20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Happy Monday.

OhioMinnie, I am glad to hear that you finally got some sleep. You are so good to set your clock in the middle of the night, get up and take her out. I do not think I could do this again for another dog. I love animals but I love my sleep too.

I am on my way out to run errans on this beaufiul day!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.-Gail

Happy Monday All!!

We had a beautiful, sunny , cool weekend. Got some yardwork done. Dh and I went out alone to dinner Friday night for our anniversary. We seldom do that and really enjoyed the evening.

DD is at her pottery camp again this week. Her big project is a tile mirror. She reallly enjoys this stuff.
On the other hand DS is bored. He had his soccer camp last week and most of his friends are out of town on vacation. I can't ever seem to have them both happy at the same time!

Bought my airfare to Florida for October, so I am definately going!! I just love Food and wine fest! Anyobody else going please let me know.

Off to walk. Have a great day!!

I see it's pretty quiet here on this thread again today. I'm home from work (finally) and getting ready to do my exercising for the day. Hopefully someone will be posting this evening!

Paul

:wizard: Sweet Dreams Cruisers!:wizard:

It's been a bad work day so I'm off to bed!

We really need some help. This is my 2nd goodnight on the same page. :D

Sorry you had a bad day Mary.

I'm trying to keep the thread at the top of the page. I don't know why no one else will come out to play!

Paul

:wave: Hi Guys!! Just got in a little bit ago.

First I want to say that I am sooooo sorry that you ALL couldn't have been at WDW this weekend. One thing for sure, we have an amazing group of cruisers, and once we all finally get together, it will be even more amazing.

We had a great time, laughed alot, ate an awful lot, and drank more than I intended to.

It was hot, muggy, and rained....but Megan & I didn't let that stop us. We had so much fun together, I had almost forgotten how enjoyable she is as a "person", as opposed to just a daughter....did that make sense??

Anyway, it's good to be home....and even though it was about 104 when we got here, it's true what we say about it being a dry heat...much more tolerable than the humidity. But at least now I remember what rain is!

Will post tomorrow a few of the details of meeting everyone...and I'll be sending you an e-mail, Mary, with as much as I can remember of the "meetings".

Megan and I both would get up every morning, look over at the castle, and say to eachother "I can't believe we are really here". I'm so glad we went.

And glad we made it, since we missed our flight out. You look forward to something for sooo long, how can you possibly miss the flight? Well, you know me! Will tell about it tomorrow. I'm still on "East Coast Time", and after being up until 2:30 last night, I really need to crash.

Will catch up on here tomorrow, too.....almost 90 posts...that'll keep me busy.

Good night!
Stacey

TERRIFIC TUESDAY MORNING TO ALL OF THE HOLIDAY CRUISERS!!!

Originally posted by paulcrsb

Lynda - Does Cash like his costumes or do you think he feels a little silly?

Hi Paul
Well, I didn't get a negative response from him at Thanksgiving...We went as Little Bo Peep and her lamb...One of the ladies at the Senior Center stitched together the body part of Cash's lamb costume and another fashioned the hat/ears part...He looked bored. I think it comes from his having to wear all sorts of packs and harnesses every day. The thing that really bothers him is wearing his leather booties but I decided that it was a small price to pay to protect his feet from the acres of scortching hot WDW pavement.

Good Morning everyone. Happy Tuesday to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey, Welcome back. We are all looking forward to hearing about the trip. Sorry you missed your flight.

OhioMinnie, I hope Maggie is adjusting and sleeping better.

I am up so early this am due to DH cell pone ringing at 5:30am!!!!!!!!!

Well I am off to take a shower and start my day. I am taking DD to work with me this afternoon as she does not feel like going to camp today.

As for Hershey I am hoping that we can come. We also want to do Dutch Wonderland as it has a lot of rides for children under ten. They are also having book charectors that weekend at DW and I think an author from children's books as well. Thomas the Train is also in Strassberg, PA that weekend and DS loves him!!!! Are you all getting together for dinner on Saturday night or just meeting at Hershey??? If we leave NY it will not be till sometime on Friday afternoon and we will be coming back on Sunday. Let me know what your plans will be.

Have a great day everyone. Gail

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Gail - got your pm and replied. Not sure about Hershey plans yet - we'll have to start talking about that here on the thread!

Stacey - welcome back - we missed you! Glad to hear you had a great time. Sorry it got off to a bad start with a missed flight.

I'm really hoping today is better at work, but then it just about has to be.

Speaking of work I need to leave soon so off to read the rest of the boards!

Catch you all later.

Stacey - can't wait to hear about the trip!

Morning all! Mary, sorry about the bad day at work. I've had a few of them lately myself. Good thing it pays the bills, isn't it!

We've been blessed with beautiful weather the last few days. It's been sunny and relatively cool (under 90). Our office picnic is tomorrow, so I'm picking up the kids for a family day. They have set up time in our V-22 simulator to let the kids "fly" the aircraft. DS is really looking forward to that! DD just wants to throw balls at the dunk tank. Of course, what she really wants to do is sit on the platform and get dunked instead! I'm hoping the weather holds out for one more day and we don't get rain.

Stacey, welcome back! Sorry about the weather, but that's Orlando in August. It can really wilt you though.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Lisa

Welcome Back Stacey!

OM - Hope that you're getting your rest!

I couldn't sign on to the thread last night. I was going to post - and it wouldn't load the page - it was keeping me out... Thought you all might have kicked me off.... I could go to the other threads - saw that Verandahman had to back off the Repo cruise - really sorry to hear that.... They are really dropping off the August Repo cruise..... I hope that doesn't happen to us... (Unless of course it's a Cat. 3 that opens....JK...:rotfl: )

Back to work dayshift..... - No more nights this month.... of course one of my docs just gave me her 90 day notice.... so that means it's going to be tight starting in Nov.....She's a decent doc - but the medical staff doesn't like her - so her leaving will make my job easier as director - but harder due to the scheduling....

Be Back Later!

Virgil
pirate:

Mary, sorry about your bad day at work. Unfortunately it's always hard to leave work stuff at work. :(

As for Maggie....as far as I know she slept a little better last night. We crated her and then got ready for bed. By the time we were laying down she had settled a bit. Several times last night I woke up for no apparent reason and sometimes she was barking and sometimes she wasn't. Luckily, she's far enough away, and the fan is loud enough, that I can hear her, but am not bothered by it and I fall back asleep. She seems to be adjusting well, eating well, and learning "come" and "sit" very well.

Virgil, will you be able to hire someone to replace that doc soon?

Stacey, welcome home! :)

Off to start school....

Keeping us up towards the top of the page, so Stace can find us to tell all the WDW stories!

Mary, I thought about your question as to who you would like to be cruising with. As far as living family, I'm just really hoping the in-laws will still be coming. I truly love them both, they are just really nice people who have never been treated as well as they should! But if I could take anyone else, living or dead, I think I would like to take my maternal grandmother. She's been gone about 5 years now. She was just always full of life. I spent a lot of time with her and my grandpa growing up (Mom worked every other weekend, and the parents were divorced, so I stayed with Gma and Gpa then), and I gained a lot of my outlook on life from her. It does seem strange that my mom is so bitter about things, since her mom was able to take anything that came her way, and still share a good belly laugh. My Grandpa was a homebody. I took many short weekend trips with them, and if we were gone more than 2 nights, he'd start blustering that it was time to go home. So Grandma never got to see very much of the world. I think she would have loved a Disney cruise.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Hi everyone!
Just a really quick good morning and then I have to start unpacking. Already went through all the mail.

Missing the plane only set us back about 3 hours, but luckily Megan was with me...she just kept saying "It's okay..no big deal. We're still going, and that's all that matters" Her mother raised her well!

I still haven't read all your posts to catch up. That will probably have to wait until late this afternoon.

Those of you meeting in Hershey Park are going to have so much fun! It is the neatest thing to meet each other before the cruise.
Do people on other cruises do this also?? I don't remember anyone doing it on our cruise in September.

Anyway...it's good to be home. But I could go back in a heartbeat!

Have a great day.....

Stacey

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Just checking in to say hello.

Virgil- We are hoping to switch to a mid-ship suite, so you can have ours!! Hopefully somethings will open up at the 60 day mark when final payment is due. We are all paid , so hope that helps.

Welcome back Stacey, glad to hear you had a great time in Florida! Look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

What a difference a day makes!

Ok so you all know I had a bad day yesterday. Well that is all behind me now!

First I solved our airfare problems. Trying to get a flight to and from the cruise and they wanted $1900 for the two of us to fly coach on the days we wanted! Yikes!

I was able to get the 29th off to fly home on (I have the vacation days but my boss had that day off). So we're spending the night of the 28th at Beach Club in a studio and I get to go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I come home for lunch and find my ladies DVC watch came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah - work wasn't too bad either.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone - they helped!

Today was our big day, we booked our first shore excursion for our DC. Decided on jet ski tour in Key West. Reservation is all made with Island Water Sports at 1:30. Time for lunch before and an nap afterwards. The important things to get done while in Key West.

Once we start booking excursions, we know it is going to happen.

Needed some excitement to get over having the kids start back to school yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter