8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
how cool is this girls......?

a male version of the pirate swimsuit...

and7088.jpg

Where did you get that picture of me? :lmao:

Sign me up too!:rotfl:

Just like a swabbie - what do you expect?

and on that note

LOOK EVERYBODY LOOK! I've been visited by the tag fairy again!

YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Although as I wrote on the other thread - I wonder if I upset her/him on that last one? I think it was in reference to something on this board! Oh yes - the number posting! But that's ok - its a conversation opener! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MR/MRS TAG FAIRY: :worship: :worship: :worship: Your are so cool!

(if regulations would permit it -I'd bring you something back from the Med but we all know how those pesky rules are! ;) :rotfl: )

Congrats on the new TAG.. very nice

And on that note - I gotta finally get off these boards :sad1: and pick up DD for her appt. Later Pirates!

She's gonna wonder why I'm so giddy - Reason is - I'm going to WDW this weekend! :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

Details later!

I usually go to the McDonalds drive-thru at Norwich Airport twice a week on my way home but ONLY for a coffee or hot chocolate. In the summer that changes to a milkshake once a week.

David

During the week (if I'm in town) I stop almost everyday at McD's for a sausage biscuit and a small coffee ($2.10) popcorn::

Summary for posts 58,001 to 59,000

New CC Mailer and Cards, including
50% off coupon
Shopping
Coupons
Thrifty
Frugal
Port Pictures
Real ID
blah, blah, blah (lots of just general chat)
Magic departs for Europe (with video link)
Happy Mother's Day
Geography lesssons
The millionaire next door
Manis and pedis abound

:goofy: :ccat: :simba: :donald: :stitch: :dumbo: :sulley: :figment: :tigger: :hmghost: :mickeyjum

darthrugby sneaks in for the pirate: :banana:
Wenches: 34 Jack: 4 Swabbies: 20 Evil Twins: 1

Have you tried a McDs in the south? GRITS are on their menu. :sick: Born and raised as a yankee, I was in serious shock on my first trip "south of the border". :eek:

They also have a Southern delicacy called a Country Ham Biscuit. Of course they are both south of where I live. :sad2:

I can get one in some parts of WV when I travel there on business. :thumbsup2

PS: I LOVE GRITS! :love:

Will anyone be around September 3, Labor Day?????:confused3 We are flying in on Monday and staying through the following Monday. We had hoped to avoid the crowds in August.:rolleyes: Now with free dining ( I do like eating free) the parks will be crowded. :sad2: Maybe Todd you will still be around. :rolleyes: Andy maybe you need to stay at least over Labor Day weekend.:thumbsup2

We arrive at WDW on September 3rd for about 8 days. We're staying at the WL (DVC) and our tickets for the Pirate & Princess night on the 3rd arrived yesterday. :woohoo:

If it is like last year it will not be real crowed but it will hot and very humid! :headache:

Arlene...I've seen McDs grits in the Carolinas and Georgia. Guess there are too many yanks in Florida for it to count as the south. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We stopped at the McD's outside WDW one day last December. I ordered a sweet tea (a real Southern drink!) the snooty clerk informed me that they do not serve it. :eek:

Thanks..........going from a 15 day cruise, down to a 4 day cruise..............:lmao:

Well...

... because of unusual circumstances we went from a 7 nite voyage to zero this year. We got word someone close to us was potentially ill and in their last year. So we cancelled all travel plans for this year - and as a consulation we did book Aug 2008 voyage. In a way our approach is the opposite of yours'.

At any rate... we have good news emerging as the prognosis for the person in question is that they might have completely defeated the illness that was threatening them! And thus... we are relieved beyond description. It's truly like an unexpected miracle has occurred. This may sound oddly cryptic - but that's how it is for now.

So - I can honestly say that we all have to juggle what comes our way. Sometimes its' an easy challenge - and at other times it takes a bit of a backflip. In your case... I think the decision to relax the entanglement on the Aug 2008 voyage in favor of ensuring easier management of the college burdons is a wise one. A little bit of deferrment to lay the final stepping stones into your daughters' future is the ONLY path to take. The ship is not really gonna dissappear - and shall sail again. Every week in fact. And sooner then we can imagine there will be FOUR ships plying our planets seas. Such grand adventure awaits us all who have love sailing with the Mouse!

At any rate.... we may not substitute the vacant vacation schedule with travel this year. It looks as though we might do a modest bit of home improvement. We were thinking of installing a solar power system to our roof. It would elimenate (or at least reduce) our bill. And with predicable increases in power costs - the ROI might be less than a decade. Not to mention the green benefit we'll bring about for the next 20-40 years (asssuming the system operates that long).

At any rate... I am off to run errands and prep the castle wall for fabrication (the bunk bed). It's fully built and in use with the stairs and a mini-tower with trap door and ladder. I'm finishing the slide components with several coats of stain and a poly coat. They won't be ready to build into the actual slide for a few days. So that leaves the facade walls to build and finnish - and I'm gonna have my daughters participate in the easier to manage stages of fabrication and painting. We're using styrofoam bricks cut from styro-insulating panels attached to thin plywood panels. Which in turn are affixed to the solid bunk bed frame.

At any rate... TTFN!

Just like a swabbie - what do you expect?

and on that note

LOOK EVERYBODY LOOK! I've been visited by the tag fairy again!

YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Although as I wrote on the other thread - I wonder if I upset her/him on that last one? I think it was in reference to something on this board! Oh yes - the number posting! But that's ok - its a conversation opener! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MR/MRS TAG FAIRY: :worship: :worship: :worship: Your are so cool!

(if regulations would permit it -I'd bring you something back from the Med but we all know how those pesky rules are! ;) :rotfl: )

Congrats!

fairy-fairies-sketch-art.jpg

It's nice ta see the Tag Fairy spreading smiles all around!

And it's all the better ta see 'em shared here!

Now I really gotta go...​

Singing "All by myself ......" :dance3:

Had a wonderful time at DL yesterday. It was a beautiful but warm day. Heard this morning on the news that it was 92F in Anaheim yesterday. They are now opening the park up at 8am on the weekends now which means we have to leave home at 6:30am to try to make it for rope drop. Well we almost made it, but I would say that everybody else slept in yesterday so we had the park to ourselves for a few hours. We utilized our fastpasses so that we got to go on Buzz X3, BTM, Autopia, POTC, SW, Tea cups, Alice in Wonderland, Gadget Gocoaster all before lunch. Went over to CA (Calif. Adventure) after lunch and did a few rides. Did have a celebrity siting there at Pacific Pier game section. Snoop Dog, well I personally am not much of a Snoop Dog fan but DD and I noticed a large group of people all taking pictures of this gentleman throwing softballs a milk jars. Mr. Dog was there with his family, but seemed to be putting a show for the crowd. I wonder how he made it through the security check point. :rotfl2: Ended our day with a great meal at Story Tellers Cafe at the California Grand Hotel. By the way they had 2 kinds of :cake:. Everyone was tired by the time we left for home around 8pm.
P5060006.jpg

P5060008-1.jpg

Roger, so glad that you all had a nice day! I wish we lived closer to one of the parks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter