8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're booked on the eastern repo and have decided to spend a couple of days before at Disneyland. We've been to the world many times but this is our first trip west as a family and are total newbies to disneyland. Right now, we're stuck on where to stay around Disneyland. Does anyone have any suggestions of the hotels/motels on S. Harbor? We're a family of 8 so we're used to getting connecting rooms. We'd love to stay at one of the Disney hotels but are aware of the savings staying at the others.

Thanks in advance for the info.:)

The Desert Inn and Suites might be good for you. The B Family Suite has: This Family Suite has 2 bedrooms with 4 Queen Beds, 2 bathrooms
and 2 TV's.

The C1 Parlor Family Sutie has: This suite has 2 bedrooms with 1 ½ bathrooms, 4 Queen Beds and a living area as well as 2 TV's.

The C2 Parlor Family Suite has: This suite has 3 rooms, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 4 Queen Beds and a separate living room with a Sofa-bed and 3 TV's.

It's within walking distance to DL. The rooms are clean and you do get a continental breakfast also.

We have stayed at both hotels and like both.

Opinions please:
Bill is just not that excited about going to WDW. I am considering taking the girls by myself.
On one hand they are almost 12 and almost 9. 8 yo very mature, 11- not so much.
They know WDW very well but 11 yo tends to be a wanderer. We have lost her at WDW and the State Fair. Very scary.
I would work them very extensively with either walkie-talkies or cell phones before hand and make sure we all have one.
They get along like typical sisters. Every day has its ups and downs.
Oh yeah- MiL threw a fit cause we were taking oldest DD during the time they usually go to tennis camp so now I am looking at Memorial Day weekend. Insanely crowded. I know.
My 1st choice would be to take younger DD only since her lowest grade is a 97 and she can weather the zeros they will get easier than Megan. But, on the other hand Megan is so used to getting zeros for failing to turn ion her homework- a few more won't make that big an effect.
Am I crazy for even considering?

Coral

Not being to curious but can you post some pictures of the vacation???:idea: I never got to see the park at Christmas!!!:sad2:

Here are a few that we took. The decorations were only up for the first 2 days that we were there. Sorry they're blurry!

100_1635.jpg
100_1636.jpg

100_1655-1.jpg
100_1662.jpg

100_1710.jpg

Mike, where are you doing your clinical?

I won't know until the end of March at the earliest. We have to do 7 "blocks" of either 5 or 6 weeks. We select our top three choices for each type of rotation (hospital, community, ambulatory, etc) and then the computer does a "spin" and assigns everybody to their rotations.

So far, there isn't a great selection for rotation sites. Some of my third choices are in Paoli or down in Delaware. They said as they get the registration paperwork in, they'll add more sites. So hopefully, I'll be able to choose some that are a little closer.

I knew you could do it :lmao: :lmao:

You're close... There will be an announcement up today on the boards, but it is true, we will be having a Virtual DCL House Party on Saturday night. WebmasterRegina and I will be hosting it. There will be prizes every half hour and at the end of the party, we're giving away a 4 night cruise :cheer2: :woohoo:

And it will be in a different chat room, because the DIS chat is still broken :sad2:

Sounds fun!!!!

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS (Good information)
I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in
California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

--

Thank you for the great advice! Thankfully we aren't even up to $3.00...yet(just paid $2.70). :)

OK pirates. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat not look at your investment portfolio today. :crazy2:

Disgusting isn't it! It better do something quick,we're planning on selling some stock to pay off this trip!:headache:

Opinions please:
Bill is just not that excited about going to WDW. I am considering taking the girls by myself.
On one hand they are almost 12 and almost 9. 8 yo very mature, 11- not so much.
They know WDW very well but 11 yo tends to be a wanderer. We have lost her at WDW and the State Fair. Very scary.
I would work them very extensively with either walkie-talkies or cell phones before hand and make sure we all have one.
They get along like typical sisters. Every day has its ups and downs.
Oh yeah- MiL threw a fit cause we were taking oldest DD during the time they usually go to tennis camp so now I am looking at Memorial Day weekend. Insanely crowded. I know.
My 1st choice would be to take younger DD only since her lowest grade is a 97 and she can weather the zeros they will get easier than Megan. But, on the other hand Megan is so used to getting zeros for failing to turn ion her homework- a few more won't make that big an effect.
Am I crazy for even considering?

Coral

Coral.....this is weird. Are you talking about my kids today?

DD8 is also very mature for her age....DS12 notsomuch.

DS is also a real wanderer. We lost him last Spring Break at WDW. I was screaming his name like an idiot, and people were looking at me like I had three heads. No one asked if they could help. About 5 mins. went by, but it seemed like 30 mins. and he came walking out of a gift shop. Something had caught his eye, and he just took a little detour without telling any of us.

I can't imagine! I've got 30 years to go & it is stressful.

Of course, a lot of our investments aren't for retirement - it's for DH military retirement (5.5 years to go) and 2 kids in college at the same time (8 years to go).

On the up side - I think I may re-finance my house sometime this year. At least interest rates are dropping!

I hope the rates come down. We're on an Adjustable Rate Mortgage and they've gone up on us the last 3 years.

Very topical here in the UK at the moment.

Yesterday, I filled up my Volvo and I noticed that the price is £1.01 per litre of petrol (gas).
If you convert that to an Imperial Gallon of petrol then I am paying £4.62 a gallon. Converted into US Dollars, that is $9.02.

However, please bear in mund two things about this, our Imperial Gallon is slightly larger than a US Gallon and most importantly, we have a free Health Service !!

When Andrew joins later he may confirm that where he lives, he pays slightly more for his petrol.

Finally, it cost me about £50.00 to fill up my Volvo estate which is slightly over $100.00. I don't think I've spent that much on gas on all of my holidays to the US, combined:)

David

:eek:

Very topical here in the UK at the moment.

Yesterday, I filled up my Volvo and I noticed that the price is £1.01 per litre of petrol (gas).
If you convert that to an Imperial Gallon of petrol then I am paying £4.62 a gallon. Converted into US Dollars, that is $9.02.

However, please bear in mund two things about this, our Imperial Gallon is slightly larger than a US Gallon and most importantly, we have a free Health Service !!

When Andrew joins later he may confirm that where he lives, he pays slightly more for his petrol.

Finally, it cost me about £50.00 to fill up my Volvo estate which is slightly over $100.00. I don't think I've spent that much on gas on all of my holidays to the US, combined:)

David

I'm a diesel driver & our local BP is now at 110.9/litre. I think petrol was 105.9/litre, but that station is usuallyexpensive & always busy (must be the M&S simple food there)! When the weather improves I think I'll have to start commuting by bike - especially as we can no longer take our laptops home!

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a good Tuesday. :)

A while back, Crash was talking about Solar power for his house. I just read an article on this and it sounded just like him (the pros and cons seemed almost like a "groundhog" from here!). Just thought I'd post it in case he hasn't seen it: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2250276,00.asp

Pamela (pdarrah)

I have been up and dressed and coifed early this morning.
2nd DD was selected as Student of the 6 Weeks and they had a breakfast honoring her. She was pretty proud. Older Sister was not that thrilled that she would have to get up an hour early to sit in the cafeteria just so her sister could get another award.
It is so hard having kids where the younger one is the one that excels in everything and is recognized for what she does. :guilty:
Megan was born at 1 pound and Miranda at almost 9 - had to make a difference.
We find it a very hard line to acknowledge Miranda's accomplishments while not discouraging Megan.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

That's fabulous!
I'm always the parent sitting at the ceremony chocking back the tears wondering if anyone is looking at me while I'm trying not to explode.

I think siblings always feel competitive no matter how much each excels.

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS (Good information)
I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in
California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we
deliver

about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day
is

diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium
grades.

We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000
gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the
ground

temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their

storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense
the

gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the
afternoon

or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the
petroleum

business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline,
diesel

and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important
role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the

service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a
fast

mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages:
low,

middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed,
thereby

minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses
at

the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some
of

the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being

sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting
less

worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF

FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in
your

tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster

than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating

roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the

atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations,
here

where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so
that

every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage

tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline
is

being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up
some

of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!

--

good tips, thanks

:rotfl:
Coral.....this is weird. Are you talking about my kids today?

DD8 is also very mature for her age....DS12 notsomuch.

DS is also a real wanderer. We lost him last Spring Break at WDW. I was screaming his name like an idiot, and people were looking at me like I had three heads. No one asked if they could help. About 5 mins. went by, but it seemed like 30 mins. and he came walking out of a gift shop. Something had caught his eye, and he just took a little detour without telling any of us.

My DS8 is the wanderer. When we were at WDW, he was pushing my Mom's wheelchair, where it was fairly flat and nobody else around. He just left her go and went to look at something. Since she was on a slight incline, she just kept rolling. When I was done laughing, I grabbed her wheelchair before she picked up too much steam!

I would like to do the Southwest perhaps in 2009. They have a nice looking tour. I love having everything taken care of.

Friends, that we made on our Spirit of America ABD, did this ABD a month later. They LOVED it! They are doing the one to China this year. :goodvibes

I did the ABD Southwest Splendors in September and it was a lot of fun
We covered over 600 miles so it was nice to leave it all to them. If you have any questions you can pm me

Our friends (from our ABD) did this isn Sept, also! I wonder if you were on the sam eone.... Do you post on the ABD boards? Their names start with A..... ;) They are flying out here in May to visit us!

I won't know until the end of March at the earliest. We have to do 7 "blocks" of either 5 or 6 weeks. We select our top three choices for each type of rotation (hospital, community, ambulatory, etc) and then the computer does a "spin" and assigns everybody to their rotations.

So far, there isn't a great selection for rotation sites. Some of my third choices are in Paoli or down in Delaware. They said as they get the registration paperwork in, they'll add more sites. So hopefully, I'll be able to choose some that are a little closer.

I work for Crozer. Any chance I might bump into you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter