5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

YAY Mike - CONGRATULATIONS!!

Looks like the Scubas will see an Atlanta Winter Wonderland! :eek: Raining now, but snow's on the way for later today. :yay: Our joy will be short-lived as the roads turn to ice by this evening. :headache: We'll be in the teens overnight. :cold:

We're still hoping to make it over to the Gwinnett Center to see Lisa compete.

40 degrees w/windchill temps of 32 and rain. Unexpected bonus this morning. The lacrosse tournament is canceled for this weekend. It's tough to be upset for the teams when I'm snug in bed, drinking coffee, dis'ing on the laptop when I would have been volunteering in the concession stand at 8:00am.

Now we only have Mike's double header basketball games today, originally scheduled at the same time as Maggie's lacrosse games. I'm glad we won't miss the games this weekend. There will be enough dividing and conquering this season, anyway...

Scuba Family ... pack warm clothes! It's going to be cold ... :cold: . We're expected to get 2-4" of snow Sat. afternoon/evening.

Good luck to Lisa!
Ang

The kids are excited.

Matt and I are going out for a run right now. Hopefully it will snow and not rain on us.

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE C O L D ?????????????????????

no snow on the ground

BUT we have S N O W squals??? (spell check)

windy and cold here.

only had the horses out for about 3 hours today.

there were ALL at the door waiting to come in.

have a good night all.

gaRRy

Not cold yet - dive cancelled - seas rough - weather horrid!!!

Hedgie and Iwalked the race for the Cure yesterday - well, more like strolled, well, more like shuffled.....wonderful crowds.

LAter..

I am so sick of global warming. 3 inches of snow in South Mississippi???

http://www.sunherald.com/185/story/311125.html

And today I woke up and it was 1 degree with a wind chill in the -12 range.

I don't know how much more of this warming trend I can take.

So true! (I think Al Gore 'invented' global warming during the same hallucinogenic evening that he 'invented' the internet...)

It's about 55 and windy here... which is exactly the same as the weather I experienced LAST Sunday, 1400 miles NORTH of here!!! Good day to be inside and watch my Patriots! (Watching my Bruins right now... it does feel like hockey weather!!) It was about 72 yesterday afternoon... til the front came through with horrendous rain, tornado warnings, and a 30 degree drop in temperature!

Supposed to be 80 on Thursday, though.

Only going to get to 61° here today and our furnace (less than 1 yr old!) decided to not work. By morning, it will probably only be 40° in the house! :cold: Will have to let the dogs sleep with us to keep us warm.

Ummm I wish I could feel for you there Miss Arizona but I drove in to work at -3 this morning and my poor Coleen was at home with no water.

BUT enough about me...............

How are you Stace, seems like forever since I yakked at ya. I hope you are all well. Say hi for us

Squid

It was 19 degrees when we left Atlanta this morning. It was funny to watch Lisa walk to the car at 6 am and experience the Cold. And she is the one that wants to go to school in Michigan.

I thought we were coming hope to warmer weather. Kiki is right, it is cold and windy.

Atlanta is down. Now it is time to plan for our diving this weekend in Gainesville. I hope it warms up. Glad I have a dry suit!

The next trip after that is Chicago, why all the cold places? Once we get the times finalized we will let some of you know.

Chiming in on wishing luck to Lisa! And in on the Greek to me about the gymnastic moves. I did understand the "pirouette" part, dancer Mom here.

Well, even the pirouette is different in gymnastics. It's not on the toes. It is a move done on the uneven bars. Think of your hands being on the bar, and your body straight up from the bar, your hands turn your body in a pirouette.

Anyway, no more greek from me. Lisa did well. She improved her score and only fell once. She has a couple of weeks off before her next meet, so hopefully the beam will be "kinder" to her at the next meet. Her beam is actually quite beautiful, but a fall mars it. We saw a lot of girls fall at this meet for some reason.

It was 19 degrees when we left Atlanta this morning. It was funny to watch Lisa walk to the car at 6 am and experience the Cold. And she is the one that wants to go to school in Michigan.

I thought we were coming hope to warmer weather. Kiki is right, it is cold and windy.

Atlanta is down. Now it is time to plan for our diving this weekend in Gainesville. I hope it warms up. Glad I have a dry suit!

The next trip after that is Chicago, why all the cold places? Once we get the times finalized we will let some of you know.

We'll try and warm things up before you get here! :)

Woo hoo! My team AND my hubby are going to the Super Bowl... the problem with this picture is that I'm NOT!!!!!!! I worked last years, and I'll work the next 2 after this one, 'cause they're in FL, but with this one being in Phoenix, its not my region. He'll most likely be working the Pat's sidelines... lucky dog!!!!

Ummm I wish I could feel for you there Miss Arizona but I drove in to work at -3 this morning and my poor Coleen was at home with no water.

How are you Stace, seems like forever since I yakked at ya. I hope you are all well. Say hi for us

Squid

Hey you!! Great to "see" you!!
Let's see...I have on my long johns (yes, we have them for when we go to the cabin) two pair of socks, sweat pants, and a nifty WVU sweatshirt. Just wish there was a way to keep my nose warm! But all in all, doing great. Hi to Coleen, too!!

Squid

HAY small world??????????????????????????

someone told me you have TYPE A BLOOD??????????????????????

IS THIS TRUE ???????????????????????????????

gaRRy

Good Morning all.... Another cold one here. Hope that everybody is safe and warm!

Virgil
pirate:

HAY FIREPLUG

don,t think I ever said congrats on moving up.

I'm slooooow

so hope you liked it.

by the WAY I move up in JUNE

it will be MR then.

really its been a long time and you have my sempathy staCey is really 1 of a kind.

okay must go let the babbies out its up too 10 outside so warm enough

have a good day all

gaRRy

Sure rub it in - some of us do not have Dry Suits, (like you son!!!) we will be Cold...:eek:

And speaking of cold - anyone on the thread remember my experience in shopping for a wetsuit? Well this Sunday we went out to find me a hooded vest. It is a hood attached to a sleeveless vest, made out of nyoprene, usually without a zipper - you pull the whole thing on over your heads...Well, that is the expection.

The sounds coming out of the dressing room I am sure lead some to wonder what was going on...You see Sam had to help - I got stuck, about 4 times.

I started with the "off-brand" - and men's 'cause that is how it is most of the time with gear....

So I tried a S - it went over the head, but was too loose in the body. Tried and XS - ok that does not go over the head....

Then went to the name brand.....tried the S - nope....got stuck Tried the M - nope Head too big (OK - don't post, do NOT post a reply).....

Sam tried one name brand - just one, only one - and yea, it fit....so checking out, and Sam had an idea - put a nylon hood on my head (oh great fun. Each time something goes over the head, the earring have to be taken out, and the barrettes (and clothes of course)...His point was the nylon would make the hooded vest slide over the hair - oh yeah! and I feel as if I am being garratted....

So the saleman decides to help (great fun ladies, in Scuba your fitter is often a male....)....I have on a tank under my shirt, so what the heck....in the back of the store the salesman tries to pull on the S -- Nope, ok the M - nope...by now I cannot breathe.....So off comes the hood and on goes the XL - well, it fit....my neck....but the body, well - a wee bit loose to say the least.

So we check-out - Sam with the nice, soft, thick name brand and me with the cheapee one.....

And go to another store....WOW - they have hooded vests made for ladies,,,,this should be easy.

Uh-huh - more strange noises from the dressing room and I was exhausted. Even though these have a zipper up the side, they still do not go over the head. When it does go over, the body is now too big....

We GAVE UP,

Oh, I did get a real cool:thumbsup2 (looking) dive jacket to wear above the water to sit around the campsite....

Later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter