• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

2016 rates have not been released. You can do it over the phone.

Thank you! I don't want to call yet because I don't want to bother them for something that may not even happen. We are going September and I am hoping maybe we can get a bounce back offer for June. We love going in September but the kids are starting to get too old to take out of school.

I've had to book all my dining by phone! I can't get into the site to book anything. It's very frustrating! Im trying to get a dinner reservation for Ohana on November 19.....so far there is nothing available. I just keep trying. Is anyone else trying for something they can't get at the moment? Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

I think I hit the UOC jackpot. LOL
I just got my 3rd UOC in the mail. This one is for summer so I can't use it anyway, and it's the same that I already got a while ago. But I think it's funny. I'm glad I got the UOC for the Fall and that is over.

Today's is trying to promote the summer and saying "more pixie dust". LOL Well I'm sorry but Florida in the summer I don't think I would find pixie dust unless they want to give me a bigger discount than "up to 30% off and hopper upgrade". They have to pixie dust me a lot more than that to deal with the summer heat down there. Besides flights are not in my favor anymore.

But I do find it funny to be getting more offers.

I've had to book all my dining by phone! I can't get into the site to book anything. It's very frustrating! Im trying to get a dinner reservation for Ohana on November 19.....so far there is nothing available. I just keep trying. Is anyone else trying for something they can't get at the moment? Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

I have been trying to get several reservations for a client that week (16-21) and half of what they wanted wasn't available even at the 180 day mark. I had a client checking in five days later and I got everything they wanted. I don't get it. Hang in there! I have hope that it's just something wonky with that week :)

Any ideas on if this is it for the free dining for 2015? I would really love to go the first week of December, but I only want to go if there's free dining. Right now we are booked for mid-September with the free dining. Thanks!

Geesh....this thread has really slowed down since the big fall free dinning announcement. It's a little disappointing...it was just so exciting. I'm still having problems reserving dinning online. I can check to see what's available, so that's good, but I can't reserve online. I check twice a day for any openings. I'm trying to book Ohana for November 19th, with no luck so far. We did get pretty much everything else we wanted at reasonable times. We did book something for the 19th just in case we can't get Ohana. Are folks still trying to book their favorites? Are you having good luck?

Geesh....this thread has really slowed down since the big fall free dinning announcement. It's a little disappointing...it was just so exciting. I'm still having problems reserving dinning online. I can check to see what's available, so that's good, but I can't reserve online. I check twice a day for any openings. I'm trying to book Ohana for November 19th, with no luck so far. We did get pretty much everything else we wanted at reasonable times. We did book something for the 19th just in case we can't get Ohana. Are folks still trying to book their favorites? Are you having good luck?
I still have one I'm trying for and have not had any luck. But I'm looking several times a day and hoping one shows up. I had good luck last time at around 45 days..guess from people cancelling their trips and ADRs. :confused3

I think I hit the UOC jackpot. LOL
I just got my 3rd UOC in the mail. This one is for summer so I can't use it anyway, and it's the same that I already got a while ago. But I think it's funny. I'm glad I got the UOC for the Fall and that is over.

Today's is trying to promote the summer and saying "more pixie dust". LOL Well I'm sorry but Florida in the summer I don't think I would find pixie dust unless they want to give me a bigger discount than "up to 30% off and hopper upgrade". They have to pixie dust me a lot more than that to deal with the summer heat down there. Besides flights are not in my favor anymore.

But I do find it funny to be getting more offers.
:rotfl:I also got this one and laughed!

After reading another thread....I found out that many people make multiple reservations for the same restaurant on different days and sometimes....more than one reservation on the same day....just to be sure to get something they want and coordinate with their fast passes. So...I guess you just have to keep watching for the restaurants you want. Good Luck everyone!

So hopefully things should start opening up 60 days before our trip, once the FP+ are booked. Then people should start cancelling their extra ADRs. I got all the restaurants I wanted, I just have a couple of times I'm hoping to tweak. Not the end of the world if I can't though. Hopefully my times all work with my FP when I book them! I only booked the ADRs I wanted, no 'extras', as I don't really feel right holding extra ADRs when others can use them.

Has anyone in the parks now noticed if the new Dinning Plan Guidelines are in effect? Can you give us some examples of how you used your credits?

Has anyone in the parks now noticed if the new Dinning Plan Guidelines are in effect? Can you give us some examples of how you used your credits?

I'm curious about this too. I'm kind of excited for the change. Last time we went we wound up with a few TS credits we couldn't use, because we cancelled a ressie last minute. Being able to convert them into a snack would've given us something at least and not been as much of a waste.

Does anyone know if the to go sundaes and Beaches and Cream are considered a snack now?

I'm new and hoping someone can help me figure out my how to fix this... I booked a trip with free dining for 9/26 to 10/2 at POR for 2 adults and 2 teens. Thinking that adding days wouldn't be an issue I got flights for 9/25 to 10/3. I called and was told there is no availability at all for those 2 extra days. Am I stuck staying off property for the first and last days of our trip. Is there any hope of getting my reservation changed. Thanks so much for any and all advice.

Southwest is having a sale. Not sure if this will help anyone. Our flight to florida went way up soon after it was released. It's now back down to only $16 more than what I booked.

Southwest is having a sale. Not sure if this will help anyone. Our flight to florida went way up soon after it was released. It's now back down to only $16 more than what I booked.
Yeah, thanks for posting. I got the $ 16.00 as a credit. Every bit helps. The flights the Saturday after Thanksgiving are ridiculous right now. I got mine first thing the morning they came out and got a reasonable deal. Good luck to you all!

I'm new and hoping someone can help me figure out my how to fix this... I booked a trip with free dining for 9/26 to 10/2 at POR for 2 adults and 2 teens. Thinking that adding days wouldn't be an issue I got flights for 9/25 to 10/3. I called and was told there is no availability at all for those 2 extra days. Am I stuck staying off property for the first and last days of our trip. Is there any hope of getting my reservation changed. Thanks so much for any and all advice.
I actually am staying at POR 9/25-10/3 with free dining. Check back everyday for availablility.. If nothing comes up, you can always book without dining for the extra days (so 9/25 and 10/3). POR shouldn't be sold out for those dates! just sold out of the free dining offer.

I saw that our flight prices going to Florida went down. We got a $32 credit for DS's ticket and 4,100 points for mine and DH's tickets that we purchase with points.

I actually am staying at POR 9/25-10/3 with free dining. Check back everyday for availablility.. If nothing comes up, you can always book without dining for the extra days (so 9/25 and 10/3). POR shouldn't be sold out for those dates! just sold out of the free dining offer.
Thanks, I called today and still no luck. I'll keep trying.

Thanks, I called today and still no luck. I'll keep trying.
Is it that they couldn't offer you rooms at another Disney resort room only for the first and last day, or is it the pricing didn't work?
We did off site the first and last day one year, and it worked nice because it was a change of environment, cheaper and less crowded at the pool.
BUT we also had our car to do so.
You could stay off site and go to another park for the day. Those parks have nice hotels near them too.

I'm not trying to take away from the Disney experience, but trying to paint an Orlando experience picture to maybe help with the disappointment.
What time are your flights? If they don't give you a full day at the resorts anyway, it might be worth staying at the Hyatt right at the airport. Then you don't have to rent a car and can still use Magic Express to get back and forth from the resort to the airport.

I think a lot of people book and end up canceling for one reason or another. A lot of times flights definitely make a different. But yes it is harder to adjust your Resort stay based on the flights you end up with. There are ways to make it fun. I try to at least. Life is too short and best plans can be messed up if the adventure isn't embraced.

Hope it ends up being the best vacation ever.

pixiedust:

The southwest sale released yesterday is their anniversary sale which is the best sale of the year so make sure check your flights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter