2024 Moonlight Magic

I am so excited to try to get into our first MM this year! We've been members since 2019 : ) We'll be trying for Typhoon Lagoon for June 4th: ). I'm off of work on May 2nd so I'm ready!

We'll be trying for that one too...

The dates are pretty bad for us since the June event is a few days before our Aulani trip and the July date is right after our WDW 4th of July trip, but I was able to grab a studio for the June date so we'll give it a shot :)

Has anybody received an email or anything for Moonlight Magic for Typhoon Lagoon? Early registration supposedly starts tomorrow and I haven't seen anything 🤔

Has anybody received an email or anything for Moonlight Magic for Typhoon Lagoon? Early registration supposedly starts tomorrow and I haven't seen anything 🤔
We got a flyer in the mail, but no times when you can try to book. Pretty much the same information that's on the web site.

I just came to the Disboards to see if anyone had heard anything. We haven't received anything yet!

Yay! I got the registration email too :dogdance:.

Now my question is, which Member ID do I enter? My blue card member ID or the member ID that my actual reservation is under, which is a resale contract... I don't want to get denied because I don't have a valid reservation under my direct membership, and I don't want to get denied because my other membership is a resale.

So which membership number should I use? :confused:

Now my question is, which Member ID do I enter? My blue card member ID or the member ID that my actual reservation is under, which is a resale contract... I don't want to get denied because I don't have a valid reservation under my direct membership, and I don't want to get denied because my other membership is a resale.

The one for the actual reservation, although I believe if you enter the wrong number, it will just prompt you to retype it.

Pretty certain you'd put in the resale membership number since that's the one that has the reservation attached to it. I've had this exact question before and I'm pretty certain that's what I've been told on here. Although I am yet to book a night of Moonlight Magic with my resale points thus far so I haven't had any problems. Let us know which one it takes tomorrow!

This won’t work. If you have two membership numbers and one doesn’t have a direct or grandfathered contract, you won’t be able to register if you booked your hotel with that membership.

This won’t work. If you have two membership numbers and one doesn’t have a direct or grandfathered contract, you won’t be able to register if you booked your hotel with that membership.

I was told the same by member services, but that seems incorrect. The system seems to recogize you as a DVC-Y member regardless of which membership/contract you use to book the DVC stay. See for example this post in a related thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-registration.3942097/post-65447440

The fact that @MamaKate got the email, probably also indicates that the system recognizes that her resale points reservation qualifies for the event. You only get the email if you have a qualifying stay.

The one for the actual reservation, although I believe if you enter the wrong number, it will just prompt you to retype it.

Pretty certain you'd put in the resale membership number since that's the one that has the reservation attached to it. I've had this exact question before and I'm pretty certain that's what I've been told on here. Although I am yet to book a night of Moonlight Magic with my resale points thus far so I haven't had any problems. Let us know which one it takes tomorrow!

I'll follow up tomorrow with what happens :thumbsup2

Then why would they send me the email saying I have a qualifying reservation and I can book tomorrow...

I was told the same by member services, but that seems incorrect. The system seems to recogize you as a DVC-Y member regardless of which membership/contract you use to book the DVC stay. See for example this post in a related thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-registration.3942097/post-65447440

The fact that @MamaKate got the email, probably also indicates that the system recognizes that her resale points reservation qualifies for the event. You only get the email if you have a qualifying stay.

I'll follow up tomorrow with what happens :thumbsup2

Then why would they send me the email saying I have a qualifying reservation and I can book tomorrow...
Hopefully it works for you guys. Maybe they have changed it but my understanding is that a membership is like a person or a separate entity, whereas one membership can have a variety of contracts that define it.

Hopefully it works for you guys. Maybe they have changed it but my understanding is that a membership is like a person or a separate entity, whereas one membership can have a variety of contracts that define it.

My reservation actually happens to be with direct points, but it's purely coincidental; I wasn't planning it that way - just what was left over.

My reservation actually happens to be with direct points, but it's purely coincidental; I wasn't planning it that way - just what was left over.
Do you have 2 memberships? We have one membership and have both direct and resale contracts within the one membership— it doesn’t matter what contracts we use to book reservations. There are some advantages to having two memberships, however.

Someday I’m going to have to test this myself and just book a 1BR at SSR for one night with my resale membership and then cancel the reservation afterwards. Probably at a park that has 2 dates so I can prevent the points from going into holding

Someday I’m going to have to test this myself and just book a 1BR at SSR for one night with my resale membership and then cancel the reservation afterwards. Probably at a park that has 2 dates so I can prevent the points from going into holding
I am confused. Do you guys actually have more than one membership? Or do you just have both direct and resale contracts? Because it doesn’t matter which contract you book with if it is under the same membership. Most people only have one membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter