2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, natebenma, for the response. 9am sounds liveable with (if I haven't dragged my sorry behind out of bed by then I"d be in danger of staying there all day: :D )

1F

The only take-outs allowable at Beaches and Cream are ice cream, drinks, etc., as it is consdered to be a table service restaurant. They will not let you order entrees or sides for take-out.

Thank you for the answer. I have yet to eat at Beaches and Cream, so it looks like I will have to make a reservation for a sit down there.

I just heard about the Frozen shows being postponed, can you believe it! Like Dee and lots of other folks here I also live in Eastern Mass, and I literally cannot believe what I am seeing. It's incredible! And I am so sad for all of the families trying to leave for vacation....good luck to all!

We are heading to the Beach Club in just 24 days!!!!! :sunny: I really want to go for that full balcony so I think we won't be trying the curbside checkin business, although I can't wait for the full reports from everyone checking in soon.....

Doing the happy dance!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: in 28 short days we will be at the oh so wonderful Beach Club, enjoying a drink in the CL lounge and getting ready for a super yummy dinner at Yachtsman!

So excited!!!!!!!

Stopping by to say hello, even though I have nothing to contribute because our last BC/YC stay was 2.5 years ago. As I've told Dee, our family has been into "mixing it up" at Disney lately and we've now stayed at all the deluxe resorts, all the mods and three of the values. Very fun! The other issue is that we've stayed at BC so many times the rest of my family is experiencing some burn out. I've been checking rates for our upcoming March/April stay and they look great, but it's not in the cards for this trip. But Dee is such a great host, so I'll follow along for a bit and promise not to jump in with my outdated BC/YC info!

Anyways, DP and I had a long talk about the Polynesian and the work going on there, and as much as we were looking forward to our first stay there, I am a view guy, and with the expected work there, and the fact that everyone and their brother will be asking to not be anywhere near the work, and because our planned trip is going to be "magical," we figured we'd end up with a bull's-eye Front row view of the construction. So we made the decision to jump ship. Don't worry, we are keeping and looking forward to our BC reservation, but we have filed a request to jump ship from the Poly. Once it is confirmed I'll change my ticker and let y'all know where our new first destination will be in August!

Happy Valentines Day! :lovestruc
And to my fellow New England/Boston friends....here we go again! (Speaking of Bull's-eyes) :mad::sad1::sad2:

Scott, I posted on another thread about this. We're with you. We jumped ship from Poly to CR for Easter Weekend. We stayed at Poly for marathon weekend and the construction didn't matter because it was cold and we were running - Poly was the perfect location for watching and running races. But for Easter Weekend, I'm with you on the view and we need that pool. Called today and the CM said they are hoping for an end-of-March opening, but of course nothing is set and tikiman is less optimistic. And even with the main pool open, construction in other areas remains. I like CR better looking out than looking in. :) Really enjoy the Bay Lake View and while the pool isn't super exciting, it's usually relatively uncrowded and quiet. My favorite spot is out near the bullseye pool with the view of the lake.

I am sorry to tell you that Ninja Mom has been a VERY BAD GIRL.
A
VERY.
BAD.
GIRL.

I needed to be magical when I booked my December vacation to WDW. Unfortunately they did not have the Beach or Yacht Club available during the time in which I was traveling.

They only had the...

The...

The...

I can hardly bring myself to say it...

Boardwalk Inn.

I really tried, honest I did, but it was not to be.

So I booked it, clown slide and all. My family physician has been alerted to the fact that I will be suffering from Pre-traumatic stress syndrome and she has prescribed aversion therapy and a 30 day supply of circus peanuts. I'm not optimistic but Dear husband says that at least we will be in the 'hood and we can gaze longingly across the pond at the shimmering lights of the Beach/Yacht Club.

I'm not proud of this reservation. Look for me to be doing the walk of shame to the lobby for check in in the beginning of December.
mecry.gif

~NM

This is hilarious! I had to lean in to read the words in your post. All will be well. I do not like the clown, but we've always had a view of either the gardens (my husband's favorite) or the boardwalk (my favorite) so no PTSD. I really love boardwalk view rooms - right on the water, the music from the boardwalk is relaxing, and the sounds in the evening are fun and happy. Here's the funny thing. I prefer the view of BC/YC over the view of the Boardwalk. Of course, to get the view of BC/YC you can't stay there. Another suggestion - while I'm not a fan of the BWI main pool (except for the slide when on it instead of looking at it) I love the quiet pool there. The quiet courtyard setting, entirely surrounded by gardens and no public walkways is wonderful. And we always spend time over at BC/YC when staying at BWI - I'm guessing you will too. :)

Dee and all of our Boston friends - the mountains of snow they are showing on the news are incredible. Stay safe with this upcoming storm.

Dee - good for you getting out of there!

NM - BWI and the clown slide...say it isn't true. I totally get the magical deal though.

I look forward to hearing reports about the new no stop at front desk check-in. Although, don't know if we will use it. We actually like the front desk check-in with most CM's we have encountered. And really not sure if there will be consistency in the process texting room number.

Rebecca

If we want to take a cab back and forth between a Disney hotel such as the Beach Club and a Disney theme park, do the cabs take credit cards? My understanding is that one company (Mears?) owns the cabs which are on-site, so I would think there would be a consistent policy. I posted this on the Transportation board but didn't get an answer from someone who knew for sure.

I am sure this has been answered, but I cannot find it. What kind of snacks do they have in the club lounge during the day--the 11:30 to 4:00 timeframe? Thanks!

Ninja Mom! You never told me we were staying at the Boardwalk Inn!!!! Are you treating Mrs Buzzy, the larvae, and I to club level or are we borrowing from the other guests plates again? Either way I can't wait to find myself flying up and down the hallways and knocking on people's doors yelling "Room service!" and then buzzing off. Please do me a favor and contact guest services to make sure that they have a large jug size of maraschino cherries for me. You can bring the rum and I'll meet you in the laundry room.

:jumping1:

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Boardwalk Inn guy

I am sure this has been answered, but I cannot find it. What kind of snacks do they have in the club lounge during the day--the 11:30 to 4:00 timeframe? Thanks!

Last year they had chips and dip, cookies, gummy bears, etc. Fresh fruit was out all day.

Also we are going to HDDR. Can we drive there or do we need to bus from MK.
If you drive to FW you will have to park in the parking lot by the gate and take the internal bus up to the Settlement area where the restaurant is located. If you take the bus then it will take you directly to the Settlement area. I'm not sure which is better. :confused3

Why yes! Yes I DO have one of the day beds, the rug from the 5th floor rear hallway 7 square meters of wall paper and and exhaust fan from the roof. I also have enough abandoned room service trays to take every New Englander sledding during this next storm.
I really hope that you can get one of those Mickey lamps before they throw them all out. Those are classic. ::yes::

I can hardly bring myself to say it...

Boardwalk Inn.

I really tried, honest I did, but it was not to be.

So I booked it, clown slide and all. My family physician has been alerted to the fact that I will be suffering from Pre-traumatic stress syndrome and she has prescribed aversion therapy and a 30 day supply of circus peanuts. I'm not optimistic but Dear husband says that at least we will be in the 'hood and we can gaze longingly across the pond at the shimmering lights of the Beach/Yacht Club.

I'm not proud of this reservation. Look for me to be doing the walk of shame to the lobby for check in in the beginning of December.
mecry.gif

~NM
My condolences. We were forced to stay at the BWI once when we couldn't get a reservation at the BC or YC. It was not a good substitute. :(

This whole weather pattern is SAD!!!
We were supposed to be flying to Disney tomorrow and now we're not!! I am REALLY sad.
That is really terrible. When will you be able to fly out?

If we want to take a cab back and forth between a Disney hotel such as the Beach Club and a Disney theme park, do the cabs take credit cards? My understanding is that one company (Mears?) owns the cabs which are on-site, so I would think there would be a consistent policy. I posted this on the Transportation board but didn't get an answer from someone who knew for sure.
Yes, they do take credit cards but we prefer to use cash. It just seems a little safer that way and the fares have all been less than $20.

If you drive to FW you will have to park in the parking lot by the gate and take the internal bus up to the Settlement area where the restaurant is located. If you take the bus then it will take you directly to the Settlement area. I'm not sure which is better. :confused3

I really hope that you can get one of those Mickey lamps before they throw them all out. Those are classic. ::yes::

My condolences. We were forced to stay at the BWI once when we couldn't get a reservation at the BC or YC. It was not a good substitute. :(

Yes, they do take credit cards but we prefer to use cash. It just seems a little safer that way and the fares have all been less than $20.

We won't be flying out now. My DH wants to drive tomorrow afternoon after the snow stops. Good grief!!

Well, I just don't know what to say to either Scott or NM!!! CR and BWI :scared1: what is the world coming to??? :faint:

I have a couple of pages to catch up with responses, but just want to say once again thanks for all of the warm wishes for all of us on the east coast (and upper state NY) suffering through way too much snow!

:goodvibes:

Hello friends!

Quick question: Anybody can tell me the name of the pink champagne they offer you when you check-in at Yacht Club Level?

Thanks in advance!

Captain's Strawberry Sparkler- House Champagne with strawberry flavoring. Welcome drink offered to (adult) guests only at check in (starting June 2014)

Thank you Catho72 for the photo!

:)

Can I join in? We just jumped ship from our Poly reservation and will be staying at BC 9/5-9/12. It is our first onsite stay and we are so excited!!

Have you guys seen this yet?

If you have special requests that you want to discuss when you arrive at the resort, like a full balcony at BC or daybed at either resort, then I don't think that you want to take advantage of this offer.

WDW resort guests can now by-pass front desk check-in if they choose

Walt Disney World is beginning a new program that will allow their resort guests to bypass the front desk check-in process if they choose. To take part in this option, guests must have their MagicBands sent to their home ahead of their vacation. They must complete online check-in, including paying in full for their reservation or authorizing a credit card and setting up a PIN. Lastly, they must provide an email address or phone number at which they can be reached. After these things are completed, they will be contacted with their room number and can go straight to their room upon arrival, after being met by a cast member outside the resort.

The program is rolling out to the various resorts in stages:

• February 10: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation Resort, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort, Pop Century Resort, Port Orleans Resort
    • February 25: Boardwalk Inn, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
    • March 10: All-Star Resorts, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort, Old Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
That is sad, it is putting people out of work.

while I'm not a fan of the BWI main pool (except for the slide when on it instead of looking at it) I love the quiet pool there. The quiet courtyard setting, entirely surrounded by gardens and no public walkways is wonderful. And we always spend time over at BC/YC when staying at BWI - I'm guessing you will too. :)

I will totally be over at the Beach Club Marketplace for my chocolate croissant and clam chowder fix! I wonder if I can drag Teena over to the Boardwalk and give her a try out as the BWI greeter. Of course the fire drills won't be the same... Speaking of Fire Drills they seemed to have nipped that problem in the bud over at the Beach Club. I wonder if they figured out what was triggering the alarm system with all that renovation construction.

The Mears cabs definitely take credit cards.

~NM

I will totally be over at the Beach Club Marketplace for my chocolate croissant and clam chowder fix! I wonder if I can drag Teena over to the Boardwalk and give her a try out as the BWI greeter. Of course the fire drills won't be the same... Speaking of Fire Drills they seemed to have nipped that problem in the bud over at the Beach Club. I wonder if they figured out what was triggering the alarm system with all that renovation construction.

The Mears cabs definitely take credit cards.

~NM

No way!!!!! I honestly can say I can't stand the BWI. There are a few resorts on property that I just don't like ... all personal likings ... just like some people like vanilla and some chocolate ice cream ... the BWI is way down on the list but CR is even lower. But I sure will be looking forward to seeing you when you come over for the clam chowder!!!!!

Back from the Fantasy and going into work this morning. I can't believe I had to make my bed this morning. Horrible!!! Boy they really spoil you on that ship. Hurry up March 28th ... then I'm back on the Fantasy!!

Looking forward to seeing some Disers today and tomorrow at the BC .... if they are not all stuck in the Northeast.

Welcome back, Teena!

We will arrive on Thursday...DH, DD#2 and I are doing the Glass Slipper Challenge!
We're staying at POFQ, but I'll try to stop in to say "hello."

Welcome back, Teena!

We will arrive on Thursday...DH, DD#2 and I are doing the Glass Slipper Challenge!
We're staying at POFQ, but I'll try to stop in to say "hello."

That would be super. I'll be there Sunday and Monday. Have fun doing the Challenge!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter