8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:surfweb:

GM pirate:

Presently 63 going up to 76 here in Raining Central Florida :goodvibes

:grouphug: :hug: pixiedust: and prayers to everyone who is going to need it today

:welcome: aboard to all the newbies

Happy Birthday and Anniversary to all we have missed

Have a great Wednesday

G'mornin' pirate:s.
So, the only thing that is motivating me go to work this morning is that I need the cash for TOAL! I'm having a hard to believing that I work with grown ups. hmph.

I think I have come to the conclusion that you are correct. I would probably be watching them the whole time and not the sites.
This whole trip just seems doomed. Tonight, at least at one time, Bill and both girls have said they do not want to go to WDW. :confused3 I mean do I have bizarre kids or what? Fine, I will spend the $ some other way.
The 1st time I ever went to WDW it was just my Mom and in in 1996. I am thinking about asking her again but since my parents have turned into world travelers it seems like they are always gone.
I am having a pity party for myself tonight so please feel free to ignore.
I am sure I will feel better tomorrow.

Aaawwwww.:sad2:
(Isn't that what you do in a pity party?)

Seriously, that's a bummer. Have you thought about leaving them all and meeting a friend there? I've gone with a few girlfriends and it was great fun.

All I can say is this has been a very WEIRD evening! DH just got off the phone with CNN - Really!

I think I have mentioned before that he is very into Kiva.org and making micro-loans ($25 at a time) to individuals in 2nd and 3rd world nations. He has been involved with this for well over a year and spends a lot of time on the KivaFriends board (sort of like DIS for Kiva folks). Today, Kiva called him to ask if he would be willing to be interviewed. CNN Money is doing a segment on Kiva and wanted to talk to a lender who had loaned money to an individual that they had video for. DH fit their criteria and it helps that we are near a major city (about 30 miles from downtown Chicago). He agreed to do it and CNN called to do a pre-interview. The original plan had him going downtown tomorrow to a studio - but on the phone they asked if he would be willing for them to come to the house and tape him at his computer! It still isn't finalized - they'll call tomorrow morning with the final plan. They plan to air the segment "several times" this weekend.

As I said .... a VERY weird evening!

Pamela (pdarrah)

WOW! That is cool.
I would need a steam shovel to clean out my den! My house is reasonably clean, but all the we-don't-know-what-to-do-with-it ends up in the den.

Okay...beside me....who else saw all the movies being nominated for the Oscars?????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ummmm, I saw Sweeney Todd.
And I bet that's it.

Rephrase: Who else was paid to see all the movies nominated for Oscars besides Cheryl????

OK pirate:s off to the salt mines.

Opinions please:
Bill is just not that excited about going to WDW. I am considering taking the girls by myself.
On one hand they are almost 12 and almost 9. 8 yo very mature, 11- not so much.
They know WDW very well but 11 yo tends to be a wanderer. We have lost her at WDW and the State Fair. Very scary.
I would work them very extensively with either walkie-talkies or cell phones before hand and make sure we all have one.
They get along like typical sisters. Every day has its ups and downs.
Oh yeah- MiL threw a fit cause we were taking oldest DD during the time they usually go to tennis camp so now I am looking at Memorial Day weekend. Insanely crowded. I know.
My 1st choice would be to take younger DD only since her lowest grade is a 97 and she can weather the zeros they will get easier than Megan. But, on the other hand Megan is so used to getting zeros for failing to turn ion her homework- a few more won't make that big an effect.
Am I crazy for even considering?

Coral

The first time I took my kids on vacation by myself they were 5 and 8. We had a great time & it was relatively easy.

Concerning staying together, I always give my kids a heads up that I need to "concentrate". Usually it happens when we're entering or exiting somewhere, when crowds get big or if something is completely foreign to me. We also do this when driving and we're coming up on an unknown highway or a tricky entrance or exit ramp. When I say, "guys I need a few minutes to concentrate because this is new" (or whatever describes the situation). They know it's time to stop talking & stick together. I think they also have learned that I'm likely to blow a gasket if I get too over whelmed. It's a good life lesson in "mommy knows her strengths & weaknesses" and "we all contribute to the success of the outing"

I have found as the kids get older I need another person with me at the parks because of the bigger rides. I don't like the idea of them sitting without an adult on the roller coasters.

You should go for it. You'll be proud of your accomplishment.

All I can say is this has been a very WEIRD evening! DH just got off the phone with CNN - Really!

I think I have mentioned before that he is very into Kiva.org and making micro-loans ($25 at a time) to individuals in 2nd and 3rd world nations. He has been involved with this for well over a year and spends a lot of time on the KivaFriends board (sort of like DIS for Kiva folks). Today, Kiva called him to ask if he would be willing to be interviewed. CNN Money is doing a segment on Kiva and wanted to talk to a lender who had loaned money to an individual that they had video for. DH fit their criteria and it helps that we are near a major city (about 30 miles from downtown Chicago). He agreed to do it and CNN called to do a pre-interview. The original plan had him going downtown tomorrow to a studio - but on the phone they asked if he would be willing for them to come to the house and tape him at his computer! It still isn't finalized - they'll call tomorrow morning with the final plan. They plan to air the segment "several times" this weekend.

Pamela (pdarrah)

very cool

I think I have come to the conclusion that you are correct. I would probably be watching them the whole time and not the sites.
This whole trip just seems doomed. Tonight, at least at one time, Bill and both girls have said they do not want to go to WDW. :confused3 I mean do I have bizarre kids or what? Fine, I will spend the $ some other way.
The 1st time I ever went to WDW it was just my Mom and in in 1996. I am thinking about asking her again but since my parents have turned into world travelers it seems like they are always gone.
I am having a pity party for myself tonight so please feel free to ignore.
I am sure I will feel better tomorrow.

Seriously, that's a bummer. Have you thought about leaving them all and meeting a friend there? I've gone with a few girlfriends and it was great fun.

You could do a 3 night cruise by yourself. I've been thinking about doing this myself next month.

Fly into MCO
Stay the night at the Hyatt at MCO
DCL transportation to the port.

lay by the pool,
read a book,
get a massage,
drink,
eat a few good meals (without having to take someone to the bathroom)
sleep late,
castaway cay

DCL transportation back to MCO
fly home :thumbsup2

I did the ABD Southwest Splendors in September and it was a lot of fun
We covered over 600 miles so it was nice to leave it all to them. If you have any questions you can pm me

Thanks, I will keep you in mind :thumbsup2

Poor older DD decided to try soccer since her little sis was so good. Bless her heart. We paid her for every time her foot touched the ball. Her little sis broke us after paying her for every goal she made.
Littl sis LOVES horses and big sis tags along. Miranda gets tons of praise and gets to do everything. Megan gets nothing but someone telling her what she should be doing.
It breaks my heart to see her defeated.
Oldest DD does excel at reading. She was reading on a 7th grade level in the 1st grade but she wants to do only what she wants and not what the school wants her to do..

I am freezing in the office too. Oh yeah, I work from home- temperature under my control.:lmao: But.... I am pretty cheap and would rather freeze than turn it up.

My youngest DGS is doing that as well. He is in the schools gifted and recently decided he didn't want to do his reading labs. So Mom gets a letter he has gotten an F in reading. His response was he didn't feel he needed to do them. After all he is smart and doesn't need to prove it to anyone. This is an 9 yr old. Needless to say, everything was taken away from him til he did all 18 of them. That will bring him to a C which he thinks is OK. Mom and I have other ideas. He can do additional to get him up to a B.

Nothing to see here.... move along.....

No prizes being given out.....

No need to listen to podcast for details....

Move along....

:lmao: :lmao:

Pamela (pdarrah)

Please let me know so I can DVR it. How exciting. My house would be off limits. No way I could make it TV ready by then.

I will download this podcast to my zune so I can listen to it at work and in the car :thumbsup2

Good Morning from Chicagoland. Presently, dark cold 5 above going to a high of 18, 0 tonight wind chill expected to be -15.
I think i'l just go home and live in my refrigerator, it's warmer in there than it is outside.

Oh well time to get the day started.

Good Morning from Chicagoland. Presently, dark cold 5 above going to a high of 18, 0 tonight wind chill expected to be -15.
I think i'l just go home and live in my refrigerator, it's warmer in there than it is outside.

Oh well time to get the day started.

Come and visit me tomorrow morning John and then when you go home you'll feel warm! We're going to have temps in the -10 or so range :scared1:

Pamela (pdarrah)

Pamela, that is pretty cool. I remember you talking about Kiva awhile back. :cool1:

Opinions please:
Bill is just not that excited about going to WDW. I am considering taking the girls by myself.
On one hand they are almost 12 and almost 9. 8 yo very mature, 11- not so much.
They know WDW very well but 11 yo tends to be a wanderer. We have lost her at WDW and the State Fair. Very scary.
I would work them very extensively with either walkie-talkies or cell phones before hand and make sure we all have one.
They get along like typical sisters. Every day has its ups and downs.
Oh yeah- MiL threw a fit cause we were taking oldest DD during the time they usually go to tennis camp so now I am looking at Memorial Day weekend. Insanely crowded. I know.
My 1st choice would be to take younger DD only since her lowest grade is a 97 and she can weather the zeros they will get easier than Megan. But, on the other hand Megan is so used to getting zeros for failing to turn ion her homework- a few more won't make that big an effect.
Am I crazy for even considering?

Coral

Coral--go and have fun:goodvibes Granted I don't have 2, but I have enjoyed taking Adam on a couple of trips where it is just the 2 of us. :goodvibes

RUGBY on Castaway Cay

I was reviewing the list of Rugby paricipants for our Castaway Cay Rugby Game and noticed that a few people have dropped out. We would need at least 14 people to have a proper game (actual playing time is 15 min tops). Here is a list of players.

Peter (darthrugby)
Jack (FINCANTIERI)
David (the Welshman)
Alex (Davis son)
Miztigg
Jeff (aka Grumpy)
Andy R. (another Welshman)
Paul (from England)
John (MR Hubby)
Adam (Wheels)
M (skatingmom)
M's Hubby
Nicholas

Matthew and Annmarie dropped out, I don't know if MR is still coming on the cruise. Jeff?

If you are still interested please confirm with me through PM or the thread.

If Anyone new to the thread is interested in playing let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Social game, co-ed, touch, no tackling, 7 min halves, more info on the pirate zone.

The last news letter said our game will be held on the adult beach. I think the family beach would be a better choice for those of us with kids. The far end is usually empty. Let me know what you think.

I'd like to order Jersey's soon so also let me know your shirt size (s,m,l,xl etc.)

CC Rugby

PS

Also, I would need a volunteer with some knowledge of the came to referee.:banana:

Pamela (pdarrah)

That's a wonderful cause, Pamela! Cheers to you and your husband for being involved in Kiva . . .:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm having a hard to believing that I work with grown ups. hmph.

OK pirate:s off to the salt mines.

Hmm Salt mines sound less stressful than what i put up with now.... Definately more exercise. I'd even deal with less crap as a barn hand...:goodvibes

OOOH I'll go.... I'd even put up some of my dvc points....:rolleyes1

I would need a steam shovel to clean out my den! My house is reasonably clean, but all the we-don't-know-what-to-do-with-it ends up in the den.

I wish a steam shovel was all my living room needed....:rolleyes1 I can vacuum the rug and it is covered in fur-person again within an hour or so. I'd have to rent a house in another country and even then i'd need a lint roller for myself...;)

Rephrase: Who else was paid to see all the movies nominated for Oscars besides Cheryl????

yes and who else would rather pay $1 to rent an older movie than pay a couple hours wages at the theatre hoping the movie is good?

The first time I took my kids on vacation by myself they were 5 and 8. We had a great time & it was relatively easy.

Concerning staying together, I always give my kids a heads up that I need to "concentrate". Usually it happens when we're entering or exiting somewhere, when crowds get big or if something is completely foreign to me. We also do this when driving and we're coming up on an unknown highway or a tricky entrance or exit ramp. When I say, "guys I need a few minutes to concentrate because this is new" (or whatever describes the situation). They know it's time to stop talking & stick together. I think they also have learned that I'm likely to blow a gasket if I get too over whelmed. It's a good life lesson in "mommy knows her strengths & weaknesses" and "we all contribute to the success of the outing"

I have found as the kids get older I need another person with me at the parks because of the bigger rides. I don't like the idea of them sitting without an adult on the roller coasters.

You should go for it. You'll be proud of your accomplishment.

You could do a 3 night cruise by yourself. I've been thinking about doing this myself next month.

Fly into MCO
Stay the night at the Hyatt at MCO
DCL transportation to the port.

lay by the pool,
read a book,
get a massage,
drink,
eat a few good meals (without having to take someone to the bathroom)
sleep late,
castaway cay

DCL transportation back to MCO
fly home :thumbsup2

Coral--go and have fun:goodvibes Granted I don't have 2, but I have enjoyed taking Adam on a couple of trips where it is just the 2 of us. :goodvibes

Thanks all! I appreciate all the information and support. I took a temporary break from my pity party and asked the girls why they did not want to go. Took some digging but oldest DD, Megan did not want to upset her Grandmother and youngest DD, Miranda thought if we went without Bill she would have to ride all the rides Megan and I wanted to since she could not stay by herself. Since she is not the bravest child, this was a deal breaker.
So... Bill said he would go the 4th week in June. I really do not want to go that time of year but that may be my concession.
I really want to go Memorial weekend since the weather will be a little cooler and the Flower and Garden Festival will still be going on. Crowds can't be any worse.
Girls would miss 2 days of school but they have not missed all year so maybe not too big of a deal.
Still working on it.

RUGBY on Castaway Cay

I was reviewing the list of Rugby paricipants for our Castaway Cay Rugby Game and noticed that a few people have dropped out. We would need at least 14 people to have a proper game (actual playing time is 15 min tops). Here is a list of players.

Peter (darthrugby)
Jack (FINCANTIERI)
David (the Welshman)
Alex (Davis son)
Miztigg
Jeff (aka Grumpy)
Andy R. (another Welshman)
Paul (from England)
John (MR Hubby)
Adam (Wheels)
M (skatingmom)
M's Hubby
Nicholas

Matthew and Annmarie dropped out, I don't know if MR is still coming on the cruise. Jeff?

If you are still interested please confirm with me through PM or the thread.

If Anyone new to the thread is interested in playing let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Social game, co-ed, touch, no tackling, 7 min halves, more info on the pirate zone.

The last news letter said our game will be held on the adult beach. I think the family beach would be a better choice for those of us with kids. The far end is usually empty. Let me know what you think.

I'd like to order Jersey's soon so also let me know your shirt size (s,m,l,xl etc.)

Now that it is on the family beach I may be interested. We are going parasailing. How long does a game of rubgy last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter