$4.19 a gallon

RvUsa

<font color=blue>John, the special Dis'r formerly
Yep thats right, we paid $4.19 a gallon for diesel when we got back into pa today! On the way down, we filled up in pa before we left for $3.53 ish, and our first fill up on the road was in WV. It cost us $3.89, so on the way home we figured we would bypass WV and wait till pa to fill up, So when we left Wytheville, Va this am we filled up for $3.68, and made it to pa on fumes! As we went through WV we were smiling, fuel was $3.89 to $4.09 and we were thinking, hey we are some smart cookies!!! WRONG!! With prices like this, we won't be using the new TT much this summer. :(

John

Yes don't you just love the price of diesel. We have 2 diesel trucks. I just traded in my wifes 01 dodge diesel for a 05 dodge diesel. I wanted another one with the old 5.9 engine. She is geting 23 mpg on the highway. My ford is nowhere close to that. I might try and find me a 06 dodge. Diesel is $3.69 a gal. here. The new laws have really screwed up diesel trucks.

We are going down the end of the month, I now have a fuel budget of $1800.00 round trip. :sick:

We are going down the end of the month, I now have a fuel budget of $1800.00 round trip. :sick:

OUCH

Sadly i have no camping trips on the calender yet mainly due to gas prices, seriously considering selling the trailer, but with those prices i can't imagine to many people wanting to get into this type of vacation travel.

... but with those prices i can't imagine to many people wanting to get into this type of vacation travel.

You wouldn't know it by the number of people attending the RV shows this year. The few I attended seemed more packed than last year.

Gas is $3.04 here and Diesel $3.84 what happened to the days of diesel being cheaper than gas? we have decide to keep our trips within 2 hours of home. and will probably cancel Branson in June. wait to see about the Fort in Sept. sometimes fuel prices will come down right before an election.

Yes don't you just love the price of diesel. We have 2 diesel trucks. I just traded in my wifes 01 dodge diesel for a 05 dodge diesel. I wanted another one with the old 5.9 engine. She is geting 23 mpg on the highway. My ford is nowhere close to that. I might try and find me a 06 dodge. Diesel is $3.69 a gal. here. The new laws have really screwed up diesel trucks.

My 07 Dodge still has the old 5.9...doesn't require ULSD. The new 6.7 engine requires it tho'

what happened to the days of diesel being cheaper than gas?

I hear ya there!! When we got our excursion in 04 we were just rubbing it in about how much less we were paying for diesel! I guess I might as well have put my foot in my mouth!!

Heres a good question..

Isnt Diesel a by product from gas? I have no clue but I have heard that somewhere!! If it is then that would mean that we are paying more for leftovers! That would be really messed up!!

My 07 Dodge still has the old 5.9...doesn't require ULSD. The new 6.7 engine requires it tho'

Yeah I knew a few 07 still had the 5.9 but none are for sale around here there are a few 06 but I like a long bed and most are short beds.

I hear ya there!! When we got our excursion in 04 we were just rubbing it in about how much less we were paying for diesel! I guess I might as well have put my foot in my mouth!!

Heres a good question..

Isnt Diesel a by product from gas?
I have no clue but I have heard that somewhere!! If it is then that would mean that we are paying more for leftovers! That would be really messed up!!

NO

Go to http://www.science.howstuffworks.com/oil-refining5.htm

Scroll down and you will see that Diesel comes from oil before Gas.

Just a little information....that $4.19/gal diesel is from oil that was futured at around $100/barrel and right now oil futures are $107.83/barrel.

I think what she meant was it's not as refined as gasoline. Diesel doesn't take as much to refine so therefore shouldn't cost as much. I have heard this ultra low sulfur has caused a huge increase for the oil companies. Not sure how true, but that's what I'm getting.

You hit the hammer on the nail!! Thanks for explaining it better then I did!! :thumbsup2

Well, I just filled up at the local station that is always the cheapest around here. It was $4.09. I think I am going to put the truck up on blocks in the back yard, and buy a yugo!!!

Well, I just filled up at the local station that is always the cheapest around here. It was $4.09. I think I am going to put the truck up on blocks in the back yard, and buy a yugo!!!

That is just sad!! DH just told me he paid $3.85 a gallon this morning so I guess we are lucky!! :scared:

what happened to the days of diesel being cheaper than gas?

Oh, I'm sorry! That was problably our fault :lmao: :rotfl2: After years & years, we finally broke down and bought a diesel pickup (in October). And ever since, have watched the fuel skyrocket! :sick:

LOVE the truck. 2008 Ford dually .... but the gas mileage is HORRENDOUS. 12 mpg highway and 10 mpg when towing. I am NOT a happy camper (so to speak). :rotfl: I don't know what they did to the engine in this year's model, but it should be recalled on fuel efficiency alone! (all these years, DH has been telling me how better the mileage is with diesels) blech!

Right now, I'm liking the "up on blocks in the backyard" idea! Hello, Yugo?

I about barfed when I went into town last night and saw diesel was $3.89 ... it'll probably be over $4 by the weekend. :sad2:

I have the exact same truck, and it averaged 8.5 mpg on this trip, but our TT is probably a little heavier than yours. It weighs about 12k loaded. I love the truck, but HATE the mileage and the problems with the dpf burn.... Wish I kept the 03, it got 15 towing, and around 19 empty.

Our truck gets 12 MPG. Darrell has a trip to Bristol this weekend. I guess I need to up the gas budget...Kinda makes me ill:sick:

Good friend of mine has a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins 5.9 and get 19+ around town and 13 to 16 towing.

Just to clarify my response regarding Isn't diesel a by product from gas, in the cracking of oil, diesel comes before kerosene and then gas. Since gas comes after diesel I have read explanations where gas is considered a by product of diesel.

We lucked out this trip - DH had to be at a conference in Orlando last Wednesday, so his work paid for our fuel as it was the same as a flight & 2 night's hotel accommodation costs.

We paid between $3.09-$3.39 for gas on the trip back yesterday. My 2000 Expedition did around 9.3 miles/gallon so not bad for a "petrol"!

Bex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter