4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

The towel issue gets me everytime. They need to papertowels in the rooms so people can clean up animals messes. Who would want to use a towel (i dont care how many times its washed) after someone has cleaned up feces and urine with them??? I hope for all that is good that if a cast member comes across these feces laden towels that they throw them away instead of putting them in the giant washer.

OMG! What would they do with feces covered towels? If it stinks they wouldn't want to keep it in the room. Leave them in the hall like a tray of food? No one would actually do that right? Disney must have thought of this and will put some type of doggie poo genie like they have for diapers, right? This is making me gag just thinking about it.

OMG! What would they do with feces covered towels? If it stinks they wouldn't want to keep it in the room. Leave them in the hall like a tray of food? No one would actually do that right? Disney must have thought of this and will put some type of doggie poo genie like they have for diapers, right? This is making me gag just thinking about it.

Hopefully if all the dogs are in a certain area of the resort they can put some of those disposal doggie bag dispensors around there for people to use.

...I don't think we're there yet...

Long term, I'm looking at morning/evening tickets at magic kingdom and MGM...

"Morning magic" 9-4 $80
"Twilight magic" 4-11 $90
"One day all Inclusive magicalastic combo pass" $155

...what a deal...

Unfortunately I believe you are correct. Fast passes to get into the park you want 180 days out. 1/2 day hoppers, all day hoppers. I liked the it pre magic your way . You stayed at the resort you bought a length of stay with your room and you could hop anywhere you want. Oh the good old days

Ummm...yeah...to everything...

Hopefully if all the dogs are in a certain area of the resort they can put some of those disposal doggie bag dispensors around there for people to use.

There are bags and drop stations at the Pet Relief areas (pictures below). They appear to be nice drop stations hopefully with a "seal" like diaper genies. I can tell you that bagging poop and not putting it into a sealed container in Florida quickly leads to gagging smells. We resolved this at our FL home by purchasing a diaper genie (I laughed because those didn't exist when my kids were little so it is my first) and leaving it on the screened porch. It is a miracle worker.

BUT since I have great doubt most dogs will even get to the relief area, even if the folks are carrying bags and scooping, they will not take them where they belong or to their room (gross) they will drop them in the random trash cans around property ... that are wide open and it is going to smell wicked.

Basically they just seem to be grassy areas to which they have added a few poop cleanup bins. This is next to the outer wing of Acadian House (building 80) at Port Orleans Riverside:

View attachment 277488

View attachment 277489

View attachment 277491

Andre

There are bags and drop stations at the Pet Relief areas (pictures below). They appear to be nice drop stations hopefully with a "seal" like diaper genies. I can tell you that bagging poop and not putting it into a sealed container in Florida quickly leads to gagging smells. We resolved this at our FL home by purchasing a diaper genie (I laughed because those didn't exist when my kids were little so it is my first) and leaving it on the screened porch. It is a miracle worker.

BUT since I have great doubt most dogs will even get to the relief area, even if the folks are carrying bags and scooping, they will not take them where they belong or to their room (gross) they will drop them in the random trash cans around property ... that are wide open and it is going to smell wicked.

Just keep it to the dog areas of the resorts I won't be staying at....

Dvc owners like to think they have an ironclad agreement...

Are you kidding? The way that contract is written they can change anything they want. You can sue them...in orange or Osceola county, Florida...

...good luck.

Here's what I have seen (first hand)

So they had one early "hybrid" dvc built - boardwalk - and then they did two add ons to existings...

In BOTH add on cases...they diverted keepers from the original and took on net zero new housekeeping costs - more or less - after increasing rooms through dvc. It was negligible. That's "money for nothing" in the hotel biz.

At conversion spots...like the poly specifically and wilderness...you have to think that's a reduction...cha-Ching!

You're moldy towels sitting on the balcony for 4 days saves them lots of cash.

The fact they avoided dvc for dogs...and there has GOT to be a market for the southern belt that drives...tells me they still spend nothing on dvc housekeeping and haven't figured out the shell game to do extra cleaning yet. You can't have dogs in rooms and not clean them for 3 days at a clip.

It's not a court injunction...it's common sense.

The DVC thing you all may be missing is that money generated at the resort in the way of collected fees goes to the kitty that funds the resort-- so contract schmontract--- Disney wouldn't make any money from it..... or they would have to cheat to do it.....

The DVC thing you all may be missing is that money generated at the resort in the way of collected fees goes to the kitty that funds the resort-- so contract schmontract--- Disney wouldn't make any money from it..... or they would have to cheat to do it.....

If that's the case the kitty gets larger and can be used for long term maintenance projects like painting , Pool ......

If that's the case the kitty gets larger and can be used for long term maintenance projects like painting , Pool ......
And cleaning up after dogs? Sure it would get larger but it doesn't benefit disney's wallet--- So it would have to be approved by the DVC management people and DVC members.... nothing to do with the regular resort coffers...

I'm missing that?

I've told people for a decade what the point of dvc is...cause i know what the stated point of dvc is.

To lock people in on the secondary spending. That's it. It's not a money up front real estate development or a dues cash cow. Never was, never will be.

POR - was my favourite before we bought DVC, and sure DVC means most of the time we wont have to worry about this, but when we go on cash, we go to POR. Dropping this on people is only a small part of the problem, though I have appreciated how much that concern has been validated here. The fact that Disney has been doing everything it can to cut back on housekeeping lately, means they wont take extra steps to clean after these animals. I mean, what if someone with a Dog also opts into the "wave your housekeeping to save $15/day" thing ??? On top of that ... the grounds. The grounds are one of the things we loved the MOST about POR, loved walking through the grass, sitting down and enjoying the space and the atmosphere, now, if you are down wind from a dog poop place, ugh. Or as you walk through the grass, you will constantly have to be wary of dog crap. I worry about that at parks at home, I don't want to have to worry about that at WDW, when I am paying 200 - 300 a night for a hotel room. I mean, if I had any reason to think disney would hire more people to monitor the grounds, and make sure the errant dog pile wasn't left in the grass for the next passerby to step in, or inquisitive child to pick up ... I might be ok with that. But lets face it, they wont. You know people are going to be taking their dogs for walks down to POFQ from RS ... you know those dogs are going to relieve themselves all along the way, and whether intentional or not, that stuff is going to be left behind for some unsuspecting individual to stumble upon. Just gross. Perfect way to ruin a day, or more, of your vacation, all so a slim wedge of guests can pay just a few dollars more to the disney coffers to leave their pets in a strange room for up to (and lets face it more than) 7 hours at a time.

POR - was my favourite before we bought DVC, and sure DVC means most of the time we wont have to worry about this, but when we go on cash, we go to POR. Dropping this on people is only a small part of the problem, though I have appreciated how much that concern has been validated here. The fact that Disney has been doing everything it can to cut back on housekeeping lately, means they wont take extra steps to clean after these animals. I mean, what if someone with a Dog also opts into the "wave your housekeeping to save $15/day" thing ??? On top of that ... the grounds. The grounds are one of the things we loved the MOST about POR, loved walking through the grass, sitting down and enjoying the space and the atmosphere, now, if you are down wind from a dog poop place, ugh. Or as you walk through the grass, you will constantly have to be wary of dog crap. I worry about that at parks at home, I don't want to have to worry about that at WDW, when I am paying 200 - 300 a night for a hotel room. I mean, if I had any reason to think disney would hire more people to monitor the grounds, and make sure the errant dog pile wasn't left in the grass for the next passerby to step in, or inquisitive child to pick up ... I might be ok with that. But lets face it, they wont. You know people are going to be taking their dogs for walks down to POFQ from RS ... you know those dogs are going to relieve themselves all along the way, and whether intentional or not, that stuff is going to be left behind for some unsuspecting individual to stumble upon. Just gross. Perfect way to ruin a day, or more, of your vacation, all so a slim wedge of guests can pay just a few dollars more to the disney coffers to leave their pets in a strange room for up to (and lets face it more than) 7 hours at a time.

Well .... housekeepers will not enter the rooms with the dogs in there, the guest must come back or be in the room in order to get housekeeping, I assume taking the dog out to walk while it's done. Since I'm sure coordinating this might be difficult it may be that there will be no housekeeping until they check out. My guess is that offer will not be given to them, since it may happen naturally.

Reports are that during Irma the onsite housekeeping and outdoor custodial were not too pleased with the additional work they had from the dogs. I wonder if they were consulted on this.

Well .... housekeepers will not enter the rooms with the dogs in there, the guest must come back or be in the room in order to get housekeeping, I assume taking the dog out to walk while it's done. Since I'm sure coordinating this might be difficult it may be that there will be no housekeeping until they check out. My guess is that offer will not be given to them, since it may happen naturally.

Reports are that during Irma the onsite housekeeping and outdoor custodial were not too pleased with the additional work they had from the dogs. I wonder if they were consulted on this.

Theses rooms won't be cleaned...the housekeeping system is not built for it.

People will be out all day...because there's a pretty good chance those bringing theirs dogs are multiple if not MANY times travelers and will be out most of the day huffing dust in the parks...
...then they'll come back and 9 and think the room can be cleaned or something?

Housekeepers are below minimum staff levels by 5 o'clock...it's just duty managers and "pick up" cms that spend their time emptying trash cans by the pool when there isn't an emergency. That's how it's run. Period.

Just keep it to the dog areas of the resorts I won't be staying at....

I planned on starting a new thread explaining what has led to my conclusion of why my family WILL NOT be staying @ dog friendly resorts but my attempt was unsuccessful. I’am assuming bc I’m so new to forum; However, thought it was very important to share my story so here it goes.

Yesterday evening my sweet, innocent 3y/o daughter was attacked by a dog in which we are VERY familiar with and happens to live next door w/ my sweet neighbors. I, as a middle aged woman, have never witnessed a dog attack neither my husband and now that I have, I hope to NEVER experience or put ANY of ur children at risk of experiencing EVER!!!

The scene itself was witnessed by neutral individuals while my daughter and I prepped our front yard for Fall. She was helping me place flowers n the spots a 3 year old would consider “perfect” and enjoying seeing kids get off the bus as they returned from school when all of the sudden a dog comes running out from somewhere (I cannot recall bc it happened so fast) and launches towards her face and bites North to South puncturing her face while narrowly missing her eye. I’am the 1st to admit my children are far from perfect, but regarding this particular incident, the dog is 100% @ fault. We spent the entire night n the hospital. Plastics attended to her face, sutured it up, and we are now on the road to healing and recovery. We feel very blessed her injuries weren’t any worse; however, the the next child may not be so fortunate! The surgeon reiterated how extremely lucky Elle was that she did not lose her eye.

My family LOVES animals! We are pet owners. I was truly up n the air regarding the whole controversy surrounding “pet-friendly” resorts but now, not so much! I will OPPOSE Disney’s plans from this day forward.

Additionally, the dog responsible for her wounds is a medium sized weenie dog that escaped its owner for a only a split second! I’am trying to post 2 photos but no idea what to do and what I’m doing is not working. These children are going to the “happiest place on Earth” and to even think twice about how this could happen to any of them at Disney, a place they fill is perfect, is 1 to many times.

Kindest regards☺️!

I planned on starting a new thread explaining what has led to my conclusion of why my family WILL NOT be staying @ dog friendly resorts but my attempt was unsuccessful. I’am assuming bc I’m so new to forum; However, thought it was very important to share my story so here it goes.

Yesterday evening my sweet, innocent 3y/o daughter was attacked by a dog in which we are VERY familiar with and happens to live next door w/ my sweet neighbors. I, as a middle aged woman, have never witnessed a dog attack neither my husband and now that I have, I hope to NEVER experience or put ANY of ur children at risk of experiencing EVER!!!

The scene itself was witnessed by neutral individuals while my daughter and I prepped our front yard for Fall. She was helping me place flowers n the spots a 3 year old would consider “perfect” and enjoying seeing kids get off the bus as they returned from school when all of the sudden a dog comes running out from somewhere (I cannot recall bc it happened so fast) and launches towards her face and bites North to South puncturing her face while narrowly missing her eye. I’am the 1st to admit my children are far from perfect, but regarding this particular incident, the dog is 100% @ fault. We spent the entire night n the hospital. Plastics attended to her face, sutured it up, and we are now on the road to healing and recovery. We feel very blessed her injuries weren’t any worse; however, the the next child may not be so fortunate! The surgeon reiterated how extremely lucky Elle was that she did not lose her eye.

My family LOVES animals! We are pet owners. I was truly up n the air regarding the whole controversy surrounding “pet-friendly” resorts but now, not so much! I will OPPOSE Disney’s plans from this day forward.

Additionally, the dog responsible for her wounds is a medium sized weenie dog that escaped its owner for a only a split second! I’am trying to post 2 photos but no idea what to do and what I’m doing is not working. These children are going to the “happiest place on Earth” and to even think twice about how this could happen to any of them at Disney, a place they fill is perfect, is 1 to many times.

Kindest regards☺️!

So sorry about what happened to your daughter, I hope you have a magical vacation!

Kindest regards☺️!
I'm so sorry this happened to your sweet daughter.

Dvc owners like to think they have an ironclad agreement...

Are you kidding? The way that contract is written they can change anything they want. You can sue them...in orange or Osceola county, Florida...

...good luck.

Here's what I have seen (first hand)

So they had one early "hybrid" dvc built - boardwalk - and then they did two add ons to existings...

In BOTH add on cases...they diverted keepers from the original and took on net zero new housekeeping costs - more or less - after increasing rooms through dvc. It was negligible. That's "money for nothing" in the hotel biz.

At conversion spots...like the poly specifically and wilderness...you have to think that's a reduction...cha-Ching!

You're moldy towels sitting on the balcony for 4 days saves them lots of cash.

The fact they avoided dvc for dogs...and there has GOT to be a market for the southern belt that drives...tells me they still spend nothing on dvc housekeeping and haven't figured out the shell game to do extra cleaning yet. You can't have dogs in rooms and not clean them for 3 days at a clip.

It's not a court injunction...it's common sense.

Yes, from reading this post, with references to Disney's spending on DVC house keeping, it seems you were missing this point. ---- they don't spend anything on DVC house keeping, and regardless of any decision about dogs, never will because they have no part in the transaction. Including revenue from dog rentals.

So yes--- Lump all of the speeches together and I wouldn't think you would miss this, but from the direction of the post quoted, it seems you did. and whoever else you were discussing it with.....

We ll as I posted on another thread, I have that in a condo complex, there are rules and people ignore. The drifting poop smell thing has been going on since I moved here. Lady by pool lets her dogs out un attended(first rule break) and they poop next to pool fence and doesn't pick up(#2 rule break) and 4 years later still yet another note on the doors of condos about "cleaning up after dog and dogs must be on leashes" it is in the HOA contract and in last letter UNDERLINED and in bold print Ha Ha 1st warning(and I am sure they have all been warned before) "Anyviolation thereafter, the dog/cat will be removed from the premisies by the ********** County Animal Control. We will see. This is the way it goes and I have only been here 4 yrs. Can you just imagine with Disney being in charge of their high paying guest inforcing this??????????????? This is going to get ugly for us guests/DVC owners and I love dogs by the way but do not want them sharing my vacation. And down here in Fl, I HAVE NEVER SEEN so many dogs, they even travel around with them in strollers. I remember that first time I saw that in town thinking it was a baby I have never seen that and there were quite a few. I was stunned

And down here in Fl, I HAVE NEVER SEEN so many dogs, they even travel around with them in strollers. I remember that first time I saw that in town thinking it was a baby I have never seen that and there were quite a few. I was stunned

It's Children of Men (the book) come to life. People say 1984 is a must read (and it is), but so is this book in 2017:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter