8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.... who wants to move to :cake: movie slogans?

"You had me at :cake:"

"Stick to the code, those who fall behind, are left behind...unless they have :cake:."

Ohhhh...I love this game...

I'm gonna go with.....

"You can't handle the :cake:!"

The puzzle is not posed as a rectangle game ... but then again we could make it so...??? You may propose and manage it if so desired. <muted chuckles>

Cheers!

As you can tell, I was THAT kid in school -- the one more interested in redefining the parameters of the problem then solving it.

:wizard:

Ignoring the inner boxes, it's 1-squared + 2-squared + 3-squared + 4-squared for the main box. (You are counting the 4x4's (1) + the 3x3's (4) + the 2x2's (9) + the 1x1's (16)) so that is 30.

Then for the inner boxes, it's 1-squared + 2-squared (or 5) times two.

30 + 5 + 5 = 40.

That's my final answer.

YEP! OK, now I get your explanation, and that's EXATLY how I got it! :thumbsup2

Although there still aren't any squares.

HEE HEE...just pretend...

Maybe we should count rhombuses (rhombii?)

NO! I know there are none of those!! :lmao: I AM smarter than a 5th Grader!! ;)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

Hey Andrew --

I had a British English question and now I can't remember what it was . . . oh yeah . .

What is fly-tipping? and what is a tip? I've been reading to many British newspapers . . .LOL

"But, but the last time, I didn't get any :cake: . They told me next time I would get a piece of :cake: ."

(OK, it MAY be a little off...but it really is about :cake: !!!! :lmao:
(from Office Space)

Now, calm down...

BirthdayCake.gif

Will this do?

<steady grinnin'>​

Congrats! 2 in a row!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks, but why does everyone think I did 2 in a row? You're not the 1st or 2nd person to congrat me on 2 in a row. :confused3

I'll take credit for 41K if you guys want to give it to me. :thumbsup2 I have the 19K, 40K and 42K pirate: .

My Chevron station has been robbed 7 times in 2 years all at gun point. Everyone of them were caught and prosecuted except there is still 1 out there. We didn't get a good pic of him. Had a big hoody on and something covering his face. I hate thieves.

Now that is scary!:scared1: I really don't understand why people have to do such things. :sad2: Guess they think it is worth it.

:headache: blah, blah, blah math is right - and I agree with everyone who complained of headaches!!!!:headache: (although I did take mental note of that first percentage one - dealing with DD's new math here as well - and can use all the help I can get!!!)

those photos of the Mickey bar contest are also enough to bring on a headache - brrr!!!!!!...not to mention so very tired of the cold here!!!!

more beautiful pics of every one's adorable pets!!! Thank you for sharing them and the stories!!!!

Ok.... who wants to move to :cake: movie slogans?

"You had me at :cake:"

"Stick to the code, those who fall behind, are left behind...unless they have :cake:."

And this one is a shout out to darthrugby...

"May the :cake: be with you."

As you can tell, I was THAT kid in school -- the one more interested in redefining the parameters of the problem then solving it.

einstein.gif

Well...

... that knack is probably precisely what makes you an interesting person! Or... it earns you the scorn of those lesser beings around you... <chuckles>. Seriously, all kidding aside... it is to your credit to see things fluidly in alternate perspectives. :surfweb: I scored high on raw IQ tests but got generally middlin' grades (high "B" - low "A" average) because I was bored with the pace. Then when it counted I lacked the common sense to get serious. A lot of folks I meet are sharp - far sharper then I - but I try to keep up... <fake huffing and puffin'> ....

I really gotta go now...

Have a great day folks! No more last looks or lurkin' for me now...

1960's Arithmetic test:
"A logger cuts and sells a truck load of lumber for $100. His cost of production is four-fiths of that amount. What is his profit?"

1970's New Math test:
"A logger exchanges a set (L) of lumber for a set (M) of money. The cardinality of set M is 100. The set C of production costs contains 20 fewer points. What is the cardinality of set P of profits?"

2000's no child left behind version:
"A logger cuts and sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost is $80, and his profit is $20. Find and circle the number 20."

2007's green version:
"An unenlightened logger cuts down a beautiful stand of 100 old growth trees in order to make a $20 profit. Write an essay explaining how you feel about this as a way of making money. Topic for discussion: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel?"

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

See? Those of us in the 80s and 90s learned absolutely nothing!

DH and I watched Miami Vice (movie) last night. It was awful. DH was a huge MV (tv) fan. He was very disappointed.

We watched The Departed last weekend. Now that was a good movie.

ohhh, I want to see The Departed

BTW, I'm counting on all of you here to make my day go as quickly as it went yesterday!! :thumbsup2

Think you can do that??!!? :woohoo:

I actually had a nightmare last night that we boarded the ship and we were at the sail away party.....the ship is starting to sail and I look at my dh and told him "OMGoodness....I forgot to pack clothes for myself!"

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We had another earthquake this morning. Woke up when my bed shook. 4:11am.

This one was centered right in my town, thankfully it was only 2.6.

Just thought I'd share.

I know it's just a little one, but still :scared: :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter