4 half days - mid-morning/afternoon entry itinerary help!

liamthompson

Earning My Ears
I'm considering the 2 day + 2 free ticket offer on the last week of Feb. I've promised my husband that if we go, we will take it easy and NOT rope drop every day and walk 8 miles lol. Aiming for half days at the park - 10am-4pm, after 1pm, or the dreaded rope drop mornings. Itinerary help please! There's a bunch of sample itineraries for rope dropping but I'm not sure how to prioritize attractions for mid-morning entry or afternoon entry.

I've been to universal before but my husband has not. I love the harry potter stuff, roller coasters, shows, and just walking around and looking at the theming on the buildings. The 4D stuff makes me sick so am planning on skipping except for the HP stuff and skull island (new to me). My husband can handle the 4D stuff so my plan is for us to split up so that he can do those while I hang out and watch all the HP shows while drinking butterbeer :)

For hotels, I've priced both aventura and portofino but will make decision based on whether or not express pass is needed. Otherwise, will use single rider line.

Download the UO App for wait times, and play it by ear. Or, if you have EP and it's not a super busy time, just play it by ear. You can walk on most rides most times with single rider lines (except the 2 seater coasters & occasionally Gringotts if the regular line is also long).

I think you can't find itineraries because there really aren't any. If you are at the parks an hour or 2 before close, you will also find nice short lines and minimal crowds for leisurely exploration.

If it were us going the last week of February (before spring break crowds get crazy) we would book Aventura and play it by ear. With 4 half days 2 adults that are willing to split up and use single rider lines be fine getting to all your must do’s. Hagrids will be the only ride you really need to plan. You could always purchase the 1 ride express pass one day if it’s really needed. Use the money you save to have some great meals.

February- it’s Mardi Gras time at Universal. Studios side will have food booths sort like a mini version of food and wine and a nightly parade where they throw beads . There are concerts on the weekends. Not much planning involved for Universal. I treat the 2 parks as one big one. Use the single rider lines where available especially if you’re splitting up. Do the shows like Bourne, Make up and Animal Actors as mid day fillers.

If it were us going the last week of February (before spring break crowds get crazy) we would book Aventura and play it by ear. With 4 half days 2 adults that are willing to split up and use single rider lines be fine getting to all your must do’s. Hagrids will be the only ride you really need to plan. You could always purchase the 1 ride express pass one day if it’s really needed. Use the money you save to have some great meals.
Yeah when looking at the price difference between aventura and portofino, my first thought was also "that is a lot of $$$ for good eating!"

Download the UO App for wait times, and play it by ear. Or, if you have EP and it's not a super busy time, just play it by ear. You can walk on most rides most times with single rider lines (except the 2 seater coasters & occasionally Gringotts if the regular line is also long).

I think you can't find itineraries because there really aren't any. If you are at the parks an hour or 2 before close, you will also find nice short lines and minimal crowds for leisurely exploration.
Thanks for the tip about 1-2h before park close not being busy. This seems like a good strategy for earlier close times (7pm) and allows for a more leisurely morning.

February- it’s Mardi Gras time at Universal. Studios side will have food booths sort like a mini version of food and wine and a nightly parade where they throw beads . There are concerts on the weekends. Not much planning involved for Universal. I treat the 2 parks as one big one. Use the single rider lines where available especially if you’re splitting up. Do the shows like Bourne, Make up and Animal Actors as mid day fillers.
oh I totally forgot about the mardi gras events. I remember seeing ads for this a few times but didn't pay much attention. I just checked the food offerings for last year - this is definitely a reason to book aventura and indulge in all the snacks instead.

Reactions: AJA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter