2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest Flight release info alert.
I just spoke to the elves that work at Southwest Airlines. To confirm what has been reported before, Southwest will release the next round of flights on Feb. 19th. Of course this does not help Ninja Mom who needs some December flights. Those will be released around June. One of the really helpful things I learned from the conversation with the elf was that when they release this next batch of flights they can tell you when they will release the next batch.

So that's the dispatch on the batch match.

~NM

Thanks NM...I'll be one of the folks up nice and early to book our August and October trip :)

Hey Friends.
Even though it is snowing where you are and I'm sitting in 80° drinking Guatemalan coffee...... STAY WHERE YOU ARE!

Warm weather and delicious coffee!!! Enjoy.

Hope the erupting volcano has not been too troublesome.

And thanks for the great work you are doing down there to help improve lives.

:goodvibes:

We had 10 "magical" nights booked at the Poly for August 16-26 and I started thinking we've never stayed at an Epcot resort. Checked into pricing and made the change to a split stay. We're now staying 5 nights at Poly August 16-21 and 5 nights at the Yacht Club August 21-26. This is our 6th trip to WDW and our 1st stay at both the Poly and Yacht Club. Looking forward to Stormalong Bay.

Martin

OK - I've changed our plans again...

I've added a 7-night Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy in late September to celebrate DW's and my 20th anniversary. Consequently, I scaled back our WDW trip from 10-nights to 6-nights. I also swapped our resort stay order. Now we're booked at the Yacht Club August 16-19 and the Polynesian August 19-22. We'll do Epcot and HS while at the YC and AK and MK while at the Poly. Making our ADRs next week!

Martin

During a recent visit to the BC, I called in to check rates for a possible future stay, taking advantage of the Bounceback offer. When I spoke with the CM, we specifically discussed Bounceback. He verified my current stay, by asking for the confirmation number. The CM said my dates were available for Bounceback, and I ended up booking the room, only, offer for May 2015. Being in a hurry to catch the ME, I did not bother to check out the rate, and just accepted it.

In yesterday's mail, I received the confirmation, which showed the daily rates, deposit received, and total cost of the booking. Today, when I checked online, the Disney site is quoting the exact same rate that I was booked for the Bounceback offer.

What's up?

During a recent visit to the BC, I called in to check rates for a possible future stay, taking advantage of the Bounceback offer. When I spoke with the CM, we specifically discussed Bounceback. He verified my current stay, by asking for the confirmation number. The CM said my dates were available for Bounceback, and I ended up booking the room, only, offer for May 2015. Being in a hurry to catch the ME, I did not bother to check out the rate, and just accepted it.

In yesterday's mail, I received the confirmation, which showed the daily rates, deposit received, and total cost of the booking. Today, when I checked online, the Disney site is quoting the exact same rate that I was booked for the Bounceback offer.

What's up?
Disney is currently offering a 35% off RO promo. Having never booked a BB, I don't know if they are normally a better deal than what is available to the public? (though I would imagine so?) Perhaps you had access to the promo rate before it went public? When did you book?

Disney is currently offering a 35% off RO promo. Having never booked a BB, I don't know if they are normally a better deal than what is available to the public? (though I would imagine so?) Perhaps you had access to the promo rate before it went public? When did you book?

Booked BB last month. Checked online this morning.

I think I might just switch to Orbitz - it looks like I would save about $53 per night. So much for the great BB offer.

Yes please!!! September 18-25! With some Dis friends but I'll need to check their names and send later!

Thank you!

I am travelling with disgirl83 and her DH and DD, and dznyacct and her DH. 18-25 September at BC Villas! Can't wait! First time staying there for me!

Been reading through the first few pages as our trip gets closer...I noticed that under the Beaches & Cream review that it say they don't take ADRs...I think they do now, right?

I'm staying at BC next month (first stay there) and I've checked out the renovations information on page 1 here so I know it'll still be going on. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of it here? I've seen some bad reviews on TripAdviser and just want to get an idea of what it'll be like. FTR, I'm planning to be in the parks for most of the day but was worried if they start early in the morning because I usually suffer from jet lag for the first few days when I get to Orlando so want to be prepared.

Cheers

1F

Been reading through the first few pages as our trip gets closer...I noticed that under the Beaches & Cream review that it say they don't take ADRs...I think they do now, right?
Yes, they do. This just started some time last year.

Yes, they do. This just started some time last year.

My bad!!! Never changed this info when they started taking reservations. Going to correct that now!

Thanks for pointing that out.

:thumbsup2

Hello everyone,

I have just booked a stay for our 30th anniversary at the Beach Club from 8/30 - 9/2. So excited to be coming back to the Beach Club!!!

Dee, Please add me to the BOG list. Thanks!

I just spoke to the elves that work at Southwest Airlines. To confirm what has been reported before, Southwest will release the next round of flights on Feb. 19th. Of course this does not help Ninja Mom who needs some December flights. Those will be released around June. One of the really helpful things I learned from the conversation with the elf was that when they release this next batch of flights they can tell you when they will release the next batch.

~NM
Thanks for the heads up!!:worship:

Does anyone know if the Beach Club DVC studios will sleep five after the refurb? Also, is there any chance the refurb on the studios will be completed by November 2015? (This was probably mentioned somewhere in the lovely forum but I just can't find it.) Thanks so much for all the wonderful information! The Beach Club is mine and my husband's favorite resort.

~NM

If anyone is familiar with how/when JetBlue releases their schedules, or if there is another thread regarding that topic, please clue me in! :thumbsup2

If I want to avoid a dumpster view for our 6/6-7 stay at the YC CL, what would be a good room request? If I say close to elevators, would that be advisable?

Please add us to the BOG for Sept 23-29 for the YC. We have stayed at the BC twice and want to try out the beautiful YC this time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter