2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after my 4 day get away I am back home in Icey/Cold Chicago, and while there I was on a hunt for the Coin machines that make the special pennies and sadly they have been moved somewhere else instead of the Arcade, in their spot now are 2 claw machines

Well after my 4 day get away I am back home in Icey/Cold Chicago, and while there I was on a hunt for the Coin machines that make the special pennies and sadly they have been moved somewhere else instead of the Arcade, in their spot now are 2 claw machines

Thanks for reporting back about the coin machines. How disappointing!!!

If anyone comes across the penny/quarter machines on Yacht or Beach Club property somewhere, please let us know!

Thanks and no worries :hippie:.

I need a bit of advice from anyone that would like to give it :goodvibes. I have all of our ADRs made for our trip but now it seems like I am going to have to tweak a few of our days because I found a better ADR time for BOG dinner (6:45pm from 8:50pm) on a day that we originally weren't going to be at MK. Now this is where I need your advice, the date that I got this new reservation is on Memorial Day (on 5/26, the Monday). I am wondering how jammed packed MK will be on that day (I know the locals will more then likely be there since the schools are off), we originally were going to go to DHS which has late EMH until 11pm. Not sure if we should stick with our original plan and get rid of the BOG ADR or tweak our week a bit....what does everyone else think? I know this has nothing to do with BC/BCV therefore I am really sorry for this.

I like using the crowd calendar on the Easy Disney web site. It tells you the best park, and which to avoid. I always plan my park days according to their crowd predictions. They are pretty accurate.

They had noodles and tubes for free back in Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In August I saw lots of tubes, but no noodles. We always bring our own. Then leave them with a family our last day. This year I ordered some inflatable noodles from Amazon. Looking forward to trying them out in August. I doubt I'll be spending much pool time in Jan trip, more like hot tub time ::yes::

So excited to finally find this thread! Finally made it through all the great FAQs and info.

DH and I are planning our first trip without the kids. A second honeymoon (Disneymoon) in October for Food & Wine! Looking at booking garden view at YC.

Are the coffee pots in BCV (studio) regular coffee makers or the round filter pods?

I believe the villas still have the Mr. Coffee type regular coffee makers. The studios have 4 cup machines and the 1 BR and 2 BR have 10 cup machines.

Here's a couple of pictures of "Christmas Morning" at Nanny and Pop-Pops with Teena's granddaughter Lily plus a couple from their visit to MK yesterday.

I have more pictures posted in the Lily Goes Live thread (the pink link in my signature)

page 226-228

So excited to finally find this thread! Finally made it through all the great FAQs and info.

DH and I are planning our first trip without the kids. A second honeymoon (Disneymoon) in October for Food & Wine! Looking at booking garden view at YC.

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for the YC in October.

:woohoo:

Glad you are finding some helpful info here! Please let us know if you have any questions as you are planning your trip.

We have had a few recent questions about the in-room coffee makers over the past couple of days. Those of you who have been around here for awhile will recall that my very first post to this thread was "What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms at the Beach Club"

I totally understand how this is one of THE most important questions!!!

From "Other Useful Info" Post 14:

Stay caffeinated, my friends!

:coffee:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

I don't "do" Nescrape! Is there anyplace at the resort where I can get a REAL cup of coffee???

From guests in August 2013:
Grounds-breaking News: The coffee pods in the rooms and the coffee sold in the Marketplace is now Joffrey's coffee!!!

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit. This location also serves as a refill station for your refillable mug until 11 or noon.

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ

hi hi! i am so excited to be staying at YC in february. i've always wanted to stay at one of the epcot resorts, especially because of the close proximity to beaches & cream :D

i have a question about the daybed rooms - are there any photos of the rooms without the daybed? i see from the post in the FAQ that not all rooms have the daybed (which it's fine if we don't get one, as it's just me, my aunt, and my teen cousin), so i'm wondering what it looks like without it. any photos out there?

hi hi! i am so excited to be staying at YC in february. i've always wanted to stay at one of the epcot resorts, especially because of the close proximity to beaches & cream :D

i have a question about the daybed rooms - are there any photos of the rooms without the daybed? i see from the post in the FAQ that not all rooms have the daybed (which it's fine if we don't get one, as it's just me, my aunt, and my teen cousin), so i'm wondering what it looks like without it. any photos out there?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February

:cool1:

Great request for a pictures of YC rooms without a daybed. Hopefully someone here has some they can post.

One of the quirky things about the Y&BC resorts is that not all rooms are exactly the same size and have different bedding and furniture configurations.

There are rooms with 2 Queens, 2 Queens and a daybed, a few King rooms with/without daybed. Some of the rooms may have different desk and bureaus as well.

I have only stayed at the BC, and at the front of the thread under the BC Room post I have pictures of a room with no daybed.

Guest Rooms

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_2752-1.jpg

IMG_2750-1.jpg
IMG_0345-1-1.jpg
IMG_0348-1.jpg

Anyone have some YC or BC room pictures they can post? I'll link them to the first page for future reference.

:goodvibes

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February

:cool1:

Great request for a pictures of YC rooms without a daybed. Hopefully someone here has some they can post.

One of the quirky things about the Y&BC resorts is that not all rooms are exactly the same size and have different bedding and furniture configurations.

There are rooms with 2 Queens, 2 Queens and a daybed, a few King rooms with/without daybed. Some of the rooms may have different desk and bureaus as well.

I have only stayed at the BC, and at the front of the thread under the BC Room post I have pictures of a room with no daybed.

Anyone have some YC or BC room pictures they can post? I'll link them to the first page for future reference.

:goodvibes

thank you! how interesting about all the different room sizes/configurations. whatever we get, i will take pictures to share :)

I believe the villas still have the Mr. Coffee type regular coffee makers. The studios have 4 cup machines and the 1 BR and 2 BR have 10 cup machines.

Thanks very much. DH has to have his coffee. I will bring Dunkin with us.

We have had a few recent questions about the in-room coffee makers over the past couple of days. Those of you who have been around here for awhile will recall that my very first post to this thread was "What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms at the Beach Club"

I totally understand how this is one of THE most important questions!!!

From guests in August 2013:
Grounds-breaking News: The coffee pods in the rooms and the coffee sold in the Marketplace is now Joffrey's coffee!!!

We discovered that if you use the filtered water from a beverage dispenser, like the one at the Marketplace, to make the coffee, it tastes pretty good. :thumbsup2

I have more pictures posted in the Lily Goes Live thread (the pink link in my signature).

Those pictures are so cute. I can't believe how big those birds are in Teena's yard. :eek:

Hi all! I hope all who celebrate Christmas had a very Merry Christmas.

I decided to go ahead and reserve 2 nights at BC/YC for my 2014 birthday trip. I was surprised to see that YC had standard and garden view rooms available, only BC had availability last I checked. So I'll be at POR from Sept. 26-Oct. 1, then moving to YC garden view Oct. 1-3! I'm so excited!!!

:thumbsup2

Dee runs on Dunkin! DD was my first job- I worked there for 5 years. Still haven't kicked the caffeine habit I picked up there.

My family survives on it. Brought DD to Saint Maarten this past May. We have six DD within four miles of home

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter