30th birthday. Staying at the Contemporary. This isn't going to end well.

12 days couldn't come sooner. I swear people are getting stupider by the day.

Yesterday I get a call...
"Stay smart, blah blah blah, how may I direct your call?"
"Reservations."
"How can I help you?"
"*city name*"
"I'm sorry?"
"I need to know if you have a hotel in *city name*"
"I'm not sure, but I can check the website."
"Don't you have a book or something you can look in?"
"No ma'am, holiday inn doesn't print books anymore, but it will just take a second for me to check the website."
"Oh."
"I'm not seeing anything in *city name*."
"Well try *other city name*"
"I don't see anything there either."
"Well this is ridiculous, you're a holiday inn."
"Yes?"
"Can I speak with a human being?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Can I speak with a human being?"
"I'm the only person working right now."
"Oh, fine. *click*"

This afternoon I get another call, and instantly they cut me off with
"I need to get to *church*, if I'm driving on *street*, what direction do I turn onto *other street* to get to *church*?"
"Well, *street* and *other street* don't intersect, so you can't turn onto *other street* from *street*."
"I know that, but what direction do I turn?"
"As I stated, you can't turn from *street* onto *other street*, *street* and *other street* are 3 blocks between one another."
"You're not listening to me, what direction do I turn onto *other street* from *street*?"
"Where are you right now?"
"At *street* and *street 3*"
"Turn left onto *street 3* and then left onto *other street*"
"But I need to know what direction to turn from *street* onto *other street*."
"Left. Turn left."
"Thank you. *click*"

I need a vacation soooooo bad.

2 days, 18 hrs to go. I've been working 12 hour days this week. I have, however, made close to $100 in tips in 2 days and almost NEVER make tips otherwise. I have Thursday off and we leave Friday morning. I. am. exhausted. I've given up on trying to plan, I've given up on packing extra crap that I may or may not even need. I'm just ready to go and have FUN!

Happy Birthday!!
Enjoy it

Thanks! :)

I was very very very tempted to order myself a custom cake (haunted mansion themed, vanilla cake w/ strawberries and custard filling), but I decided I would be good and not spend the money. :(

BTW, most updates while I'm at WDW will be via facebook, so if anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM and I'll get you my info (not that I'm hard to find). ;)

Clothing, yes. Everything else, no. Came home tonight after working 9-9 today, and my cat comes crawling onto my lap and proceeds to lick me for 15 mins... apparently she can tell I'm going on vacation. She never wants to cuddle otherwise. Need to go to sleep though since I'm working 7-7 tomorrow (or 7-5 if I can duck out early).

Happy birthday! It always make me smile real big when I hear people are celebrating milestones in their life at WDW. There is truly no better place on this planet for celebration.

Have a wonderful time, and go hug Mickey. :goodvibes:

Safe journey! Enjoy the visit and Happy Birthday! Hope your new year is filled with only good things!! :flower3:

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. Just over 24 hrs 'til we land in Orlando. It's going to be mom's first real trip anywhere, she's only flown once before and that was to/from Chicago for a work thing and was out in the morning and back in the afternoon. I've explained how everything works to her a couple times now, tsa wise and southwest airlines wise. I'm very very very ready to be down there and having fun.

Mickey-Mouse-Birthday.jpg

Anyone wanna come take my TV away from me so I *HAVE* to finish packing? less than 18 hrs 'til we leave.

YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE PACKING MANDATE!!!! :scared1:
The mandate CLEARLY states you must be packed IN FULL a minimum of 12 days prior to departure. :sad2: This does not bode well for you.

Happy Birthday anyway! ;)

Happy Birthday and have a safe trip - I'll keep an eye out for you.

The mandate CLEARLY states you must be packed IN FULL a minimum of 12 days prior to departure. :sad2: This does not bode well for you.

Happy Birthday anyway! ;)

So I guess I shouldn't tell you that I'm leaving Saturday and I haven't started packing yet. :rolleyes1 Am I driving you crazy with my free-form trip style?

yah :guilty: I usually try to be packed much earlier than this, but with mom going along I'm constantly having to ask her if she's packed everything I've told her to, and she's constantly asking me what she can/can't take, if I've packed X yet, and then she grabs my stuff and says "we shouldn't need this." :headache:

Happy Birthday and have a safe trip - I'll keep an eye out for you.

So I guess I shouldn't tell you that I'm leaving Saturday and I haven't started packing yet. :rolleyes1 Am I driving you crazy with my free-form trip style?

YOU, stop tormenting me! :headache:

yah :guilty: I usually try to be packed much earlier than this, but with mom going along I'm constantly having to ask her if she's packed everything I've told her to, and she's constantly asking me what she can/can't take, if I've packed X yet, and then she grabs my stuff and says "we shouldn't need this." :headache:

And YOU need to print off a copy of the Master Packing List appropriate to the current season and work from that. If your mom tries to deviate from the list you should slap her hand. Lovingly, of course. :rolleyes1

YOU, stop tormenting me! :headache:

And YOU need to print off a copy of the Master Packing List appropriate to the current season and work from that. If your mom tries to deviate from the list you should slap her hand. Lovingly, of course. :rolleyes1

Send me a copy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter