50s Prime Time Cafe at HWS

I was pleasantly surprised at the food. Thumbs up to fried chicken and pot roast! Like too many WDW restaurants now, it is very, very cramped. Overstuffed and loud but not deafening (like Tusker House.)

hmm...must be the time of year. I actually find this restaurant to be one of the least cramped ones. At most WDW restaurants I literally feel like I'm sitting WITH other families or that we're so close that I feel compelled to speak to the people around me. 50's at least gives me the space to feel like I have a table to myself.

I was pleasantly surprised at the food. Thumbs up to fried chicken and pot roast! Like too many WDW restaurants now, it is very, very cramped. Overstuffed and loud but not deafening (like Tusker House.)

hmm...must be the time of year. I actually find this restaurant to be one of the least cramped ones. At most WDW restaurants I literally feel like I'm sitting WITH other families or that we're so close that I feel compelled to speak to the people around me. 50's at least gives me the space to feel like I have a table to myself.

we try to go here every trip, one of our must do places to eat. Never had a bad meal here or bad service, usually I get the pot roast or the sampler, always good, The only thing I can say negative ( and its not really a negative) about this place is the wait time past our ADR but the place is usually packed so I get it. I would rather wait for good food and service than just average food and service.

We are thinking about going to 50s Prime Time Cafe for lunch. We re doing a full day at HWS and need place to break from the heat in the middle of the day. My experience with most Disney restaurants like this is that the food is ok / good /average. And Im ok with that. We've been to all the other indoor restaurants at HWS and I need some input on this one. What is the best and worse thing to order? What are you favorite and least favorite things about this place?
We actually loved the peanut butter and jelly shake we got! Very tasty. I remember the chicken was great as well. Fun place, I really enjoy it there!

It is the favorite of the 11 year old and she has selected this as her birthday dinner on our next trip. She loves the pot roast (she is a pot roast junkie). I do no normally get desert but oh my lord that peanut butter chocolate cake is good and the girls really enjoy the milkshakes.

One of our family favorites and definitely a classic Disney experience that you must do at least once. We find the food to be really good. My favorite thing about the place is definitely the theme and the antics of some of the servers. We've had a few awesome servers over the years and then some not so great ones, still good and "served" us well, just didn't role play as much. The best food here is definitely the pot roast, meat loaf, fried chicken and the milkshakes. They have a trio you can get which has the fried chicken, pot roast and meatloaf, that's a good option if you want to be able to try them all. It's overall good/comfort food and we never leave disappointed. The bar is also a fun place to sit for couples and we've had great experiences there too when we are not with our kids. Have fun!

We went a couple of months ago and it was the noisiest place we ate on that trip. We were relieved just to leave the place. Food was mediocre at best. We didn't like it very much the first time we ate there, but thought we would give it another chance. No more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter