2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are here at the beach club now. We are on the 4th floor and our room is directly under a room that is being renovated. I heard it start by 8am and it woke my exhausted kids up. We also had an issue with the noise yesterday afternoon when trying to take a nap. Is it possible to request a new location because of this or are we just stuck? :/ I don't like to complain but it's not like this was a cheap stay!!

You should definitely go down to the front desk and let them know that the construction noise you hear in your room is disturbing your rest. I believe they will do whatever they can to move you into a satisfactory room.

Do not call because it will not be answered by someone at the resort, it will go to a call center. Go down in person and explain the situation.

Good luck for a more peaceful placement!

:thumbsup2

Good Morning!!

Going to the Yacht Club saturday and sunday (staying 1 night)... I was wondering if the Xmas decorations are going to be there?

I read that the BC ones are not going to be there until next wednesday...

Thanks in advance!

Carousel and decorations start Tuesday next week (25th).

Any updates on construction for CL? We have a one-night stay scheduled on 12/1 for the sole intent of checking out the new lounge and (cross fingers) a refurbed room, and since my dates for changing our reservation are running out, I'd likely just stay at the GF rather than move for one night if the 5th floor is a mess.

Any updates on construction for CL? We have a one-night stay scheduled on 12/1 for the sole intent of checking out the new lounge and (cross fingers) a refurbed room, and since my dates for changing our reservation are running out, I'd likely just stay at the GF rather than move for one night if the 5th floor is a mess.

As of yesterday, I was told we were on schedule.

Yep, and guess who came in last?????

I'm so glad that we'll get to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time next month :).

Dee.... Slight change to our stay next year. We will now be at the BC CL from 10/18-10/24 :) :) :)

That's what I figured. Can't get much closer to Thanksgiving than Tuesday.

Does that mean that the gingerbread hell, I mean smell, won't start until then?

:headache:

Thank goodness yes!!!!! My COPD and that smell don't get along!

I'm so glad that we'll get to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time next month :).

Dee.... Slight change to our stay next year. We will now be at the BC CL from 10/18-10/24 :) :) :)

Rosa ... do not miss BC, YC, GF, Wilderness Lodge. And I've been getting reports that the Contemporary has a good display too this year.

Try the various gingerbreads at the GF, BC and Contemporary. They are all different recipes. I love the BC gingerbread which is an old recipe from our original head pastry chef's grandmother in Germany. Also, I talked to one of the managers in the pastry department and again they will have the gingerbread house kits. I'm going to grab one and save it for Jeanne and Lily to put together when they get here in January. We usually put one together and wrap it in foil for a few days and then eat it. So good!!!! I'm sure you could carry one of the kits back to the girls and they would love to put it together!! The kits sell out fast and they make a limited number daily so get it when you see it!

Rosa ... do not miss BC, YC, GF, Wilderness Lodge. And I've been getting reports that the Contemporary has a good display too this year.

Try the various gingerbreads at the GF, BC and Contemporary. They are all different recipes. I love the BC gingerbread which is an old recipe from our original head pastry chef's grandmother in Germany. Also, I talked to one of the managers in the pastry department and again they will have the gingerbread house kits. I'm going to grab one and save it for Jeanne and Lily to put together when they get here in January. We usually put one together and wrap it in foil for a few days and then eat it. So good!!!! I'm sure you could carry one of the kits back to the girls and they would love to put it together!! The kits sell out fast and they make a limited number daily so get it when you see it!

Thanks for letting me know Teena. I had no idea they had gingerbreads to try.....yum!

We are renting a car for this trip because we are only going to be there for 4 days and I'll be sure to check out all of the above now. Hope they still have the kits when we check in too (we don't arrive till 12/18). The girls and I have been decorating gingerbread houses every year since they were little so I would definitely get one and bring it back.

Thanks for letting me know Teena. I had no idea they had gingerbreads to try.....yum!

We are renting a car for this trip because we are only going to be there for 4 days and I'll be sure to check out all of the above now. Hope they still have the kits when we check in too (we don't arrive till 12/18). The girls and I have been decorating gingerbread houses every year since they were little so I would definitely get one and bring it back.

And the BC gingerbread house kit is made with the old German gingerbread recipe ... so yummy!

Thanks for the tip. We will have get one when we are there. :banana:

3 years ago WL put up their tree-or started to the first week of nov (we were there for Food & Wine)

The date the resort gets decorated changes yearly since it is done on a lottery system. One year you could be the first resort done and the next year the last. It's all depends on the lottery. So what date it was decorated last year has nothing to do with when it will be decorated the next year. The only thing guaranteed is that it will be done before Thanksgiving, so sometime between 11/1 and whatever date Thanksgiving falls on.

And the BC gingerbread house kit is made with the old German gingerbread recipe ... so yummy!

Oh. This sounds so good. We also make a gingerbread house every year and would love to get one.

Thanks for all the info. Getting excited about seeing all the decorations for the first time!

Rebecca

Rosa ... do not miss BC, YC, GF, Wilderness Lodge. And I've been getting reports that the Contemporary has a good display too this year. Try the various gingerbreads at the GF, BC and Contemporary. They are all different recipes. I love the BC gingerbread which is an old recipe from our original head pastry chef's grandmother in Germany. Also, I talked to one of the managers in the pastry department and again they will have the gingerbread house kits. I'm going to grab one and save it for Jeanne and Lily to put together when they get here in January. We usually put one together and wrap it in foil for a few days and then eat it. So good!!!! I'm sure you could carry one of the kits back to the girls and they would love to put it together!! The kits sell out fast and they make a limited number daily so get it when you see it!

Will they still have these kits after Dec 21? My DD's would love this... PLEASE Tell me where to camp out and line up ;-)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter