2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:love: Happy Anniversary Coleen & Steve! :love:

IleneF said:
Question about the photo/mat with signatures..where would you leave it? The post referred to suggested they left it somewhere and picked it up later :confused3

Tonight is Gilmore Girls and start to pack night :thumbsup2
You leave any items to be signed at Guest Services and pick it up the last night of the cruise.

alikat99 said:
Madison has gotten sick on both cruises that she's been on. Karen can attest to that, because we called her cabin with Madison's hacking cough.

Both times, it's been pretty minor and they've been fine.
I wouldn't mind so much if it's something minor. It's the
puke.gif
all over me (several times) and into the suitcase just as I'm about to close it that I don't want to see again. Poor little guy started puking the day before we came home - totally blew our last hurrah plans - and continued until just before we left. We called the front desk to ask about later checkout but they said they couldn't accommodate and if Mousekeeping came by we'd need to vacate. So we locked the door and avoided any knocks until we were all cleaned up and ready to go. (The suitcase part happened about 10:30am with checkout at 11. :()

cgcw said:
Ilene, Sharpie Markers are better for a pillowcase, that might be the same case with the photo mats. :rainbow:

They come in a rainbow of colors which makes items look really neat with the variety.
I posted this on another thread, so I'll post it here, since there's been discussion about the signatures. Guest services has a supply of Sharpies in all kinds of colors, so you don't need to travel with them, unless you have a specification on color.

We didn't bring any on our Valentine's cruise, and GS signed the girls' pink shirts in red Sharpie and they turned out AWESOME!!!

alikat99 said:
I posted this on another thread, so I'll post it here, since there's been discussion about the signatures. Guest services has a supply of Sharpies in all kinds of colors, so you don't need to travel with them, unless you have a specification on color.

We didn't bring any on our Valentine's cruise, and GS signed the girls' pink shirts in red Sharpie and they turned out AWESOME!!!
Those shirts sound so fun. How do you keep the ink from fading when you wash the shirts (or pillowcases) though?

RRBB said:
I wouldn't mind so much if it's something minor. It's the
puke.gif
all over me (several times) and into the suitcase just as I'm about to close it that I don't want to see again. Poor little guy started puking the day before we came home - totally blew our last hurrah plans - and continued until just before we left. We called the front desk to ask about later checkout but they said they couldn't accommodate and if Mousekeeping came by we'd need to vacate. So we locked the door and avoided any knocks until we were all cleaned up and ready to go. (The suitcase part happened about 10:30am with checkout at 11. :()
Oh, I know what you mean about that! We had that issue with Emily a few times on our trips to WDW. Then, we realized that she gets car sick. There was more than one occasion that she would get sick right as we were pulling into the MK parking lot. What a nightmare!!! But, thankfully, she's grown out of it.

RRBB said:
Those shirts sound so fun. How do you keep the ink from fading when you wash the shirts (or pillowcases) though?
Emily has a pillowcase from 2003 that has plain black Sharpie signatures and it has faded a tad, but not much at all. And, I wash it weekly, so they really do stay well. Now, I did wash all the pillowcases before they were signed, and when we got home, I tossed them in the hot dryer for a while to heat set it all.

On the Repo Cruise last year, I had bought a pair of Mickey Hands for the Sailaway Party. The CM at the store had made a wonderful suggestion, Have them Signed!

I put them into a Ziploc, wrote my name and cabin # and gave them to guest services. They turned out Great! They sit on my bookcase, fingers intertwined.

j

alikat99 said:
Emily has a pillowcase from 2003 that has plain black Sharpie signatures and it has faded a tad, but not much at all. And, I wash it weekly, so they really do stay well. Now, I did wash all the pillowcases before they were signed, and when we got home, I tossed them in the hot dryer for a while to heat set it all.
Thanks. :thumbsup2

OK, I'm all caught up again!

Since everyone was talking about being sick, which one of you got me sick? :sick: I'm pretty close to death right about now I think. Send flowers!:rotfl2: No seriously, I just hope the girls don't get this, but everyone is sick around here. I'm just hoping it runs it's course and it's outta this house within the next 24 days!!:cool1:

iluvdisney said:
Happy Anniversary Steve and Coleen

Happy Birthday Matt

Congrats on all the milestones posts everyone! :cheer2:

You've all been so chatty - I had a lot of reading to do this morning. I'm thinking this is going to be more like a reunion than a meet! But, all in all, it will be so much fun to see everyone again! Time is flying by fast. :cheer2:

Yeah, what she said! I'm still catching up on 5 pages, and I last read at 8:30 last night. Congrats and Happy Events to all! Chris

chipscinderelly said:
Thanks Robin! LOL I should have gone at lunch but we thought that by 3 there would still be some left - sillly of us. I'm hoping we find one, if not it's not meant to be!

Julie...I am keeping an eye for you also...Tim(DBF) works at Costco as a manager, and is anxiously awaiting Elmo's arrival. Their distribution center has 2250 of them, but they have not set a shipping date...I'm hoping before the cruise...I will try to get one for you if it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter