2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

I never knew it was called Harris Ranch. I've always called it the slaughterhouse I-5. You can smell it from miles away in either direction. Dusty, smelly, nasty. Better you than me. :lmao:

Have a safe drive from Roseville, you'll arrive around 3 pm? See you either tomorrow or Saturday!

Yeah...nasty Harris Ranch. We have learned where we need to turn off the AC so it doesn't suck in the smell! Oh, and we learned the hard way to make sure you don't have to stop for gas anywhere near there! Even if you are far enough away that you can't smell it...the flies are horrible. HUGE, nasty flies that get in the car and hide. Then miles down the road, they come out to harass you! Serious...no joke!

I will be at Jamba tomorrow night! We have to go pick up race packets too! See you there!

Good Morning All from DL and the GC:)

Long but quick 6 1/2 hr drive. Sitting in room and watch Jay Leno. By the time we got here parks and ESPN Zone closed so in room relaxing. Have crazy story about trying to get our rental car for the drive down. See some of you tomorrow. We will be sporting my Media credentials I got from Disney. My website obviously has been noticed. Have to see where they get us into:rolleyes1

Robert & Linda,

Nice that you got press credentials:thumbsup2 . Hopefully that means you'll get some extra freebies or service, behind the scenes tour, access to the hospitality room or tent for refreshments.

Whew! Just finished packing and I'll be heading to bed shortly - it's up at 3:30AM to get to the airport, and we'll be in CA mid-morning! I can't wait...see ya REAL soon!!

Whoooo hooo, See you there Pat & Jim. I should be at our hotel by 9:30-10:00 am. Hit CA Adventure for the Character photo, then to the EXPO for packet pick up.

I printed my boarding pass, and head to the airport in another 3 hours and 40 minutes. 10:10 pm Hawaiian time flight. Looks like I have 3 seats across to sleep the whole way!!!

Dinner at home, and spend time with the girls before I leave.

I need to double check everything I packed. I also gotta weigh my suitcase, to make sure it's under 50 lbs. I have lots of giveaways for the WISH meets, so get there early. Shhhhhhhhh, it's a secret to those not reading the thread posts.

I'm almost all packed, leaving in the morning...is it wrong that I'm taking FIVE pairs of shoes for a 4 day trip??????????

I'm here!!!!! I'm in California!!!! It's 1:27am for me, but what the hey????

I'm here and visiting with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. Tomorrow my Cousin will take me around and drop me off at expo when it opens and then off we go to sight see (or me sight see - it's late!!)

Flight from FLL to Long Beach on Jet Blue was good and left on time and arrived on time!! A bit of bumpiness over Texas and Mexico, but not bad.

Take care and I'll post more later,
Cali Tracy

Go to bed Racey Tracy.

I'm 30 minutes out from getting on my flight. Honolulu airport was pretty crowded with people flying back to the mainland.

See you all tomorrow, we'll today technically speaking.

Thanks to you and Escape for the offers. I will look for the WISH shirts. I bought a lime green shirt, but it didn't fit right so I will be in a blue Nike shirt.

Suzie/Escape and I ran into each other on the corner of Katella and Harbor last night (right in between our respective hotels)! I was exhausted (it was about 1 a.m. NY time), my 13-yr old was about to doze off on his feet, but my 10 year old was still wide awake and rarin' to go... and despite just getting in after getting into SoCal, Suzie was looking pretty perky (she came running down the street when she saw the WISH shirt. :thumbsup2 so yeah, with her to set the tome, we will be the party in the corral! :cool1:

Hope to see you all tonite (if the kids don't crash before then...I mean, he's got to sleep sometime, right????)

Weather.com hourly forecast for race day:

6am Partly Cloudy
66°F
66°F 10% 64°F 93% From SE 4 mph

Sunrise 6:25 am

7am Mostly Sunny
65°F
65°F 10% 64°F 97% From SE 4 mph

8am Mostly Sunny
66°F

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! :woohoo:

Can't wait to meet up with Susie and Pat at the party at the CCI!!! I don't know what time I'll be in tonight. BUt I know some of us are going over to cheer for the race in the morning. I have my cell, so I'll look for you all when I get to the hotel tonight.

In case anyone wants to see a few pictures I took while on my journey from FL to CALI!!.

Slideshow

Weather.com hourly forecast for race day:

6am Partly Cloudy
66°F

Sunrise 6:25 am

7am Mostly Sunny
65°F
65°F 10% 64°F 97% From SE 4 mph

8am Mostly Sunny
66°F

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! :woohoo:

This morning much warmer and fog gone earlier. It was very warm/hot on our GC balcony between 9 & 9:30(time like Linda will be finishing). If fog hangs it it will be great but if not....

Day 3 here at GC & DL. Heading to expo soon to get good spot in line:) Look for obnoxiously bright orange shirts:thumbsup2

Chat later.

Aloha!

I spotted Robert & Linda, Susie & her husband, Lexifern, GoofyinOhio, and Pat all at the expo. Lines were sort of long, and people were getting irritated for how things were set up. Oh well, can't please everyone.

The Coast to Coast medal!!! Don't you WISH you came to the race now??? :lmao:

DSCN4268.jpg

Mushu and me on the River Rapids.

DSCN4255.jpg

Now off to the WISH meet at Jamba Juice. TTFN

It's early Saturday morning here in CA 5:40am - for me it's really 8:40 am.
Got to the hotel last night and meet Susie and Pat!! Planning on heading over this morning to scream team the other WISHers!!!
head out about 6:15.

Here is the crowd getting shirts at the expo. I do agree that the set up was not all that wonderful. Packet pickup was at the very end on the hall when you walked in and then to get your shirt and goody bag you had to go back to the fron where you walked in and then back to the middle area for the booths!!

IMG_2809.jpg

FInally got the situation cleared up with my coast to coast medal.
DLH1.jpg

Went around LA and Hollywood today and had a good time with my Aunt.

DLH2.jpg
2323232327Ffp432523Enu3D32353E3B923.jpg

2323232327Ffp432473Enu3D32353E3B923.jpg

Have a good day everyone!!

Cali Tracy

I'm back home now. I did it!!! Completed my first 5k!

Sorry I missed meeting a bunch of you - lost track of time in World of Disney Fri and before I knew it, it was 7:45 pm. After the 5k, DH was anxious to get back to hotel and hit the road so I didn't get to come over and introduce myself to those of you at the exit from CA (that last turn) - saw the lime green shirts, though! (Jeff, I think we were walking behind you Fri. evening, leaving DTD.) Thanks for the cheering, it was incredible.

DH was great at being a pace setter; he had us doing a better-than-15-minute-mile pace. I walked the whole way, except to jog to catch up to DH. It was so awesome, I'm thinking about doing it next year!

WISH meets

DSCN4283.jpg

DSCN4488.jpg

5K Saturday

DSCN4309.jpg

Caseydilla
DSCN4319.jpg

Linda and Robert of Disneyrunning.com
DSCN4336.jpg

Mushu
DSCN4411.jpg

Jeff
FSCN4448.jpg

Wendy & son (they're so fast, they're blurry!)
DSCN4420.jpg

5K post race

Susie, Tracy, Chester, Pat, Jeff
DSCN4452.jpg

Linda, Robert, Lynn, Scott
DSCN4451.jpg

Michelle & Marcia
DSCN4444.jpg

Scream Team
DSCN4431.jpg

Quick run by...

I completed the half in 2:02.17. I just missed my PR by about two minutes. Thunder Matt and I started together, and he blew by me around mile 11 to the finish. I just couldn't match his pace at the end.

I didn't take a lot of photos during the race, just a couple before and after. So there isn't a mile by mile photo essay this year.

All the WISH team had a great time. Some had to rush off soon after the race ended, some heading back home already. Others just wanted to get out of the heat and humidity.

It was overcast and cool for most of the race. About the 3 hour mark, the sun broke through, and made it pretty hot. Unfortunately I did see a few people passed out, and even one lady taken away by ambulance just outside the esplanade near Harbor Blvd.

Had a great time, and I'll be back later with a few photos.

Farewell to all the WISH team, Disneyrunning.com, and Disney Dead members. It was great meeting you all, and please have safe travels back to your homes. Especially those of you who live between Texas and Florida. I hope you're all spared from the hurricane's path.

Just to post some photos from the 5K.....

2008DLhalf47.jpg

Wendy, Michelle and Wendy's Grandson

2008DLhalf54.jpg

Jeff and Marcia running by....

2008DLhalf58.jpg
2008DLhalf60.jpg

2008DLhalf59.jpg
2008DLhalf61.jpg

2008DLhalf63.jpg

Post race photos....
2008DLhalf62.jpg
2008DLhalf64.jpg

I had a great time scream teaming with Susie and Pat!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter