5th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Sept 2010

HappilyHis

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone! :wave: I'm (sort of) new here, and haven't really met anyone, so I will start out by introducing myself.

My name is Brittany, I'm 24 years old, and I'm married to my best friend, James, who is 26. We got married young, and alot of people said we wouldn't last, but here we are, still married 5 years later, and blissfully happy!

This trip is more than just an anniversary trip. We will be in Disney World from September 13th through the 18th. James' birthday is the 16th, our anniversary is the 17th, and it's both of our first time coming to Disney World. We'll be celebrating my birthday early, too, which is September 29th.

So, we've got a lot to celebrate this year!

We officially booked our trip in February, we're staying at the POFQ. Originally we had thought about the CBR, but decided the smaller size of the POFQ would better suit us, it looks very laid back - just like us!

We had also originally booked the Deluxe Dining Plan, but decided to downgrade to the regular dining plan, and then the day after that, the regular plan was announced to be free, so we took advantage of that!

The restaurants we have ADRs for are:

Tony's Town Square (First night's dinner)
Teppan Edo (Second night's dinner)
Yak and Yeti (Third night's dinner)
Le Cellier (James' birthday dinner)
Coral Reef (Anniversary dinner)

Our daily plans are pretty much centered around our ADRs...

Monday 13th: Magic Kingdom
Tuesday 14th: Hollywood Studios then Epcot
Wednesday 15th: Animal Kingdom then Downtown Disney
Thursday 16th: Epcot
Friday 17th: Either Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, then Epcot.
Saturday 18th: Winging it. :)

Our basic plan of attack is going to be to grab fast passes for the E-ticket rides, and try to ride as much as possible before it gets too terribly hot. We've lived in Georgia most of our lives, so we're used to the Southern heat. When it gets too hot, or too crowded in ride lines, we will then take advantage of the indoor shows.

We don't (think) we care too much for watching the parades, but know we want to catch all the fireworks shows. Wishes, Illuminations, and Fantasmic.

I know that compared to nearly everyone else's pre-trip reports mine is about as exciting as watching paint dry... if ONLY you could feel how excited I am on the inside.

I told my sister in law today that I am completely prepared to bawl my eyes out like a child infront of thousands of people when I first lay my eyes on Cinderella Castle.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions about how to sprinkle a little extra pixie dust on our anniversary or his birthday... please let me know!

What a great anniversary/birthdays trip! Everything sounds great so far. We liked POFQ because it was so nice and small and seemed pretty quiet.

Make sure your DH gets a picture of you bawling your eyes out! :)

You trips sounds great so far. You are going to love it and the parades too. make sure you catch Spectromagic if any.

Contrats on 5 years of marraige. You definitly have to buy the bride and groom ears and make sure you list on your ADRs y ou are celebrating you anniversary, you may get special surprises.

Great ADR's too. Teppan Edo is one of our favorites.

If you have the opportinuty go to the Mickeys Not So Scarry Halloween party. Its the best, better than the Christmas party and best parade and fireworks by far. We are going a week before you and I am bummed its not offered that week so we can go.

"Is all this really necessary? Can't we just... go?" - James, my dear husband.

"I don't see why you let this consume all your time..." My dear father.

"You're not going to have nearly as much fun. You'll miss the element of surprise." My dear mother.

"Aren't you a little too old to want to trade pins?" My brother.

"Arf!" My dear dog, Daisy.

Ok, ok. I understand I'm driving everyone crazy. The above are just a sample of things I hear from those I love on a daily basis. Yes, I have been bitten by the Disney World bug, and I do/speak/read/watch little else. Yes, even the dog gets annoyed with me when I stay up way past her bedtime to listen to podcasts or read through trip reports and blogs.

All I have to do to pipe down my husband's complaining is reminding him that he is paying a lot of money for this trip, well... by our standards anyway. And that the more I know about it, the better time he will have. :rotfl:

Truthfully, he hasn't really complained much since the day he was so upset I wouldn't answer the phone for him and sent him a text that said, "On the phone with Disney... call you later." He was very upset until I informed him on how much money I had saved us by getting our reservations changed to the free dining plan. :worship: Now, I think he truly understands why I feel the need to "stay on top of all things Disney." Others - not so much. Oh well, they aren't going!

93 days. Woo hoo! :banana:

In order to satiate my need for all things Disney, I joined Netflix and have queued up all the Disney movies... gettin'em two at a time! :happytv: I'm watching old favorites again, and getting to see the ones that I...ahem...skipped.

I also added a simply divine radio station on my Pandora radio, that plays all the classic Disney movie songs. It's helping me come up with the playlist for the cds I will be making for our mini road trip to Disney World.

Tangible things I'm working on right now for our trip:

-Designing a few T-shirts for each of us. (Pics coming soon!)
-Designing a trip record book for us. (Pics coming soon!)
-Stockpiling trip necessities. (Pics coming soon!)

I feel you!!! I love Disney and the rest of the fam (aside from our kids) just doesn't get it that into it. That's why I love the boards as a way to express my giddiness...lol If it wasnt for the kids play and eat for free promo, my dream of Disney this year wouldve been just that, a dream, thankfully it came true :woohoo: and we are going for our 11yr anniversary Sept 11-17 **so excited**:yay: We'll be at MK on the 13th and they'll have the spectromagic parade that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter