2014 Candlelight Processional Reservation

They usually open the booking in July. Someone said last year it was July 9. I just go to MDE and click on make dining reservations. The list will show up and hen they release the Candlelight Processional packages, it will show up in the list right under California Grill.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Do they usually announce in advance that thepackages will go on sale on a specific date? Or do they just magically open up one day and I need to keep checking every morning?

You probably need to be on the lookout. Of course checking these boards is the best way. I got (and still have) a reservation last week when it suddenly (& accidentally) opened up. Just keep checking. I didn't go last year but in years past I have had no trouble getting a reservation. There are so many good restaurants to choose from.

By my calculation, would you agree that it is "cost beneficial" to use 2 dining credits to pay for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package only if you are planning to eat DINNER at the "higher priced" restaurants like Les Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Tokyo dining?

If we wanted to eat at Via Napoli, last years price for dinner was $56.44...
I don't think that it makes sense using 2 dining credits in this case, do you?

First time booking the package, so "just thinking and planning"....

THANKS for any input if I am forgetting something!

What we do is get all our reservations and figure the price for each. Then we choose what we will pay for. Usually we will eat dinner at one of the quick lunch places like Pecos to make up for the 2 credit meal. Some of the quick lunch places at Epcot are pretty good, too.

By my calculation, would you agree that it is "cost beneficial" to use 2 dining credits to pay for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package only if you are planning to eat DINNER at the "higher priced" restaurants like Les Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Tokyo dining? If we wanted to eat at Via Napoli, last years price for dinner was $56.44... I don't think that it makes sense using 2 dining credits in this case, do you? First time booking the package, so "just thinking and planning".... THANKS for any input if I am forgetting something!

If you are talking about monetary worth, a TS credit is worth about $35-37. So in that respect the VN dinner does not equal the worth of two credits.

However you have to add on the fact that you get into the theater before the standby line and you get the preferred Illuminations viewing spot, and what that is worth to you.

To clarify, candlelight dinner package consists of choice of appetizer,
entrée, soft drink, and dessert correct? Also, you get a badge which allows you guaranteed seating at Candlelight Processional, line about 1/2 hour as compared to regular line of about 4 hours correct? Also, immediately after show, separate viewing area for Illuminations, right?:confused3

THANKS....Can't wait to book!:yay:

The packages include an appetizer, entree, and dessert OR a full buffet meal.

The packages WILL NOT include preferred seating at Illuminations this year due to that booking already being available via MDX. Start looking for packages to be available for booking early next week.:)

Remember - You can book as early as 6am online and 7am via phone (ET)

The packages WILL NOT include preferred seating at Illuminations this year due to that booking already being available via MDX. Start looking for packages to be available for booking early next week.:)

Is this definite or speculation, no preferred viewing area for Illuminations? Also, MDX = My Disney Experience? Are you referring to the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party 180D booking for desserts/wine & the preferred viewing? That's not offered every night. Thanks!

Is that a definite change reported somewhere or do you have inside info?

Just in case anyone has trouble at 6, a few years ago (2012 I think) the packages were not available at 6, they came online at 7 on the day they went on sale.

THANKS for all the info, but disappointed to hear that it may not include the special viewing area!:confused3 Still wondering why not? :confused3

Will anxiously KEEP WATCHING!:)

The packages WILL NOT include preferred seating at Illuminations this year due to that booking already being available via MDX.
we did the dinner package Dec 2011. Did it include illuminations then? We didn't use it if it did and just found a spot. That's funny and it was 12/26. Can't wait to do it this year!

Is that a definite change reported somewhere or do you have inside info?

Just in case anyone has trouble at 6, a few years ago (2012 I think) the packages were not available at 6, they came online at 7 on the day they went on sale.

I assure you this is not speculation. I am a Dine agent. I received the email yesterday and the training was held today.

And, no, Illuminations will not be included. You already have the ability to book at FP+ reservation via the My Disney Experience (MDX).

I assure you this is not speculation. I am a Dine agent. I received the email yesterday and the training was held today.

And, no, Illuminations will not be included. You already have the ability to book at FP+ reservation via the My Disney Experience (MDX).

Cool. Thanks! One more question, a Dine CM advised me to call back on Monday; this was yesterday. Is this correct?

Cool. Thanks! One more question, a Dine CM advised me to call back on Monday; this was yesterday. Is this correct?

Tuesday. ;) Be aware that the CP packages may not open right at 7am ET. Last year it was an hour later, so just sit tight!

Tuesday. ;) Be aware that the CP packages may not open right at 7am ET. Last year it was an hour later, so just sit tight!

We booked the Candlelight Processional package last week during the 'glitch'. Everything looks legitimate about the reservation in MDE. It's my understanding that this glitch happened last year too, and Disney did honour all of those reservations. Do you think it will be the same this year?

According to Guest Services, you are correct. The reservation will be honored. You may want to call to have us verify the reservation just in case. 407-939-3463.

If someone has a regular dining reservation for a specific time which falls during the Candlelight Dinner Package times, can the "regular" dining reservation be converted to the Dining Package?

Thanks!:)

If someone has a regular dining reservation for a specific time which falls during the Candlelight Dinner Package times, can the "regular" dining reservation be converted to the Dining Package?

Thanks!:)

Other posts/threads indicate no. You will need to make a new CP reservation & cancel regular reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter