2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

2 months today we will be there, have about $150 on my rewards card that will last about an hour so better put my credit card on my magic band. Can't wait, bring on the beer flights and food. :cool1::hippie:

O yes want to add no dining plan this year just want to hit the F & WF with an empty stomach and also only going during the week, Saturdays are just to crowded.

DH and I will be there at the same time...also looking forward to the "drinking around" the world and doing during the week only too...great minds think alike !

DH and I will be there at the same time...also looking forward to the "drinking around" the world and doing during the week only too...great minds think alike !

Hey Gmom!! You're alive!! I'll be at F&W on 9/19 and on 10/24-26 for Walt's dinner!! Oh yeah, I forgot... Don't the half marathon, too!

We are visiting F&W on Friday during the day, and Sunday all day. Hoping Friday isn't bad but what about Sundays?

Sundays are usually a bit better than Friday nights and Saturdays (there may be an exception for October 12 because the next day is a holiday.)

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Premium Package Concierge areas around the World Showcase will have seating areas available?

I would love to do the Premium Package! But, DH and I don't drink anymore so it's really a ton of money for the packages to waste 2 bottles of wine. I asked if they could substitute a couple of six packs of non-alcoholic beer, but they said they can't make substitutions. So bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

the premium package looked interesting but I haven't yet seen a consensus yet if its per room (you get two bands)or per person

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Premium Package Concierge areas around the World Showcase will have seating areas available?

the premium package looked interesting but I haven't yet seen a consensus yet if its per room (you get two bands)or per person

I believe the "per person vs. per room" question has been answered: it is per person.

I haven't seen any definitive info on locations of these ten areas, whether there will be seating, or whether you can use your four days over two calendar weeks (e.g. Wed & Thurs of one week and Mon & Tues of the next).

I am hoping we will see some early reviews after the festival starts in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

Goody bag: per person.

It's a little more vague on the timing for the areas but it appears to be a chronological week. Like mine starts on Tuesday. It can be used until the following Tuesday (except on the weekends.) The last day you can reserve a full chronologial week would be November 3. Since weekends don't count, you should start one prior to November 6 to get any use out of the areas at all.

To reserve the premium package you must have a Tuesday or Thursday available because that's when the Late Night Live event is. I saw someone somewhere who tried to reserve one when they were only staying Friday through Monday and they were not permitted to book it.

Looks like the last Late Night Live is November 6, but if you're going to start a package on November 6 it might be good for the VIP areas only on November 6 itself and Monday November 10. I don't think you HAVE to be starting on a Tuesday or Thursday, you just need to have one during your trip. I could be wrong about that one.

As far as I know, nobody is yet able to determine if there will be seating in the VIP areas. (If there is, it's going to be another question as to whether there will be enough of it.)

I thought it was one week, Mon-Thurs only? Not start on Thurs of one week, and finish on Wed of the next...? Or is it?

Prior to Disney allowing us to cancel our PP res. the supervisor I dealt with went to the "organizers" and confirmed that there will NOT be seating. They then called us back and allowed us to cancel since we had been "misinformed" that there would be seating.

I believe the "per person vs. per room" question has been answered: it is per person.

I haven't seen any definitive info on locations of these ten areas, whether there will be seating, or whether you can use your four days over two calendar weeks (e.g. Wed & Thurs of one week and Mon & Tues of the next).

I am hoping we will see some early reviews after the festival starts in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

see my reply to the earlier post. We'll be arriving on the 24th of Sept. I will be seriously peeved if it turns out that there is seating avail (although less annoyed than I would have been had we kept the res. believing that seating would exist only to find none at all)

the folks on the phone have no idea if there will be seating or not. And who knows if they really talked to the organizers.

I thought it was one week, Mon-Thurs only? Not start on Thurs of one week, and finish on Wed of the next...? Or is it?

I have spoken to a CM friend who has some well placed friends. It was suppose to be the week you registers for only. So if you get there on Thursday you get Thursday only. They may change that but no guarantees

As for seating. Depends on the day and "plan du jour". Final call may not be made until mid September. Another unknown is food delivery. The big issue is booths like France and Mexico that are run by the restaurants not owned by Disney.

Overall it sounds a little disorganized (or take the money and then figure our what we offer)

I asked her about the beer rumor. She started laughing but admitted she had heard nothing about this.

I'm trying to reserve a seat online for one of the food seminars. The one I chose is on a Tuesday. I'm signed into my MDE account which has my annual pass linked to it but it does not show the AP discount. Do I have to call for the reservation in order to receive the AP discount?

I'm trying to reserve a seat online for one of the food seminars. The one I chose is on a Tuesday. I'm signed into my MDE account which has my annual pass linked to it but it does not show the AP discount. Do I have to call for the reservation in order to receive the AP discount?

Yes you have to call to reserve at the discounted price.

Two questions about the seminars....
1. How early can you pick up your tickets for the seminars?
2. We have a party of six and would all like to sit together, how early should we be for the seminar? (it's on a Saturday.)

I went to one last year, but I was solo so it didn't really matter...

Thanks!

Two questions about the seminars....
1. How early can you pick up your tickets for the seminars?
2. We have a party of six and would all like to sit together, how early should we be for the seminar? (it's on a Saturday.)

I went to one last year, but I was solo so it didn't really matter...

Thanks!

1. Unless they change things you can pick them up all day.

2. If it's a celebrity chef i would say you need to be in line to enter no later than a half hour before start time. If it's not a celebrity you may be able to shave some time off that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter