8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so poor DH, just my friend then, is a shy, reserved kinda guy (you know we have the opposites attract thing going here). Well it was June 1978 and we were having a big Beach Graduation Party at Riis Park. Myself having a very strict DM was not allowed to attend. Ultimately thank goodness I didn't go. All the necessary shanigans went on at a HS graduation party. Back in the day, we could legally drink at 18 and so ALOT of drinking went on. While making their wobbly way from the beach back to their cars my DH and three friends travelled a good distance down the boardwalk. Just as they we about to make the turn off the boardwalk DH friend taps him on the shoulder and says John look. My DH turns around and his friend had thrown a match in every trash can along the boardwalk. DH said it looked like bonfire all up and down the Boardwalk. Well of course the Feds (beach was a Federal park) wer there within seconds. Off the the police station the four of them go. Well guess what? DH was the only one who was 18. In those days under 18 was considered a minor, so the others, including the firestarter was released and DH was processed. Now the charges were dropped and nothing ever happened to DH, but to this day, he lists his 1978 Federal arrest on every job application because it just might come up in a background check.

....pretty plez! - its elf evident, that i got a lil'carry away-so
if we meet ,act like you never heard any of this..esp. the parts where
my lil'miss cutie ..was screaming like bashee...for my sakes!

psssst...and never, ever, ask about "bag of waters" :rolleyes1

but.. bagpipe talk is ok! ;)

oh, by the way, let's take a survey for pirate: treasure?

how many of you wenches are hiding your dirt in baby jars?

how many single wenches own a "talking parrot"?

how many of those are "dirty rats"?

[ to keep it simple, just send the results to me & the v. man.,* rest
a shore..we'll keep the tally secret.....;) ]

About 40 pages back, there was some mention of Herman's Hermits. Well, I just found out that Peter Noone (Herman) is going to be one of the guest judges on American Idol and they showed his photo. He was very popular when I was about 9 or 10 which means he has to be in his 60's or very close to it. He didn't look a day over 40 in the photo! It's making me feel very UNpreserved!

I saw him on a talk show about five years ago and he looked fine then! He was also hysterically funny! I remember reading that he was a truly nice person. I have their songs on my MP3 player. My son has fits whenever I tell the story about him singing the refrain to "I'm Into Something Good" while playing in the yard while he was little.

* i been reading a lil' up on rugby [ well the jerseys sparked my interests since the wenches ..are particiapting :yay: , can i be their :cheer2:? ]..any hoo with this running around, psst
v. man..i think the "hookers" on our team will need comfort
measures @ the end = good loving ;) ."me & you" will be well-
rested and willing to oblige?( doing our part for the team!)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

This is becoming what we call a pub crawl.

Originally Posted by sk8ingmom
1. Martini Tasting
2. Wine Package
3. Jello Shots
4. Deck 7
5. Wine Tasting
6. Margarita Swimming Excursion
7. Hang out with O'Blender
8. Conch Coolers
9. Drink of the Day . . .
10. Champagne Brunch at Palo
11. Bon Voyage drink
12. Knocking back pints after Rugby
13. Tequila Tasting
14. Wine/Cheese Social
15. Senor Frogs and Cabo Wabo
16.White Zinfandel
17.White Zinfandel
18.White Zinfandel
19.White Zinfandel
20. Hangover cure

Ahhhh....you've left out THE VERY BEST.....my beloved BANFI !! Yum, with chocolate covered strawberries!!!
(often seen on the wine list as Rosa Regale)

Good afternoon!
Just finished getting ready for another 'snow event' that's due tonight / tomorrow. Fellow NE buddies...latest forcast is calling for 6-8" + freezing rain/sleet stretching into NYC as well.

OH! There was also chocolate.

:ssst: TF might be watching and get jealous.

To add to the "40 Ways to Lose Your Liver"...
* Eat fruit from the punch bowl at a college party (typically grain / everclear soaked)

Ahhhh....you've left out THE VERY BEST.....my beloved BANFI !! Yum, with chocolate covered strawberries!!!
(often seen on the wine list as Rosa Regale)

I want, I want,I want, I want,I want, I want,I want, I want,
I want, I want,I want, I want,I want, I want,I want, I want,

This is becoming what we call a pub crawl.

Originally Posted by sk8ingmom
1. Martini Tasting
2. Wine Package
3. Jello Shots
4. Deck 7
5. Wine Tasting
6. Margarita Swimming Excursion
7. Hang out with O'Blender
8. Conch Coolers
9. Drink of the Day . . .
10. Champagne Brunch at Palo
11. Bon Voyage drink
12. Knocking back pints after Rugby
13. Tequila Tasting
14. Wine/Cheese Social
15. Senor Frogs and Cabo Wabo
16.White Zinfandel
17.White Zinfandel
18.White Zinfandel
19.White Zinfandel
20. Hangover cure

Oh! I love pub crawls.

lurker here
andy awesome memories what about jailbreak:)
congrats on the oscar nomies :) i dont rum my mouth enough but congrats to the one who deserve it:)
just got up and im enjoying my coffee not 8 oclock folgers:)
got alot of ketcup to do but the race is about to start im on the night shift at the hosipital :) ill talk to some on you guys then unless some one decides to code again like last night as sonn as i got on:confused3
have a good day everyone:flower3:

Crash........... You Do Seem to have alot of free time on your hands........ Wanna come over here and help me out....... Your like the Yoda of Free time !!!!

Mark

Not really...

... I am like anyone else in most ways (I suspect).
I wake up and have a few minutes before the kids awaken and I usually post after the kids fall asleep. In the middle of the day it is very sporadic if I post at all. And when I do ... half the time I am doing other stuff and wandering back to glance at what has been posted just BEFORE and AFTER I post. I - like most folks - am having a terrible time reading EVERYTHING. But when I get on initially I click the link to get to my last posting so I can take a look around to see if there is anything posted as a reply to me that I might have missed.

RIght now I was to have taken my girls to breakfast but my spouse got up and deflected that plan... thus leaving me with a little time here. And I just found this posting of yours' which I otherwise would have MISSED.

So... I am usually juggling live hamsters while standing on one foot and cooking dinner ... that's my daily grind as a SAHD who also tries to earn a little change pushing my business along... same one I've been runnin' for 18 years now. ANd NO... business is very soft given I am sacrificing it to be a Dad for the kids. My spouse has a "great job" but cannot take a step back without losing it. We reasoned that my business could take a step back and I could recover... plus I get paid even if I step back as I am a wholesaler... so business continues to pay... it's just that I gradually lose business and my lack of availability (to work/travel/etc.) means I'm not replacing it and maintianing sales volume.

So... it is worth it. We feel the kids are very closely supervised and supported. They can pursue karate, Gymnastics, Soccor and T-ball simultaneously because I am available for that. Plus they have pre-school and K-school. And when they get sick .... I'm there to handle anything. My spouse gets to pursue her career and her shopping escapades without disturbance too!

We've taken a huge income hit (short term) but I hope to regain most of it someday. In the meanwhile some things have obviously been sacrificed. Including some of my attitude. There was a time when I felt myself going through DEPRESSION over the changes. This was mixed with an appreciation for what we were gaining... but at the same time I had a strange mixture of sweet and sour feelings over it all. I am not accustomed to feeling helpless on certain matters.

We have had a full time nanny before - and we tried replacements, various day care alternatives - and so on. But we are VERY PARTICULAR about who we employ with our kids and in our home. IE... many folks who have a nanny say she is the greatest - EXCEPT -- every now and then things DISSAPPEAR. TO my spouse and I this is totally unacceptable. So much is IMPLIED silently by petty thievery.

Aside from that... I think EVERYONE has sacrifices to make if they have kids. Especially young ones. If you run two careers full time - that's great! But the flexability is narrow. I have a flexable business so I was the one to take the reins over the kids - and TRY to maintain what I could in business. And - I have time to post sometimes.

My image trolling is sometimes very fast - and other times I can't find an image at all and generally will not post at all. SO - it's "all or nothing" with me. WHich - BTW - was a nick name some friends used to apply in referring to me sometimes. In the matter of our kids - I am "ALL" the way committed to them... as are all of us here who have kids in tow.

So much for my rambling - sorry for taking up so much acerage - at least I didn't hog up bandwidth with animations to match it!

lurker here
andy awesome memories what about jailbreak:)
congrats on the oscar nomies :) i dont rum my mouth enough but congrats to the one who deserve it:)
just got up and im enjoying my coffee not 8 oclock folgers:)
got alot of ketcup to do but the race is about to start im on the night shift at the hosipital :) ill talk to some on you guys then unless some one decides to code again like last night as sonn as i got on:confused3
have a good day everyone:flower3:

Welcome and good day

On the Travel Channel right now is a show about ResidenSea the cruise ship you live on. Only 110 2000 sq ft. apartments on the ship that travel the world. A cruise ship you live on!! Sign us up! Sign us ALL up!!!!

all for about a mere 4 million and 118,000 per years fee i was on the website last night

The Weather Channel reported we are in a Winter Strom Warning until 11am Monday morning, with sn*w, sleet and freezing rain. YUCK!!!!! :sad2:

BooHooHoo

Already snowing here. I just salted my driveway.

My boss has a no excuses snow rule. Everyone must show up. The worst part is taking the kids out in the mess.

Well obviously the fact that half my family got arrested at my wedding proves we are far from "normal". :laughing: But I also grew up with an abusive mother. She was more emotionally abusive than she was physically abusive, but she was good at hitting us with whatever she had handy. My Dad was a Fire Chief & he died of cancer at age 56, when I was just 16 years old. Both my parents drank a lot & had a very volatile relationship. My mother smoked most of her life, has emphazema & is not doing well these days. The older she gets, the nastier her disposition becomes. One of my older sisters lives nearby & cares for her, but honestly I don't know how she does it. I call my mother occassionally but I keep the conversations very brief. She would not understand why & she would deny any wrong doing. She truly acts like a child & she would be bewildered & hurt if I told her how negative she is. The poor me syndrome. :rolleyes:

When I decided to have children of my own, I knew I didn't have a good role model, but I knew I wanted to do the complete opposite of the things she did. I know a lot of people say trust your instincts, but honestly I was afraid I didn't have any, so I read a lot of books, like Dr. Spock, What to Expect books, etc. & they really helped me to make some good decisions as far as dicipline, encouragment, etc. My goal is that my children will grow up well adjusted, happy, and kind hearted. So far they seem to be heading in that direction, but I haven't quite hit the stinky teen stage yet! :eek:

This is one of the books that I have enjoyed. It is what made me realize that I didn't have the tools that I needed to be a good mother due to my childhood and needed to make a conscious effort to gain them. http://www.epinions.com/She_s_Gonna_Blow_by_Julie_Ann_Barnhill/_redir_att__~1

My younger sister lives near them and has never been able to get out from under their control. She was the perfect child who never did any wrong and went from living in their house to getting married & them "renting" her DH's dad's condo. :sad2: It's sad really how completely opposite the two of us are. She had PPD after her first child and again after the 2nd...but she never recovered and they took advantage of that. She now has Bipolar Disease & has been anerexic, and her DD is ADHD. I found that I have to seperate myself from her. I get an email from her a few times a year. I had to face that she has a mental illness and I can't "fix" her. I did have to tell her that I had to stop being her therapist because it was tearing me apart & taking me away from my family...the 4 of us here. I also told her that I can't have any part of her dealings with our birth parents anymore. She knows what they are going to do every time and she keeps letting them into her life again. I could never forgive some of the things that they have done to her & her kids...but that is her life & choice. One thing that I learned from her is that the favorite child doesn't necessarily have the "perfect" life. She grew up feeling guilty that I was the one being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter