4th of July at the Fort

we'll be coming from ct and staying from 6/27-7/6. we have requested loop 1600. we are currently debating the pros and cons of I 95 vs. I 81, what have you guys decided to do?

This is my first time driving there. We're taking 95 the whole way stopping overnight at a KOA in SC. Im not familiar with the other route.

MB Macs - what a great banner!

We'll be on the look out when we arrive on the 1st. It's going to be a great 4th at the fort.

Myself, my wife , and our 2 daughters will be arriving @ the Fort on Friday June 29th, and leaving Sunday July 8th. Just wanted to see who else will be there for the 4th of July. We are staying in the cabins, hopefully near the back pool. Bringing the golf cart and looking forward to some sort of parade on the 4th. Would love to meet up with some others who will also be there. Been there many times around the 4th, but never on the 4th. Plan on just staying in the campground that day. If you are going, tell the thread when you will be there.
Ditto! We'll be staying in the cabins at FW from the 29th until the 8th and we're all very excited! Renting two cabins to accomodate our whole family! What's going on in the Fort on the 4th of July? I didn't know there were any events, what's all this I hear about a parade?! Sounds like fun!

Does anyone know where the best fireworks happen on the 4th? Should we go with MK or Epcot? How about the best seating? Let me know! :)

Well, Fed Ex came today and delivered the banner. Below is a picture of it. Think it will be mounted on the front of our cart. If the 2nd one arrives, we will hang it from the balcony. Also have some green Mickey heads(did you know they make about 4 shades of lime green Mickey heads?) Going to get some more Mickey heads, going to put a few of them on the banner and leave them in the cup holder on the cart.If you see the cart and banner, and want a few Mickey heads, feel free. Also going to put green bulb into the Mickey lamp post we built.
4thbanner.jpg
Ooh! I'm so excited, I'll definitely be on the lookout for the banner and say hi once I found out when and where this parade will be....

Hi! this is Peggy the better half of MBMACS..LOL

I just called the bike barn and they still don't have any info on the 4th of July parade. They told me to call back in a few days and hopefully they will have all the specifics on time, registration etc.

Ditto! We'll be staying in the cabins at FW from the 29th until the 8th and we're all very excited! Renting two cabins to accomodate our whole family! What's going on in the Fort on the 4th of July? I didn't know there were any events, what's all this I hear about a parade?! Sounds like fun!

Does anyone know where the best fireworks happen on the 4th? Should we go with MK or Epcot? How about the best seating? Let me know! :)

We will be watching the fireworks from the beach @ the Fort, not planning to leave the Fort on the 4th. Fireworks @ MK are 9:00, not sure, but hoping boat parade still happens.popcorn::..Glad everyone likes the banner, glad we finally got it.

Glad to see you finally got your banner..... We ordered more crap for the 4th to hand out today......

Glad to see you finally got your banner..... We ordered more crap for the 4th to hand out today......

Can never have too much crap to hand out, just hope some bodies are there to take it.:banana:

we can throw our crap to you, and you can throw your crap to us, lol

Remember the MK previews fireworks on the 3rd (great from the Poly beach) and MGM only has fireworks twice a year 4th of July and NYE). Those would be my choices after staying at the Fort.

Well the truck got cleand today, inside and out, the trailer got washed as well. The cart got washed and waxed, topped off the fuel. Took apart and packed up the Mickey post. Charging the marine battery for the cart decorations. Peg wil pick up some last minute items and finish packing. Gona load up the cart on the trailer Wednesday evening, and get it all ready to go. Leaving Thursady evening, breakfast @ Trails Ends Friday morning......:cool1:

We are headed out of CT towards the Fort at about noon today. Hope we see some of you down there.

I was reading through and saw a lot of you will be there the same time as us. We will not be there the 4th but will be there June 28 - july 1st! tent camping.

If you are planning to shoot Firework at FW good luck Disney and Orange County sheriff will be all over you after the first blast. See you all there Be the Sunday!!!!!!!!

we're leaving friday morning to go to hillsborough river state park for three days then we'll be at the fort monday afternoon ,hope to meet some of you. everyone drive safe and we'll see you there.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...........Peg got info today concerning the 4th @ the Fort.......Registration applications for the cart parade begin Friday @ the bike barn,,,,,,they did not give her the exact time.
10 to 11 Sidewalk Chalking
11:30 to 12 Pinata@ Pool bar
1 to 2 Sand Castle Building Contest
2:30 to 3:30 Braclet & Glider Crafts
3:30 to 4:30 Balloon Toss
5:30 to 6 Watermelon Eating Contest

They didn't give her the location but I figure most might be at Meadows pool, just glad to finally know what will be happening.:dance3: :cheer2: :rotfl: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :goodvibes :banana: :woohoo:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...........Peg got info today concerning the 4th @ the Fort.......Registration applications for the cart parade begin Friday @ the bike barn,,,,,,they did not give her the exact time.

Make sure y'all post pics of the parade for those of us at home!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter