2010 news from the Magic

Sorry, I thought you had done the TA last year.

One thing I was looking at was BA to Barcelona and then back from MCO. Not sure if that would count as multi city or 2 singles.

Check Aer Lingus. Their one way rates are good.

Jodie

Hi Guys............we are hoping to book the 11 night med cruise but would love to hear from anyone who did the med cruise with kids last time, how was it? Did they have 'kid friendly excursions'? My son will be 8 yrs old and has loved the bahamas and caribbean cruises but this is a bit different!
Also, would specifically love to know about the trips in Rome and what you would and wouldn't recommend! ;)
Thanks so much in advance guys!
Debsxx:lovestruc

Hi Guys............we are hoping to book the 11 night med cruise but would love to hear from anyone who did the med cruise with kids last time, how was it? Did they have 'kid friendly excursions'? My son will be 8 yrs old and has loved the Bahamas and Caribbean cruises but this is a bit different!
Also, would specifically love to know about the trips in Rome and what you would and wouldn't recommend! ;)
Thanks so much in advance guys!
Debsxx:lovestruc

My kids were 11 and 9 in the Med on the 11 night and really enjoyed it, its very educational and great for kids of a school age to take on the history.

My kids loved the 'action' things so climbing the leaning tower of Pisa, walking around Pompeii were highlights, whilst the adults loved the Vatican in Rome my kids loved the Colliseum.

I did many private tour and for people with kids I would encourage this, you set your own pace and schedule you can leave early or stay late at places and edit the trip to yourself we had private guides who brought everything to life for us and the kids keeping their interest, the Vatican is a place I consider we guide was invaluable getting us in two hours before he official open time and jumping the long queue.

Pompeii do hire a guide if going by yourself.

I will list below the people I used, DCL had a few kid friendly trips the one I remember was at a port you are not going to, it was an art one.

DCL provided a kids journal where they added a booklet each day on the port and place we were visiting a great touch.

Naples (Pompeii)

• I used www.limoinrome.com/home.htm Claudio Caponera , Fabrizio

ROME Train station is close to the port

The main train station in Rome is Termini. From there, take the underground (Metropolitana):

Colosseum: take Line (Linea) B to the Colosseo station. The Colosseum is across the street.

Vatican: take Line A to the Ottaviano station. It's a 15-20 minute walk.

I would recommend anyone wanting to go to the vatician to book a private tour with an official tour guide who can get you in before the opening time of 10am.

The queues are long but you jump this I was in at 8.AM.

Civitavecchia (Rome)

www.limoinrome.com/home.htm Claudio Caponera , Fabrizio

La Spezia (Florence / Pisa) –Book the tower of Pisa online in advance Pre-book to Leaning Tower of Pisa (available 45 – 16 days in advance): www.opapisa.it/boxoffice/index.jsp

• I used www.papillonservice.com/ Lisa, Roberto

Villefranche (Monte Carlo / Cannes / Nice)
• I used www.dream-tours.com/layout.php?page=106&lang=us Alain, Frederic, Jean Marc

MORE ON

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28065971&postcount=4

Thank you so much for all the great information! That's brilliant! Plenty of time to plan between now and 2010! ha! ha! :rotfl2:
Debsx:upsidedow

Thank you so much for all the great information! That's brilliant! Plenty of time to plan between now and 2010! ha! ha! :rotfl2:
Debsx:upsidedow

There is as you say a lot of time but if going the private tour option they tend to book up 12 months in advance, to keep costs down you might wish to get to know people on your cruise with similar age kids, these vans/cars can take 8 people two families keeps costs down and also keeps the kids amused on route.

That's a great idea, as kids makes friends so quickly don't they and can amuse each other!!! Waiting for Tuesday to see if we can get the category we want at a price that dosen't mean we have to move into a caravan!!!! :rotfl:
Debsx

That's a great idea, as kids makes friends so quickly don't they and can amuse each other!!! Waiting for Tuesday to see if we can get the category we want at a price that dosen't mean we have to move into a caravan!!!! :rotfl:
Debsx

Yes good luck, book early, asap to get the best price.

I am sorry for the repeat questions....I have been reading this thread for weeks and I am in the process of planning two different trips and have all the information mixed up in my head...

2010 goes on sale Tuesday morning?
8:00 AM??
Are the 4-night Castaway Cruises included in what goes on sale???

I am sorry for the repeat questions....I have been reading this thread for weeks and I am in the process of planning two different trips and have all the information mixed up in my head...

2010 goes on sale Tuesday morning?
8:00 AM??
Are the 4-night Castaway Cruises included in what goes on sale???

Yes, ALL 2010 cruises for both the Magic and Wonder (except the land/sea cruises) go on sale Tuesday, October 14th at 8 am ET. Currently, only the special Baltic, Med, and the 4 Repo cruises have price ranges available. For all other cruises, the prices will only be available starting 10/14 at 8 am ET. Which rather sucks, since you essentially have to see the price for the first time while you're booki

Yes, ALL 2010 cruises for both the Magic and Wonder go on sale Tuesday, October 14th at 8 am ET. Currently, only the special Baltic, Med, and the 4 Repo cruises have price ranges available. For all other cruises, the prices will only be available starting 10/14 at 8 am ET. Which rather sucks, since you essentially have to see the price for the first time while you're booking.

Thanks so much for the reply :goodvibes

Here's to hoping we ge what we want. We are flying out tomorrow at 1035ET and having to get the logistics straight between getting to the airport, checking in and getting past security with two small children all while being on the phone with DCL. It sure will be interesting. If we are calling in to get the ressies we use the 800# on their website correct?

This may have been asked before, or another thread may be out there, so just point me in the right direction :goodvibes

When do you think DCL will go back to the Baltic? 3 years? I know that it will depend on how well it does, but I know that we probably won't be able to go in 2010 too...so hoping for some good speculation :goodvibes
We really want to go to the Baltic!!!!

This may have been asked before, or another thread may be out there, so just point me in the right direction :goodvibes

When do you think DCL will go back to the Baltic? 3 years? I know that it will depend on how well it does, but I know that we probably won't be able to go in 2010 too...so hoping for some good speculation :goodvibes
We really want to go to the Baltic!!!!

I do not think it will be back 'short term' we have to wait for the new ships to go to Port Canaveral first, they are due 2011 and 2012.

Its looking like the Magic would do Panama/LA/Mexician riveria/Alaska for 2011, with an early trip to LA, Via Panama say April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter