5 Hour Layover

IndtoMco

Earning My Ears
While we are not going to Disney for our vacation, we have a 5 hour layover (8 am-1pm) at MCO. Do you think it is possible to get breakfast someplace and be back in time? We have Pre-check. Only two adults.

McDonalds in the main concourse would be a good bet.

You have basically 2 hours to get seated, get food, eat, and leave the restaurant. Round trip transportation will cost $100 or so at a minimum, including a decent tip.

Disney Springs is out of bounds, save Earl if Sandwich (nothing is open early). Captain Cook's is a possibility.

Do you think it is possible to get breakfast someplace and be back in time?
You mean at Disney? Yes, it's possible. But not advisable.

If you mean someplace besides the airport the sure. There are a lot of family style restaurants (like Cracker Barrel) just north of the airport. An easy, inexpensive Uber ride away.

I wouldn't attempt going to WDW for breakfast. You would need to be back in a car by 11 am at the earliest. Doesn't sound like a very relaxing breakfast, IMHO. Personally, I would find a sit-down restaurant in MCO and maybe go to one of the WDW MCO stores if you really need a Disney fix.

Terminal C has also opened a 7200 square foot summer house, according to the website. I would hole up there.

Terminal C also has a small version of Homecomin'. Not sure what the breakfast offerings are but I would look into that. I would not travel to and from WDW in just a five hour window.

Terminal C also has a small version of Homecomin'. Not sure what the breakfast offerings are but I would look into that. I would not travel to and from WDW in just a five hour window.
Sunshine Diner is a whole different concept from Homecomin...it's not the same type of menu at all. More like slightly elevated diner fare. We ate there on our first trip through C and enjoyed it though.

I would not go all the way to Terminal C to eat at Sunshine Diner - it's not very good, IMHO.
I've heard it's very hit or miss. We liked our breakfast sandwiches but I deliberately stick to simple things when trying places like that for the first time.

I agree I wouldn't go out of my way for it though. And C has an embarrassment of riches as far as food options, it's a huge improvement from that sad little BK back when JetBlue was still in that old crappy terminal. Last time when I was flying home I had a drink at the Wine Bar George outpost there.

Going through MCO security is often a nightmare, even with Pre-Check. I wouldn't leave.
It really depends on the terminal, A+B are still awful as ever even with Pre but C is such a breeze that I would be letting my Clear lapse if I didn't use it all the time when flying out of Terminal 4 at JFK. There's hardly ever anyone there to the point getting to skip ahead to the front of the Pre line feels a bit silly. I'm sure that will change as more carriers move in but it's a night and day difference compared to the old terminals.

Sunshine Diner is a whole different concept from Homecomin...it's not the same type of menu at all. More like slightly elevated diner fare. We ate there on our first trip through C and enjoyed it though.

I would not go all the way to Terminal C to eat at Sunshine Diner - it's not very good, IMHO.

Good to know. I usually have already purchased food elsewhere by the time I get to that area and actually remember it's there. Guess I wasn't missing anything.

I’d be so stressed about getting back to MCO that I’d never attempt it. I’d worry we’d hit traffic, have long security lines, etc. But that’s just me…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter