2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend and family are staying standard club level. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. I think that was her only choice for accommodating 5, but not sure. So are all standard views non-exciting? Are there standard club level rooms that have balconies? She is hoping for a balcony? Will that even be possible?

Rosa ... do not miss BC, YC, GF, Wilderness Lodge. And I've been getting reports that the Contemporary has a good display too this year.

Buzzy, Nannette and I saw the Contemporary gingerbread house. Buzzy and I tried to nibble on a corner but Nannette put a stop to it : ( It looked prety cool though... :thumbsup2

And the BC gingerbread house kit is made with the old German gingerbread recipe ... so yummy!

Tonight when Nannette and I are sleeping in the lobby of the Beach Club because we are too cheap to pay for a room I will sneak over to the gingerbread carrousel and take a bite just to see how good it is. I heard a rumor that sampling the gingerbread displays is part of the Disney ULTRA deluxe dining plan. For $$$ you get a beverage, an entree and a hoof from one of those ponies on the carrousel.

~NM

Will they still have these kits after Dec 21? My DD's would love this... PLEASE Tell me where to camp out and line up ;-)!!

Hopefully. They sell them in the Marketplace. Check in the morning and if they are gone, check back around dinner time. Check every day. They constantly are making them in the bakery but they sell so fast. They are wonderful kits!!!!

My friend and family are staying standard club level. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. I think that was her only choice for accommodating 5, but not sure. So are all standard views non-exciting? Are there standard club level rooms that have balconies? She is hoping for a balcony? Will that even be possible?

All the views are either parking lot or roof. However, most of them have full balconies!!

All the views are either parking lot or roof. However, most of them have full balconies!!

I see that Teena answered your question.

Yes, most of the rooms have full balconies, but your friend should add that to the room reservation.

I don't know if you saw my earlier post with the link to the thread with room views. Honestly, some of the views are not that bad- I had a standard view room in club level that had a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks, so that was a nice bonus. I think you can even see Spaceship Earth from some of the SV rooms- I would love that- but I'm not sure how exactly to request that.

The balcony would be the biggie for me, so my request would be "Full balcony please" and possibly, "Front side of resort" (this would offer parking lot view).

:)

As we walked around the resorts last week-I noted that ALL the rooms at Yacht club have full balconies and are pretty private from next door
MANY at Beach club have a 'fake" Juliet balcony or no balcony. Many with full balcony see the persons next door -little privacy

Buzzy, Nannette and I saw the Contemporary gingerbread house. Buzzy and I tried to nibble on a corner but Nannette put a stop to it : ( It looked prety cool though... :thumbsup2

Tonight when Nannette and I are sleeping in the lobby of the Beach Club because we are too cheap to pay for a room I will sneak over to the gingerbread carrousel and take a bite just to see how good it is. I heard a rumor that sampling the gingerbread displays is part of the Disney ULTRA deluxe dining plan. For $$$ you get a beverage, an entree and a hoof from one of those ponies on the carrousel.

~NM

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi Dee,
Could you please add us to the BOG list. I just booked our annual Food & Wine Fest visit for 2015. We will be in our home, 1 BR BCV from October 17, 2015 - October 24, 2015. Myself, DH and DS.
So Excited to have a trip to plan already.
Thank You

Could you please add us to the BOG list. We will be back home at BCV 8/15-23 2015. Thanks!

Hopefully. They sell them in the Marketplace. Check in the morning and if they are gone, check back around dinner time. Check every day. They constantly are making them in the bakery but they sell so fast. They are wonderful kits!!!!

So like, tell me about the renovations happening. How long will it take? :duck:

Okay, going to do my homework. :surfweb:

So like, tell me about the renovations happening. How long will it take? :duck:

Okay, going to do my homework. :surfweb:

Start here (Page 1, Post 1) ;)

BREAKING NEWS!!!

As of October 12, the Beach Club 5th floor, club level is closed for hallway and room refurbishment. The expected timeframe for the closure is until the end of November, but of course construction delays could impact that. A temporary, small lounge has been set up in one of the suites (2nd floor?) for use of guests staying in Deluxe Rooms or Suites throughout the resort.

We do not have an official estimate of the timetable or completion date for the resort refurbishment at this time.

There is a recent blog post circulating about the upcoming renovation at the Beach Club. It references a 20 month project. Based on previous renovations, I think that this 20 month estimate is more likely to be the timeframe for the entire renovation at BOTH BC and YC- perhaps 10 months to a year for each resort.

The article also references the renovation work at the Poly but the work at the Beach and Yacht Club is nowhere near the scope of the construction/destruction of the Poly villas or the lobby renovation that is happening there.

Here is a great post comparing the renovations planned at Y&BC to the work at the Poly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I often read WDWMAGIC and think they generally have reliable information. That said, I think they are off base a bit here.

This renovation is NOTHING like what is going on at the Poly.

The Lobby is not being torn apart and reconfigured with a waterfall being removed.
The pool is not loosing a rock formation volcano and being reconfigured,
DVC bungalows are not being built on the shores of the lake.
3 buildings, or even 3 floors of rooms, are not being converted to DVC studios.
It is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT circumstance.

Disney refurbs resorts on an on going basis. Again, the current Poly work is an aberration. There is little disruption during the usual ongoing work.
I think you are fine.

We have not heard anything about a pool rehab being part of this renovation.

Beach Club Renovation News:

About every five years the halls and rooms of EVERY resort at WDW get renovated. There are two types. Soft goods and hard goods. Last time the Beach and Yacht Clubs underwent renovation (2008/2009) it was a soft goods rehab.

Renovations on the outside (painting, siding, roofing and all maintenance) are done as needed.

The upcoming refurb will be a hard goods renovation. Rooms will be stripped down everything from new sinks, new air conditioning units, new everything pretty much except the TVs are probably staying since they are fairly new.

The work will start with the renovation and expansion of the Club Level lounge. While the work is being done, club level offerings will be available in the Presidential Suite. After the lounge is completed, work will move onto the actual rooms on the 5th floor. Then, the work will continue on other rooms, floor by floor, until they have all been renovated.

We do not have a timetable about how long it will take to complete each section of the resort.

The work will be completed with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Sections of rooms will be taken out of service while the renovations are taking place. All noise work is done between 9AM and 5PM (when people are at the pool or at the parks). Chances are guest won't really see the areas where work is happening.

We have been told that when the Beach Club renovation is about 75% complete, work will start on the Beach Club Villas. We are not sure what kind of renovations will happen there yet. After the BC renovation is complete, work on the Yacht Club will begin.

The furniture in the lobby just received new upholstery and I think new carpets were added, so at this time, we do not believe a refurbishment of the lobby is part of this renovation.

We have not heard anything about a pool rehab being part of this renovation. Normal pool maintenance at Stormalong Bay happens in the winter, with 1/3 of the pool worked on at a time, with the remaining 2/3 remaining open. This is done almost every year, but I don't remember anyone discussing maintenance on the pool last winter.

wdwinfo is reporting possible maintenance work in Jan/Feb 2015 with some parts of the pool closed during the work while other areas of the pool remain open. The dates and scope of the work have not been confirmed by the resort.

As we receive more definitive information, we will post it here.

Thank you for the information on renovations at the Beach Club! I am wondering if the renovations to the Club level floor are finished?

Soooo.....
The YC should not have any renovations or construction during january if it isn't starting until after the BC is completed. Is that a fair guess?

Thank you!
babs

~NM

:rotfl2: go for it ladies! Maybe Teena can organize a jail break for you!!:rolleyes1

Page 110-113

It's been a few days since I have caught up on the thread...I still have the last few to go, but I'll do that in the morning.

Just returned home on Saturday night from the most amazing stay at the beach club! We were sad we didn't get to meet teena but Jaclyn at the front desk was fantastic. She supplied my kids with an abundance of crayons and coloring books. It kept them occupied for hours. My kids enjoyed the little childrens movie area in the lobby. It was my daughters favorite. The pool was outstanding!!!!!! My kids spent hours in the sandy pool area. The pirate slide was a little to adventurous for them but they enjoyed the kiddie slide. They even asked to leave AK early to go back to the pool! Claire at cape May cafe breakfast was so extremely kind and gave us the best service. We took advantage of the walk to epcot and HS daily. Epcot turned out to be one of my childrens favorite parks. Fast cars for my son and tons of princesses for my daughter. This trip was fantastic and we can't wait to come back!

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much! Hope you find your way back soon!

Currently staying at Yacht Club and somewhat disappointed considering its a deluxe. The wall paper is peeling off the wall in multiple spots and the room has an extremely strong musty chlorine smell (small pool outside of room) which is the main problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Thinking about asking for a room change, we're on our honeymoon and it's bumming me out.

:welcome: to this forum.

I hope you were able to get a room that is more satisfactory to you.

Congratulations on your wedding!

:woohoo:

Any updates on construction for CL? We have a one-night stay scheduled on 12/1 for the sole intent of checking out the new lounge and (cross fingers) a refurbed room, and since my dates for changing our reservation are running out, I'd likely just stay at the GF rather than move for one night if the 5th floor is a mess.

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for Dec 1, so I will add you.

:cool1:

I'm so glad that we'll get to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time next month :).

Dee.... Slight change to our stay next year. We will now be at the BC CL from 10/18-10/24 :) :) :)

Got it! I'll make the change in the morning.

:thumbsup2

page 114-115

Hi Dee,
Could you please add us to the BOG list. I just booked our annual Food & Wine Fest visit for 2015. We will be in our home, 1 BR BCV from October 17, 2015 - October 24, 2015. Myself, DH and DS.
So Excited to have a trip to plan already.
Thank You

My pleasure!!!

:welcome: home.

:cool1:

Could you please add us to BOG. We will be staying in BCV Sept 22- Sept 28, 2015. Thank you.:cool1:

:welcome: to this thread.

Yes, I will add you to the BOG list.

:woohoo:

Could you please add us to the BOG list. We will be back home at BCV 8/15-23 2015. Thanks!

You bet!

:welcome: back!

:cheer2:

Thank you for the information on renovations at the Beach Club! I am wondering if the renovations to the Club level floor are finished?

Soooo.....
The YC should not have any renovations or construction during january if it isn't starting until after the BC is completed. Is that a fair guess?

Thank you!
babs

:welcome: to this forum!

The Beach Club 5th floor club level is expected to reopen in early December 2014.

No renovations for YC scheduled until the BC work is done, so there should not be any planned work going on there in Jan 2015.

Please see the comments in a post above about some possible (normal) maintenance to parts of SAB in January, but nothing official has been released by the resort yet.

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter