$5 package charge at non convention resorts?

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
Hi, sorry if this has been answered. I searched the site and couldn't find an answer on point.

Looks like the mouse is possibly charging $5 for acceptance of all packages (Amazon, etc) shipped to the front desk. This is separate and apart from the conference resort package fees (was hit with that one in 2011 at Boardwalk, never did it again).

Was planning on amazon food/goodies and Office Depot water purchase for our trip next Saturday (Polynesian)... we did it last year no problem. However, wouldn't be worth it if $5 is tacked onto every package.

Has anyone experienced this yet? The site said "may" be charged. Read other places that said it's a pilot for pop century and aoa so perhaps it hasn't hit the dvc resorts yet?

Any info is much appreciated!!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

Last edited:
That is an interesting link. Considering how many people are shipping items because of luggage fees it would not surprise me that the resorts are getting overwhelmed with packages that need to be stored for upcoming reservations. I haven't heard people posting here on the DVC boards about getting hit with a charge except for those attached to Disney Convention resort like BCV, BWV, BLT and VGF. But this month could be the real test month with all the extra packages being sent to the DVC resorts for the holidays.

I've read about people being hit with the charges at the value resorts (Pop and one other, I forgot). But remember, it's a per package (not per order) fee. So, it might not be worth it. Especially for cases of water when the resort sells those too.

That means it would be a good idea to tell Amazon to ship everything together and hope most of it goes into a single box.

Just thought of something, how do the resorts treat grocery delivery? Are you charged for $5 per bag for that?

Just thought of something, how do the resorts treat grocery delivery? Are you charged for $5 per bag for that?

I have read on a different thread that the fee is charged for bags that are delivered to the front desk. Since most grocery deliveries are to Bell Services it was believed they would not be affected.

We are having Amazon ship a few things for our Christmas stay at Old Key West. Called yesterday and guest services said there is no fee for accepting deliveries!

We are having Amazon ship a few things for our Christmas stay at Old Key West. Called yesterday and guest services said there is no fee for accepting deliveries!

Who did you call, the resort phone number, which is a call center?

I gather the charge is discretionary.... may depend on how many parcels are delivered. We usually get the odd package delivered and have never been charged.

Not discretionary, ALL packages delivered to all the resort are now charged $5 for each package. Grocery delivery in bags from the Orlando area companies are NOT charged, at least not yet.

If Amazon ships your stuff in three boxes then it's $15.

We had a box of refrigerated medicine shipped to VGF (long story). They kept it refrigerated until we arrived later that day. They did not charge us a fee, but I did tip the bellman who delivered it.

(We arrived last week, december 3rd, saturday)

Last edited:
We had groceries delivered dec 3, garden grocer. No charge.

We didn't want to chance the $5/box fee so didn't order any deliveries online via Amazon.

I can confirm that Amazon Prime Now (i.e. their 2 hour delivery service, which can include simple grocery stuff) did NOT incur a $5 charge at Coronado Spring Resort (a convention center resort). I had an order with a flat of bottled water and various other snacks/things. It got delivered to the Bell Service and I was able to pick it up without issues.

We usually have water delivered from Staples for the length of our vacation.
We will be staying 11 days in January.. so for 3 people..thats 12 bottles per day which equals roughly 5 cases of water. Will I be charged $25 for this delivery?
How much are the cases of water at the resort?

We usually have water delivered from Staples for the length of our vacation.
We will be staying 11 days in January.. so for 3 people..thats 12 bottles per day which equals roughly 5 cases of water. Will I be charged $25 for this delivery?
How much are the cases of water at the resort?

You might be charged for the delivery.

According to this grocery order form from WDW:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ons/dvc-resorts/BCV_Grocery_List_03102016.pdf

A 24 pack of Dasani water is $6.39. I plan to get one of these when I'm at BCV next year. I would think it's the same price resort-wide.

So, 5 cases would be approximately $32 + tax & FRV (redemption/recycle value that they charge?)

I can confirm that Amazon Prime Now (i.e. their 2 hour delivery service, which can include simple grocery stuff) did NOT incur a $5 charge at Coronado Spring Resort (a convention center resort). I had an order with a flat of bottled water and various other snacks/things. It got delivered to the Bell Service and I was able to pick it up without issues.

Same experience here in August

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter