8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think you are kidding me about my nutmeg. I had a pharmacology professor in pharmacy school that taught us about illicit drugs. This looked like he had not only taken every kind but probably made them as well. He told us that a teaspoonful (or maybe a tablespoonful) of nutmeg would produce the same effects as LSD. They both have the same structure and work in the same way. Here is the kicker though. When you take that much nutmeg you have to go through about 24 hours of dry heaves until you get to the hallucinogenic effects. According to him if you could not find any LSD it was hell to get there but you get the same trip.

hangover.gif

this can't be worth the price??​

We had another earthquake this morning. Woke up when my bed shook. 4:11am.

This one was centered right in my town, thankfully it was only 2.6.

Just thought I'd share.

I shoot at the maximum image size and at the lowest compression my DSLR will capture. I would encourage you to do the same - especially if you crop or manipulate your images - or want to manipulate them in the future.

That's why I can only get 327 on a 1 GB card. I really don't want to give Shutters any more $ than I absolutely have to, but I think I'm going to have them download for me on the ship. I don't travel with my laptop & I can't see buying more cards (I have 2) since this will probably be the only trip I'll ever need more than 2.

We were very young; Annette was just 18. This really wasn't that unusual in NC at the time. Our DS was born the next year. Also not unusual.

The unusual thing about this is that we are still married after 35 years when most are not and we are still very much in love ....... with each other!
:lovestruc :flower3:

AAWWWWW:love:
That's what I was not-so-eliquently implying with my response. I knew you guys have been together forever. That's just so great!

Monica, that's exactly how we'll do it . . . I'm going to be on the Magic in just over 2 weeks (3/24) and I will look around with an eye for some places that might work.

Andrew UK-- when you read this, are you up to leaving me some hidden surprises on the Magic this summer when you hand the ship over to me on Aug. 8?

I don't get to play, but here is a suggestion...
The first one on the ship, pick a specific bartender and order a "Piratini" or some other drink that we can totally make up. Tell the bartender the ingredients of the drink & then explain the game to him/her, and leave a secret (spoken)message with the bartender for the person on the next cruise.

Next person onboard - your challenge is to locate the "hidden bartender". You can accomplish this by trying to order a "piratini".

Fighting Illini Move Past Penn State Into Big Ten Quarters

Illinois prevails 66-60 in opening-round matchup.

YAY! I'm really "from" Ohio - lived there age 3-21, but I was born in Champaign when my dad was in grad school at U of I. So we were the lone Illini fans in a world of viscious nuts (buckeyes).

Too bad I couldn't use that logic back in high school. I would have gotten straight A's. :rotfl2:

I could just see the arguments with the teacher, I'm right, you just asked the wrong questions. :lmao:

I've had college students try that with me. :rolleyes:

Have you heard of these mixed breed dogs like the labradoodle (half poodle, half lab)....yorkipoo (half poodle, half yorkie)....puggle (half pug, half beagle)?

You could get a bullpoo...Well, on second thought, that sounds a lot like a Bradgelina- just a pile of shirt!

"What a cute little dog, what kind is it?"

"Cowpie"

:scared1:

Speaking of SQUARES....

Here's our first game for the weekend....

HOW MANY SQUARES ARE THERE in the image BELOW?

square.gif

The answer shall be multiquoted sometime this evening near midnite or available in CHAT tonight.​

Now, if we are counting RECTANGLES and not SQUARES, then there would be 118, I think.

Although I'm really glad it's Friday, I really am not looking forward to the mess at home. With everything else that's been going on this week, (washer, flood, etc...) the rest of the house kinda got pushed aside till the weekend, so now I get to go home and clean house tonight! WOO HOO!!! :woohoo:

Shouldn't take long though. :thumbsup2

Speaking of SQUARES....

Here's our first game for the weekend....

HOW MANY SQUARES ARE THERE in the image BELOW?

square.gif

The answer shall be multiquoted sometime this evening near midnite or available in CHAT tonight.​

My answer is 40.

1 big one arount the whole thing.
4 around groups of 9 of the larger individual squares.
9 around groups of 4 larger individual squares.
2 around each of the smaller individual squares.
24 individual squares.

Man I hope this is right, because I'll feel foolish for posting the wrong answer (nightmares of being called on in class :rotfl2: ).

If I look further and find myself that I'm wrong, I will repost my answer.

That's why I can only get 327 on a 1 GB card. I really don't want to give Shutters any more $ than I absolutely have to, but I think I'm going to have them download for me on the ship. I don't travel with my laptop & I can't see buying more cards (I have 2) since this will probably be the only trip I'll ever need more than 2.

:

on our last sailin' we had a couple volunteers who would burn CDs or DVDs for DIS friends. Maybe we'll organize the same here. If not then I'll burn some for folks as I will have my notebook. It's just that I know I won't have tons of time free to volunteer for a group of this size and my notebook has a slow burner/processor. It can take 40-50 minutes to burn a DVD. So I have real capacity limits.

My answer is 40.

1 big one arount the whole thing.
4 around groups of 9 of the larger individual squares.
9 around groups of 4 larger individual squares.
2 around each of the smaller individual squares.
24 individual squares.

Man I hope this is right, because I'll feel foolish for posting the wrong answer (nightmares of being called on in class :rotfl2: ).

If I look further and find myself that I'm wrong, I will repost my answer.

I'm not sure if I get your explanation... :lmao: but 40 is exactly what I got too...:thumbsup2

no... consider them as squares if it's close to being square.... this is a legit puzzle challenge...

challenge.gif

Then there are 40. But none of them are squares so you might want to scale your drawing next time, teacher.

:wizard:

I had a hard time deciding on mine, but since we are trying to up the vote count I wanted to use a political slogan.

Here were some other options:

No :cake: left behind.

A kinder, gentler :cake:.

Nothing to eat but :cake: itself...

Ask not what your :cake: can do for you...

It's the :cake:, stupid.

A :cake: in every pot...

Hmmmmm....How about top rejected Political :cake: slogans?

"I Voted for :cake:, Before I Voted Against It." - Who votes against :cake:...honestly?

"I did not eat :cake: with that woman." - That I believe.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our :cake: and our people, and neither do we."

"If you go to college, study hard, and get good grades, you get :cake:, if not, you get us stuck in Iraq." - If anyone deserves cake, it's those in Iraq.

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of :cake: — even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting."

"I'm from the Government and I'm here to offer you :cake:" - Yeah...right.

"And there is no :cake: in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the lack of :cake: that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."

"I invented :cake:"

Ok.... who wants to move to :cake: movie slogans?

"You had me at :cake:"

"Stick to the code, those who fall behind, are left behind...unless they have :cake:."

Then there are 40. But none of them are squares so you might want to scale your drawing next time, teacher.

Too bad I couldn't use that logic back in high school. I would have gotten straight A's. :rotfl2:

I could just see the arguments with the teacher, I'm right, you just asked the wrong questions. :lmao:

As I said earlier today, we have the right answers, the teacher asked the wrong question. :lmao:

But you now have me looking at the rectangles. I will post an answer if I find time not to do my work today.

We had another earthquake this morning. Woke up when my bed shook. 4:11am.

This one was centered right in my town, thankfully it was only 2.6.

Just thought I'd share.

:scared: :grouphug:
Not a good way to wake up on a Friday morning...Or ANY morning for that matter! :scared1:

I'm not sure if I get your explanation... :lmao: but 40 is exactly what I got too...:thumbsup2

Ignoring the inner boxes, it's 1-squared + 2-squared + 3-squared + 4-squared for the main box. (You are counting the 4x4's (1) + the 3x3's (4) + the 2x2's (9) + the 1x1's (16)) so that is 30.

Then for the inner boxes, it's 1-squared + 2-squared (or 5) times two.

30 + 5 + 5 = 40.

That's my final answer.

Although there still aren't any squares.

Maybe we should count rhombuses (rhombii?)

Now, if we are counting RECTANGLES and not SQUARES, then there would be 118, I think.

The puzzle is not posed as a rectangle game ... but then again we could make it so...??? You may propose and manage it if so desired. <muted chuckles>

Adios.gif

And now I must get the kids ready for their day. I bid thee all a wonderful morning and afternoon. I'll be out til maybe 6ish... and will try to get ontp the chat tonight...

Cheers!

Hmmmmm....How about top rejected Political :cake: slogans?

"I Voted for :cake:, Before I Voted Against It." - Who votes against :cake:...honestly?

"I did not eat :cake: with that woman." - That I believe.

"If you go to college, study hard, and get good grades, you get :cake:, if not, you get us stuck in Iraq." - If anyone deserves cake, it's those in Iraq.

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of :cake: — even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting."

"I'm from the Government and I'm here to offer you :cake:" - Yeah...right.

"And there is no :cake: in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the lack of :cake: that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."

"I invented :cake:"

Ok.... who wants to move to :cake: movie slogans?

"You had me at :cake:"

"Stick to the code, those who fall behind, are left behind...unless they have :cake:."

"But, but the last time, I didn't get any :cake: . They told me next time I would get a piece of :cake: ."

(OK, it MAY be a little off...but it really is about :cake: !!!! :lmao:
(from Office Space)

Good Friends!!!!!

Chat tomorrow night then?????

Be there or Be square!

:3dglasses

Okay, what time and where is the chat? I'd love to do this a bit quicker . . . LOL

Got a hot date with DH tonight . . well and his new boss. Going to a swanky restaurant . . but I have to wear pantyhose (yuck!!!!) . . .boss's secretary told all the wives to get dessert! yeah! . .anyway . . I hope I'm home for the chat . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter