• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Ok, I understand now. You did say 2 with hopper to 5 myw. Thought you were just saying exactly that. Not keeping hopper and adding days. I don't see why they would not let you add days if you are keeping the hopper. :)
Yeah, that's why I didn't think dcmouse was given correct information by a CM.

I think you're right. Anyone with little kids take advantage of the park hopper? You can ride the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, right? Any other good strategies for getting from one park to another quickly (and maybe without folding up strollers? ;)
Oh sorry, dcmouse. I'm figuring this out now. You wanted to know if you could drop the park hopper right? Duh. Silly me.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine who missed out on free dining just told me she got a tip on Facebook that more rooms were released. She called this morning and the person she talked to hadn't heard about it, but sure enough, she got it!

I think you're right. Anyone with little kids take advantage of the park hopper? You can ride the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, right? Any other good strategies for getting from one park to another quickly (and maybe without folding up strollers? ;)

We always have used the park hopper, and really enjoy it.

Magic Kingdom to Epcot is a breeze on the monorail, if it isn't crowded you can roll the stroller right in and you can also take the boat between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. (Exit/enter through Epcot International gateway rather than main entrance.)

We loved PH when the kids were wee ones because they wouldn't last at Animal kingdom all day and always wanted to visit Hollywood studios nearly every day! Haha .... We love it today with tweens and teens because sometimes the kids will want to hit MK early before a planned evening at Epcot, or return to MK for wishes after spending the day in a different park and dining at a monorail resort restaurant. They still also like to visit HS after a morning at AK as well. We don't always use it every day, but it is a really nice thing to have. Once you've gotten it, you would miss park touring without it.

I just cancelled a free dining reservation for Dec. 15-19 in a standard CSR room. No idea if or when it will go back in the system but hopefully someone can use it.

Anyone that has waterparks and more tickets for November/ December, I just got off the phone a while ago with a CM that put me on hold to find out which waterpark would be refurbed during this time, and it turns out it will be TL. Blizzard beach will be the one open during this time frame.

The site has been really flaky again last night and today. Trying to modify existing reservation and everything is fine until the final check-out page. Then I am getting the "payment method" error again.

The site has been really flaky again last night and today. Trying to modify existing reservation and everything is fine until the final check-out page. Then I am getting the "payment method" error again.

I was getting the same thing for the longest time, and I realized why it gave me that message.

You are most likely signed into your MDE/Disney account on another browser on your computer and maybe even on your phone. If you want to make changes to your Res, I would suggest go and logging out of your MDE/Disney account from your phone and other browsers on your computer. Otherwise Disney doesnt know what you want because you are logged in in so many places it cant keep track of want you want or what you have changed.

Worked like a charm for me! Just make sure you are only logged into one place and it should work :)

Hope this helps some :)

So i've been stalking this thread since page 1, prepping for our first onsite visit in Nov. We were going and staying at CBR either way but FD was icing on the cake. Had to change our dates by a few days and upgrade room but very excited to book FD. Checked multiple times/day for the last two weeks to rebook our original dates and was finally able to earlier this week, and go back to a standard room. Score! Then yesterday I get a nice email from Disney staying that it was time to book my ADRs. How did I miss this with all that planning!?!? After my nice reminder, I was able to book everything I wanted except CP before RD, which wasn't all that important, but i'll keep checking anyway. :-)

We just switched from a preferred room to a standard room for our December stay at CBR. I've been checking multiple times every day and I was really starting to think that no standard rooms were going to open up. This knocks $700 off the room, and will go a long way towards covering the cost of food for the extra days we are there without the dining plan, plus maybe even a car if we want one. So, woo hoo!

I'm so excited. I just can't hide it.....I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!! (does that age me?)

In today's mail was my UOC for RO at my preferred resort which is not offered during the time I am there in the FD.
So I just saved $436!!!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Super happy! Now I can breathe!!!

In case anyone else is looking the beach club opened up more garden-view rooms for fd this morning. Have been stalking my dates since free dining went live and it's been unavailable. I was able to snag a room only offer at best which took me a long time to find. What a mess this roll out has been. I called my TA to give her the heads up and she was able to lock in my modification. Talking to her she said it's been the worst two weeks and she thinks Disney may be backpedalong a bit on their rollout of the fall offers. I am super happy because even adding the PH I am saving over $200 with the switch from RO (paying for dining), and now the best thing is I can stop constantly checking and know what I'm planning for now!!!

After all of the craziness it seems like so many rooms were opened today! Hope everyone is getting what they want! Grateful for this group and all of the advice!

Guys is this free dining really worth it? I checked POR-R for Oct 2nd - Oct 12 (10 nights) and website quoted $3700 USD.

Isnt POR in and around ~200 a night usually, so 2000 for the room, your telling me its 1700 for the park hopper? (It would only be me and wife going)

Are they quoting a Parkhopper ticket for 2 people? 4 people? 1 person?

Also if you wanted to go to universal for a couple days I wonder if this starts to not make as much sense..

Last edited:
Guys is this free dining really worth it? I checked POR-R for Oct 2nd - Oct 12 (10 nights) and website quoted $3700 USD.

Isnt POR in and around ~200 a night usually, so 2000 for the room, your telling me its 1700 for the park hopper? (It would only be me and wife going)

Are they quoting a Parkhopper ticket for 2 people? 4 people? 1 person?

Also if you wanted to go to universal for a couple days I wonder if this starts to not make as much sense..

That quote will also include park tickets for you both for 10 days. You would have to go further along with the quote to change number of days you want park tickets for. The hopper is a set price per person no matter how many days, about $68 a person I believe. Also the standard rooms are about 189 a night. Their are room that cost around $250 per night. So it also depends on what type or room you have selected. When I looked right now, only the Royal Guest room were available for your dates. So average price starts at $240 a night for Standard View Royal Guest room. And that does not include taxes (about $300). Then about $780 (I believe) for your two sets of 10 day tickets, which you can always shorten some and $136.32 for 2 park hoppers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter