5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
Then there was "husky"....but I think that was a strickly boy term.
It still is. We've shopped in the 'husky' sized for the last couple of years. DS went from a 10 slim/super slim to a 12 husky in a few months due to a change of medication!:earseek: We love LL Bean/Land's End for DH, but DS outgrows clothes and is so rough on them that we try to shop more 'frugally' for his clothes.

I'm watching the roofers carry more sheets of plywood in front of the patio door and am thinking of the extra $$$ it will tack onto our roofing bill, as if it wasn't high enough already...:sad2: . At least we won't have to have this done again since we're only planning on being in this house another 10-15 years at the most.

Ah, the good old days, when I could actually shop for my daughter's clothes, or order them online. She won't allow it anymore. It wasn't very practical anyway, she stopped wearing a lot of what I bought several years ago. I did pretty good last Christmas, but it was all stuff for the cruise. You know, sparkly and beaded.

I'm just hoping she has something to wear that fits when school starts Friday, without a shopping trip this week. I just spent all the back-to-school money at WDW! (but honey, you remember the sushi, don't you?)

OM, I think it is a little easier to find Slim jeans. Places like Gap and Limited Too have them, if I remember. It's not a worry these days.

scuba.mom said:
Lisa and I wouldn't recommend the bike trip in St Thomas either. It was tougher than we expected, especially for kids. Lisa is in good shape, but all of those hills were a bit much for her. Oh well, the swim at the end of the ride felt SOOOO good.

Bike trip in St. Thomas, we are there in November and trying to sort out our excusions. We love to bike, the other option is scuba - need recommendations on both.....

mickeymo said:
I'd even take a women only trip to Disney...Heck I'd even take a trip to the local hotel down the street...I'm not picky!!! :rotfl2:

One more week of summer vacation then my 9 month vacation starts :banana:

I was able to sneak away for a girls weekend at Flower and Garden, but DH was not a happy camper. I will not even suggest a girl's only cruise........ :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

However, a Spring FLower and Garden weekend might be a possibility????? :earboy2:

WDWLVR said:
No way we can swing two major cruises in one year even just for the two of us. Just don't have the $$$. I'm quite happy with our Double Scoop Cruise.

We're sticking with you guys as well. :grouphug:

We've been to WDW in May about four times now. Still don't get it, I guess it would help if I were vaguely interested in gardening. The flowers are pretty, and the concerts are nice. But give me the F&W festival any day!

justmestace said:
This is something that we were curious about at WDW....maybe someone knows the answer....kinda like trivia......why is the DOLPHIN called the Dolphin, but the statues are of a FISH???

Not sure if anyone else answered but there is a fish called a Dolphin. It became "vogue" to refer to this fish as Maui-Maui to avoid the mixup with Flipper.......oh, I hear a song coming on...

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightening, no one you see, is smarter than he......and we know FLipper, Flipper lives in a world full of wonder, flying me under, under the sea...... :rotfl:

Good song for the late night hot tub and drink with little umbrella in it!!!!

Dancind said:
We've been to WDW in May about four times now. Still don't get it, I guess it would help if I were vaguely interested in gardening. The flowers are pretty, and the concerts are nice. But give me the F&W festival any day!

Well, I agree 100% - but there would be NO WAAAAY for me to do F/W as a "girl's weekend"..... :rotfl:

whnim64 said:
We love LL Bean/Land's End for DH, but DS outgrows clothes and is so rough on them that we try to shop more 'frugally' for his clothes.

KT used to be able to get two winters out of winter clothes or two summers out of summer clothes, so the llbean/lands' end route was the way to go. The first year they'd be a little big, the second they'd just fit. Now she grows taller and taller each year so I can't keep up with the length!

Oh well, someday she'll stop growing....although I never have....each year I grow a little more outward! ;)

Dancind said:
OM, I think it is a little easier to find Slim jeans. Places like Gap and Limited Too have them, if I remember. It's not a worry these days.

KT HATES jeans with a passion. They are too confining. Too constricting. This was the girl that when she was 1 she would rip off a sock you just put on because it wasn't on "just-so." Or she'd spend 15 minutes making sure all of the "buzz" (i.e. fuzz) was out from between her toes because she didn't like how it felt.

I do have to INSIST on one pair of jeans/cordouroys or some such heavy weight pants for her per year in order to wear to OSU football games!

chip&dale&fun said:
Well, I agree 100% - but there would be NO WAAAAY for me to do F/W as a "girl's weekend"..... :rotfl:

LOL, well it would be OK. We let Jim and Virgil (and Jared) come to our "girls only" weekend at WDW just recently!

ohiominnie said:
KT HATES jeans with a passion. They are too confining. Too constricting. This was the girl that when she was 1 she would rip off a sock you just put on because it wasn't on "just-so." Or she'd spend 15 minutes making sure all of the "buzz" (i.e. fuzz) was out from between her toes because she didn't like how it felt.

I do have to INSIST on one pair of jeans/cordouroys or some such heavy weight pants for her per year in order to wear to OSU football games!

Yeah, I forget that KT doesn't have that peer pressure thing to contend with. Alicia was exactly the same way about jeans, socks, etc, she still is about her ballet tights. But she started wanting jeans in about 4th-5th grade, because that was all the other girls wore.

tchrmom said:
Scubamom............you've got to help me figure this dinner thing out! They have now changed Kelly's schedule to 4:15 to 7:45 (M,T, TH, F) and 9-1 on Sat. How do you "do" dinner?????????

Fran
:teacher:

Well, Lisa had dinner with us for a couple of years now. She goes 4:30 - 8:30 during the week. I make her buy a hot lunch at school each day and when she was in elementary school she would eat dinner at our house (microwave) before being picked up for class. With the middle school letting out so much later, we start a new routine today of packed lunchs (dinner) each evening. She will hopefully eat this in the car on her way to class. I let you know how it goes.
I hope you can work out coming to the mini-meet on Labor Day. It would be nice for the girls to meet.

My power goes out at home, and I miss a ton of great chit-chat!

I must have jinxed us with the talk of the air conditioning breaking. We had a really freak storm move through at around 4:30 yesterday and by 5:00, we had no power. Trees were down, two power poles down.
Kids and I went to Wendy's and called Jay, who was driving back from the cabin, to meet us there. It didn't come back on until 4:00 a.m.! But we lived. Watched a movie on the portable dvd player.

I had to wear the "chubby" clothes. Big surprise there. I was quite possibly the only baby ever ordered to take "diet" formula. That was back when my Mom still mixed the formula herself, and the doc said "No Kayro syrup for her"! I was a real tub.

May as well announce it now: I DID book the Sept '06 11 Night cruise.....but we will NOT be canceling this cruise! You people are stuck with me, whether you like it or not!!
And yes, it's a "girls only".......so if anyone else can see their way fit to book a room....the more the merrier!!

chip&dale&fun said:
Bike trip in St. Thomas, we are there in November and trying to sort out our excusions. We love to bike, the other option is scuba - need recommendations on both.....

Do the Scuba. The bike excursion was not very scenic for all of the up and down hills. A number of other individuals on the trip were planning to complain to their respective guest services (Passengers from 3 or 4 cruise ships were on this excursion together) to let them know that the trip was not what they had anticpated.

Now the best excursion was the horseback riding in St. Lucia - Lisa and I really enjoyed that.

chip&dale&fun said:
AMANDA - check your days - we've got two mini's going this weekend....I have you down for the Saturday, with Mark/Mary and Bear; Irene/Sam and Hedgie; Patty and family and Scoopie and you.

Amanda - You can always go to both mini meets. We would like to meet you also.

scuba.mom said:
Amanda - You can always go to both mini meets. We would like to meet you also.

Amanda - absolutely you can...Let me know - I have not made the other reservations....I was not trying to be rude, but thought your time in the parks was precious.......

scuba.mom said:
Do the Scuba. The bike excursion was not very scenic for all of the up and down hills. A number of other individuals on the trip were planning to complain to their respective guest services (Passengers from 3 or 4 cruise ships were on this excursion together) to let them know that the trip was not what they had anticpated.

Now the best excursion was the horseback riding in St. Lucia - Lisa and I really enjoyed that.

Thanks - did you do the Disney Scuba - I am on the Cokidive site now looking at what they offer.....Both seem good value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter