2023 Fall Itineraries are out

I feel like the fact the Magic only moves over for a few months suggests a closer to home option for the Wonder. I'm thinking Hawaii for October-November and then the normal riviera cruises personally. Why would they not leave the Magic over that side for longer and give options if the Wonder was really going to Australia for all that time?
There’s nothing that the Wonder can do in Hawaii, it would have to visit a foreign port and Hawaiii is far from everything.

Six months of Riviera cruises aren’t selling this year (and they’re super cheap too) so it makes sense to do a shorter season from SD.

There’s nothing that the Wonder can do in Hawaii, it would have to visit a foreign port and Hawaiii is far from everything.

Six months of Riviera cruises aren’t selling this year (and they’re super cheap too) so it makes sense to do a shorter season from SD.
Yes but it could still do Hawaii itineraries with a foreign port like it has previously. I just think it would be weird to have not left a ship on the west coast and bring them all back to the east. Even if they aren't selling well, having 4 ships on one coast seems a little bit excessive to me. I could be wrong but that's my thinking - although I personally would love to be wrong and have it go to Australia! What an amazing trip that would be.

Yes but it could still do Hawaii itineraries with a foreign port like it has previously. I just think it would be weird to have not left a ship on the west coast and bring them all back to the east. Even if they aren't selling well, having 4 ships on one coast seems a little bit excessive to me.
Castaway Cay and the Bahamas/Caribbean are what most families are looking for in a warm weather cruise. There's just so much more for families to do there than at Mexican Pacific ports. Unless you live on the west coast, it makes sense to choose the east coast cruises because they offer more experiences. As someone who lives in the middle of the U.S., it's an easy choice for me which way to fly for the best cruise. So it makes total sense for Disney to keep the ships on the east coast, where there is more demand.

Hawaii requires very expensive airfare for most Americans, so unless the Hawaii cruises were round trip, they would be a big expense for families. And if those cruises were round trip, they would be so long that most families wouldn't be able to schedule it.

Just wouldn't be profitable for DCL, hence their keeping the ships on the East coast most of the year.

Last edited:
Yes but it could still do Hawaii itineraries with a foreign port like it has previously. I just think it would be weird to have not left a ship on the west coast and bring them all back to the east. Even if they aren't selling well, having 4 ships on one coast seems a little bit excessive to me. I could be wrong but that's my thinking - although I personally would love to be wrong and have it go to Australia! What an amazing trip that would be.
I think she will head across the Pacific as there would be no point taking the Magic through the canal just to bring the Wonder through in the other direction.

I’d love to do a cruise hitting the three Asian parks tbh, even though I’ve been to two of them 😂 Just Shanghai to go.

I’d love to do a cruise hitting the three Asian parks tbh, even though I’ve been to two of them 😂 Just Shanghai to go.
I don't see that happening any time soon. Japan isn't currently allowing foreign tourists without Japanese chaperones, China basically isn't allowing foreign tourists at all, and China and Hong Kong both require visas for American tourists, which add time and money to the cost of the cruise. Besides that, such a cruise would have to depart from somewhere in Asia, which requires an expensive trans-Pacific flight for Disney's American audience. Besides, you can't really do the parks in one day, so this would have to be a rather lengthy cruise.

Still, I do think that it'd be a fun adventure!

My husband and I are considering the WBPC. We’ve always wanted to do it, and. I finally have a job where I can take that much time off, and we want to do it before we have to take our son (almost four) out of school. Him being so young is a concern but he will hopefully love the kids club. 🤞
DO IT! Saying this as someone who will now probably have to wait another 20 years before I can do Panama Canal. Definitely wish we'd made that happen before our son started kindergarten (thanks pandemic!). I'm sure your son will have a great time and probably get lots of personalized attention at the kids club since I hear those itineraries don't get many children.

I think she will head across the Pacific as there would be no point taking the Magic through the canal just to bring the Wonder through in the other direction.

just to clarify wasn't suggesting wonder came back to east coast. I agree though I’d love to do the three parks. I’ve done Hong Kong but I don't think most places over that area have reopened fully to tourism yet. I know 23 is a long way off just not sure if it would impact things. Shanghai travel wise its Easier on a cruise so would be great - was booked on one in March but Asia didn’t open up in time so cruiseline cancelled

I don't see that happening any time soon. Japan isn't currently allowing foreign tourists without Japanese chaperones, China basically isn't allowing foreign tourists at all, and China and Hong Kong both require visas for American tourists, which add time and money to the cost of the cruise. Besides that, such a cruise would have to depart from somewhere in Asia, which requires an expensive trans-Pacific flight for Disney's American audience. Besides, you can't really do the parks in one day, so this would have to be a rather lengthy cruise.

Still, I do think that it'd be a fun adventure!
I’m not expecting this to be for this year or anything. Just something I would hope they do in the future.

Does anyone know if the WBTA is a popular choice?

We have silver day booking but because of work I won't be able to call until the afternoon.

Just need to know if I need to pick a back up option or would we still have a pick of cabin choices?

We can't book or hold a room online because for some reason it doesn't register our castaway status and we just end up in a loop. Plus we have a placeholder to use.

Our plans are all thrown out by the move round of the ships and no option for the wonder.

I think you’d be fine unless you want concierge or a specific room. Nothing has sold out on day 1 recently.

I think you’d be fine unless you want concierge or a specific room. Nothing has sold out on day 1 recently.
Thank you!

Concierge! I wish. We'd probably never be able to afford that and if we ever could I have to hold it for the wish because that's the only way to get a rapunzel art work in the room.

We're aiming for inside midship but outside of that no specific room requirements. Thank you for giving some reassurance though!

Does anyone know if the WBTA is a popular choice?

We have silver day booking but because of work I won't be able to call until the afternoon.

Just need to know if I need to pick a back up option or would we still have a pick of cabin choices?

We can't book or hold a room online because for some reason it doesn't register our castaway status and we just end up in a loop. Plus we have a placeholder to use.

Our plans are all thrown out by the move round of the ships and no option for the wonder.

it’s popular but not likely to sell out that quickly no. The prices might rise a bit but you should be ok

DO IT! Saying this as someone who will now probably have to wait another 20 years before I can do Panama Canal. Definitely wish we'd made that happen before our son started kindergarten (thanks pandemic!). I'm sure your son will have a great time and probably get lots of personalized attention at the kids club since I hear those itineraries don't get many children.
Well my in-laws might actually come too??? We didn’t think my FIL would be able to take that long off, or that my MIL would even want to do that cruise, but apparently they are interested! Which would be great for us, haha.

Sure, it's not impossible. But PC cruises have been rare lately, this will be the first one on the Magic (I think?), and platinum folks seem to always take the concierge rooms on the unique cruises.

Still, you never know! It might work out for your this time. And if you don't want to sail concierge (starting at $17k!), then you probably don't have much to worry about. You'll get a room.
Wow, all Concierge Family Oceanview staterooms for the WBPC are sold out. There are 5 1 BR suites remaining as I write this. And both 2BR suites, and both Royal Suites

Now the 2BR suites are gone. All that's left is the Royals and 5x 1 BR suites

Last edited:
Wow, all Concierge Family Oceanview staterooms for the WBPC are sold out. There are 5 1 BR suites remaining as I write this. And both 2BR suites, and both Royal Suites

Now the 2BR suites are gone. All that's left is the Royals and 5x 1 BR suites
Keep checking. A lot of those might be placeholders that end up not following through.

How's the EBPC doing?
I’m curious about how availability is for that one in regular verandah categories. I’m looking to potentially book this but won’t be able to til after my b2b on the wish in September. Hopefully there will still be some 5Bs or 5Cs or 6As.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter