend the entire day praying on Yom Kippur at the temple where my family worshiped. I also use to fast before sunset on Yom Kippur eve until sunset the evening of Yom Kippur. It gets harder for me to fast since we had children. I hope to spend more time at the temple when the children get older. We are looking into joining a temple near our home in the next year. OhioMinnie was correct about Yom Kippur. Our public school district is closed on these days if it falls during the week. Most public school districts are closed on Long Island for these two high holidays if they fall during school week.

DS is feeling much better thank you for the good wishes.

Work was uneventful.

Talk to you all later after the children are asleep. I am going to try to go onto chat tonight.
Gail

It's pretty quiet here with everyone at WDW. I just thought I would stop in and say "hi" and keep us from sinking down too far!

Paul

Good morning everyone. Happy Saturday.

Very cool and will be beautiful in NY today. Feels like fall weather.

Have a great day everyone.

So quiet on the board with a lot of you all in WDW.

Gail

dclmoving.gif
Good morning Cruisers!
We sail in 19 weeks!
dclmoving.gif

Happy Saturday!

Stacey - forgive me - I forgot to do the good night last night. I was in chat and then just turned off the computer when I was through. :(

Hope everyone at WDW is having a good time.

Should be a pretty quiet weekend for us. It is parents night at the zoo (for those who have adopted an animal) and we are going. Other than that just the usual grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc.

Have a great day everyone!

picked up Maggie last night. I can honestly say I've got buyer's remorse. ;) She didn't just wimper all night. She BARKED all night. Of course, NOW she is sleeping. I know it will get better.....won't it? :hyper:

OhioMinnie, It will get better. When we picked up Harmony (Yellow Lab) from the breeder she was with my in laws for two weeks as we were in the process of moving. She was SO GOOD for them. Harmony NEVER barked or winned for 2 weeks. The night we bring her home all H... broke loose. She was a nut job for months. She will be 9 Thanksgiving and I can honestly say she is finally settling down. As for the barking it settled down after a few weeks and she got use to the house. We crated her for 7 months until she was fully trained. She was out when we were home. When I was pregnant with Emily, I had gone preterm at 26 weeks and I was admiited to the hospital for a month. DH forgot to put her in the cage one night when he came to visit me and she ripped our new sectional apart. I thought DH would learn his lesson. Well when I came home from the hosptial a second time I went preterm at 32 weeks I saw a sheet covering the sectional and I went over and took a peak and she ripped it again in a different place. DH forgot to put her in the cage again and she also got a hold of my very expensive work shoes. Boy was I mad!!!!! We sprayed sour apple on it. That did not bother Harmony. Well we still have the couch it was fixed and Harmony sleeps on the side where she ripped it. We love her very, very much but I would not go through this again. She is awesome with babies and children. I can not imagine life without her. All dogs are different and I am sure once Maggie gets use to her enviorment she will settle down. She must be so excitied to play with you all. Mabye she was up at night at the breeders home. It is sord of like a newborn coming home and their times are all messed up.

When I was growing up we had a Toy Fox Terrier and he was also such a nut. But I missed him so when he passed away at 15 years old. I was away at college and it was so strange to come home and he was gone. His name was Snoopy. After the peanuts series.

Door bell-have to run. Talk to you later-Gail

For those of us who celebrate Christmas there is a thread on the main cruise page talking about the decorations etc. on the ship. One girl has a lot of photos from her Wonder cruise last year and they are great.

Here is a link December crusing - Christmas Decor and more

Morning everyone. Gail, thanks for the information. It's always neat to learn something new.

Minnie, good luck with the new puppy. It's been almost 15 years since we had a new puppy in the house. I seem to remember him settling down after a couple of days. We also used the bitter apple to discourage him chewing what we wanted kept safe. It worked pretty well for us. We crate trained too. He was fine outside the crate by the time he was about a year though. His "kennel" was primarily for when he did something wrong after that (kind of like a time out). I really do miss having a good dog. DS turned out to be asthmatically allergic to the dog, so we had to place him with another family.

Nothing much exciting here today. DD is supposed to come back from camp around 6 tonight. She called yesterday and told DH she was having a great time. Apparently they sell candy in the trading post, because she was talking about all the pixie sticks she had eaten (just what that kid needed, a sugar high!) DH deserved an upbeat call home from camp after being on the receiving end for all DS's tearful ones!

Doc and Mary, it was nice chatting with you last night. When it gets closer to the cruise, we'll have to pick a time for us all to go into one of the chat rooms and just bubble over with enthusiasm!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Lisa

Mary - Thanks for the link to the Christmas pictures. Can't wait to see everything decorated in person!

Paul

Thanks all for the encouragement with the puppy. Maybe it's puppies, but this thing has slept a good part of the day! Next time she wakes up she is STAYING up until bedtime whether she likes it or not!!! :bounce:

ohiomickey is on his way to Canada to fish. I know HE will be getting a good night's sleep tonight!

:wave: Hello from the 'World' everyone. We all have had a good time. Have had a lot of good food and good conversation. Well those of us that actually arrived here when we were supposed to - but I'll leave story for Stacey to tell :earseek: :teeth: .
Just wanted to let you know that we are all having a good time. Gotta get ready to meet everyone for dinner at Rose & Crown in a couple of hours.
take care,

:wave:
Good Evening Everyone!

Any last minute messages for the gang at WDW? We'll be leaving around 8 tomorrow morning. DH doesn't know why we need to leave so early (it's a 2 1/2 hr drive). I said why wait? Anyway, we'll be meeting the rest at PI tomorrow evening, can't wait to put faces to names.
Cindy

Hi folks!

It's been quite a long time since I been on this thread! We are still looking forward to joining all of you this December and since it is our next scheduled vacation the anticipation is growning.

From the looks of the pages (538!) you all have been very busy. I haven't had time to read all of this but if there is anything really important I need to know please let me know.

I'll try and stay more active in keep up with this thread. Cheers!

Goofydadeo

Hi folks!

It's been quite a long time since I been on this thread! We are still looking forward to joining all of you this December and since it is our next scheduled vacation the anticipation is growning.

From the looks of the pages (538!) you all have been very busy. I haven't had time to read all of this but if there is anything really important I need to know please let me know.

I'll try and stay more active in keep up with this thread. Cheers!

Goofydadeo

It is very, very difficult to catch up after 1 week away from the computer.

My apologies to everyone whos posts I missed.

My family is back from Cedar Point............the rollercoaster junkees were right, "Top Thrill Dragster" and "Millenium Force" were awesome.

I can't wait until my youngest is a little older, he still is a llittle too young for the extreme rides there.

The new website from " Tinksdad" is very informative............THANKYOU...........much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter