2013 Canadian Club 33 Day planned for July.

No trip report but I made a shadow box of our Club 33 day. I think I will still tweek it a little and try to squeeze in one of the napkins. The bottom picture was taken the next day when we both wore our Club 33 hats. The DL tickets even say Club 33 Event on them. :) Disneyland Just Got Happier!

Bob Gurr signed an old picture of the Matterhorn with Monorail and subs and sky basket, so I put that up on my vintage DL picture wall. I still want to get another frame and put some pictures of the Lily Belle and the ticket he signed.

Oh, I love your shadow box, PinkBudgie!! I'm making one also, just haven't had time yet. I just organized all my photos in Photobucket and I'll be posting them here soon. Stay tuned!:thumbsup2

Here are a few of my favorite pics from the event. We started off with lunch at Club 33. Bob was full of so many stories! He was also happy to sign special items that we brought along and take photos with everyone. Bob brought a special gift for all of us too...a Monorail pin!

Group photos....

While walking down Main Street to the Lilly Belle, the fire truck that Bob designed and built back in 1958 pulled up. The cast member was more than happy to rejoin two old friends!

Next it was on to the train station where we got to enjoy the circle tour around the park in the Lilly Belle with more stories from Bob. Everyone got an autographed ticket.

A few of us walked through the gallery Bob and checked out the Tiki room display.

Bob posing under his window.

Bob enjoying his martini at the 1901 lounge.

My friend Cheri (DizMe) and I were very proud to be honorary Canadians for the day! This is us with Bob.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. It looks like such an event to remember! And Bob seems so gracious, and funny!

Ya where are these trip reports anyways? ! Lol. I hope you can make it one of these times. I'm torn between asking a special guest or an Archives tour for our next event. For the real Disney enthusiast an archives tour and a late dinner at Club 33 then exiting a closed empty park would sound fun. I'm open to suggestions.

Archives tour and empty park sounds amazing (!!!) although all these pictures with Bob look very special. Maybe he would want to come again too? :)

Neat to see someone else's picture of the day!

The empty chair at the round table was mine. :lmao: Guess I was taking photos of the bathroom! ;)

That fire truck episode was so funny! Those people ready to go for a ride on the fire truck had no idea why some old man was sitting in the driver's seat and all these people were taking pictures of him! :rotfl:

Neat to see someone else's picture of the day!

The empty chair at the round table was mine. :lmao: Guess I was taking photos of the bathroom! ;)

That fire truck episode was so funny! Those people ready to go for a ride on the fire truck had no idea why some old man was sitting in the driver's seat and all these people were taking pictures of him! :rotfl:

Ahhhh, PinkBudgie! We need a redo so I can get you in the pic!! LOL!

I'm so glad the fire truck moment happend! That really was a magical moment.pixiedust: Those people in the truck must have thought we were nuts!:rotfl2: If they only knew!

I'm glad I was pointed in this direction by disnyluvr2! I didn't even think to look here as I'm usually hanging out on the disneyland forum.

As many others have already said, it was an absolutely amazing experience and one I'll never forget. Scott is the most incredibly generous Fairy Godfather and manages to make a lot of dreams come true, as is evidenced by this event. I can't even begin to express how proud I was to be included in your Canadian Club 33 adventure! Thank you all so much for welcoming this Yank to your party.

Scott, I hope you know how special this was to me. I know I'm usually joking around but seriously, thank you! You're the best Fairy Godfather ever. But next time could I drive the monorail with Bob or something, just so my magic is a little better than everyone else's? :rotfl:

I'm glad I was pointed in this direction by disnyluvr2! I didn't even think to look here as I'm usually hanging out on the disneyland forum.

As many others have already said, it was an absolutely amazing experience and one I'll never forget. Scott is the most incredibly generous Fairy Godfather and manages to make a lot of dreams come true, as is evidenced by this event. I can't even begin to express how proud I was to be included in your Canadian Club 33 adventure! Thank you all so much for welcoming this Yank to your party.

Scott, I hope you know how special this was to me. I know I'm usually joking around but seriously, thank you! You're the best Fairy Godfather ever. But next time could I drive the monorail with Bob or something, just so my magic is a little better than everyone else's? :rotfl:

I totally agree! Scott is a Fairy Godfather! :)

Wow!!!! Your event looks amazing. It is so nice to see all the pictures and it is nice to put some faces to the people here on the Dis. Perhaps our holidays will sync up sometime and I could attend Canadian Club 33 day:cloud9:
Thanks for the pics!

Is a date set for February yet? It might be time to start a new thread:)

Sorry for the delay answering you. The proposed Club 33 renovation is delaying any plans. If the Club is available I am planning sometime in Feb. between the 14th and 24th. If the Club is closed we could have a lunch at Cathay or somewhere nice and find other special Disney opportunities to enjoy if anyone is interested. Although I feel Club 33 is why most guests attend.

Sorry for the delay answering you. The proposed Club 33 renovation is delaying any plans. If the Club is available I am planning sometime in Feb. between the 14th and 24th. If the Club is closed we could have a lunch at Cathay or somewhere nice and find other special Disney opportunities to enjoy if anyone is interested. Although I feel Club 33 is why most guests attend.

No problem. I think you're right about Club 33 being why most attend. I know I have always wanted to go there. I would definitely plan a trip down around it. I'll stay tuned for the next date:)

Once you're made an honorary Canadian, is that for life? Or was it just for the day?:scratchin If you plan something towards the end of Feb, I wouldn't mind joining this fun bunch again!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter