9/15 earless kids

Just wanted to say thanks to Kelsi for having my son in her room (all night). Also thanks to Mims and Aengus for showing him some lava. I appreciate it mucho!!!

I have two little girls in my room vmk title is watermelonz and kiwikrazy, if their mom is reading this , please come get them.lol they dont even know they have ears waiting for them

LOL that's too funny. Thank you so much for letting them crash for the night. Yes, it's after 11 PM and I finally got them to bed! I'm not telling them about the ears, they'll have to find out when they see them on their heads tomorrow! :woohoo: Sorry I couldn't take them out when Hula came, we had the Marine Corps playing and then fireworks tonight. Both were extremely cool, but it's a late night for us so off to bed I go. TY so much to Disfaniam and everyone else who offered their time tonight. :goodvibes

I had a great time tonight! I know a lot of Dis kids didn't win those ever elusive blue ears yet, but we won't quit! We've still got two weeks to get those ears, so please don't give up hope!

Dagny: I think I know who your boy is, and he was the perfect kid today. He deserved every prize he won. :) I hope to meet up with him again soon! You as well, as I don't know that we've met in-game.

Aengus? Dude, you SO rock the hosts! haha! I'm not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, but I'm there!

Congratulations to all who've won those Dreams ears! To those who haven't won yet, remember to not let it get you down, it's only pixels on the screen and there's still lots of time left of the month.

hi all...

Well my grandson (Pirate JC) and granddaughter (Daxboo)was in Diskelco room and they both dc and now they so sad as they think hula might come and not get ears. yea they too were so excited when they saw red ear they jumped up and down thought it was Hula...but they still like seeing vmk hula. I am back in a line for her room ..but they sad :(

Your Grandkids are awesome! I'm so sorry we didn't get them ears :( That's what was so difficult about today because these kids wanted them so much!

They had another scare tonight when VMK_Cat came in the room about 1/2 hour before closing! Seems we had every Host except for Hula!

If I could have traded them, Pirate would have had a pair!

Just wanted to say thanks to Kelsi for having my son in her room (all night). Also thanks to Mims and Aengus for showing him some lava. I appreciate it mucho!!!

I 'gloved' your son! Such a perfect gentleman! You should be very proud! :)

Hiya to all the host of todays host events! And a very special thank you to
Diskelco.. my grandkids just loved you!! Pirate was worried when they got dc rigiht at the end there,, but Pirate was so glad you answered his messages to you. You were sooooooo patient with them. Pirate was so excited and told me how excited he was and how you even made him a friend! HE was so excited ... So thank you so much!! They really want those blue ears... but Pirate just though you were so cool! Also thank you in the post before me... Thank you Yea... we think our granskids are awesome too!! ;) But I just think all the kids were fantastic this was great fro them all. Thats all of you!!

Again I want to thank all the hosts ...for being for here for all the kids and trying to help them get them! I sure do appreciate it..and if you need help at any time please just ask..like I said i be happy to help out!! Again thnak you all!!

So did any of the rooms get a visit on Saturday?

I'm going to be home all day Sunday and would love to have visitors in my room.
If you put me on the schedule use my Halloween room, "House of the Jumping Spider" owner: cat.herder.

I'll check in the morning and see if you have a time for me. Anytime really is good, but I would love to be on at a time when Hula is on. :yay:

Dianne

Hiya.. I just read webmasterkelsie post... first thank you...yes I think all the kiddies were fantastic... some waited a long time and others all day today..and were really great!

I know when that last vmk staff came Pirate started now for sure we get them..( he thought) ...but then found out it wasn't Hula and he was sad again but he was a good boy and didn't get to upset..just sad... but he said I will keep trying...I don't think I have ever been to a rom where more than one staff came in... but it as ncie that vmk Sunny and and cat came in.. and talked with the kids.. Well there is tomorrow... and again thank you all for trying to help all the kids get ears...that is really nice of you all!

we did and I looked for you LOL. but we are all set, virtuallyme opened a room and isnt having a back up. thanks for checking back. BTW tomororw we are going to need rooms :) if you think you will be around tomorrow that is :)

Aww, drat, sorry. :( I was in Fantasyland Courtyard the ENTIRE day with friends until 7:30pm PST (end of host event) when my husband stated very clearly he was going to dinner at that instant "with or without me."

I can open a room tomorrow if you need me. I usually do not get on until about 10am PST on Sundays. Happy to help however I can starting then.

Just let me know,
Dreams

My friend had a Haunted Mansion Room with the title The Nightmare Before Christmas since last weekend. It had a queue of over 80 people when I was in there and she has been in it all week. The player on these boards came into it. She remembers that player being in there and so do other people. You can imagine her surprise when she loggged on yesterday to find that another mansion room with almost the same title (the word "the" was not in it) was on the popular boards! Many of her friends including me had gone into the other players room or were waiting in the queue thinking it was the original room. My question is this: Is there or should there be a rule about copying players ideas for rooms and titles? It really seems unfair that someone can come into your room, copy your idea and room title and pass it off as their own especially if that players winds up being nominated for best guest room.

My friend had a Haunted Mansion Room with the title The Nightmare Before Christmas since last weekend. It had a queue of over 80 people when I was in there and she has been in it all week. The player on these boards came into it. She remembers that player being in there and so do other people. You can imagine her surprise when she loggged on yesterday to find that another mansion room with almost the same title (the word "the" was not in it) was on the popular boards! Many of her friends including me had gone into the other players room or were waiting in the queue thinking it was the original room. My question is this: Is there or should there be a rule about copying players ideas for rooms and titles? It really seems unfair that someone can come into your room, copy your idea and room title and pass it off as their own especially if that players winds up being nominated for best guest room.

Interesting post! For the record, I've had my 'Nightmare Before Christmas' room that was open last night for over a year. There are people on this board that can verify this especially since a lot of them were in the room when it was open prior to your friend’s room last weekend. I did see the room you are referring to on the list last weekend and while it's entirely possible I went in (don't recall entering but I visit a lot of rooms) it NEVER entered my mind that they copied me.

Edited to add: It's nonsense like this that reminds me why I stopped playing VMK and posting on the VMK Boards!

Unffortunately, room or idea copying is nothing new. (of course sometimes i get my best ideas from others. :rotfl: ) One should always look on it as flattery if it is blatant, and if not blatant, well great minds think alike!;)

Also, my family is going to something at church tonight, that I am not attending (Mom's aren't invited to this one.lol), so I'll be glad to offer up a room for the dis kids also if needed. When I get on this morning I'll pick one out and let everyone here know if it's needed.:thumbsup2

Kim

You've GOT to be kidding me thatyou would even post a comment like this! How about youlook atthe big picture and the intentions made, and possibly rethink what you post next time.

For the record, a huge THANK YOU to Kelsie, Aengus, Mims, SkippyPaul, Disfaniam, and everyone else who even took the time out of thier day and open thier rooms and entertain us all just to make things happen.

You guys all know how to spread the Pixie Dust around and hopefully sprinkle a little extra on those who just don't get it.

Thanks again!

Well, my friend has only been a member since this past January and never saw or heard of your room until yesterday. And since you mention that you saw her room on the boards last weekend, do you really feel it reasonable to open a room up with the same title with the knowledge that another one existed and was currently in active use? My friend was not privy to that knowledge about the existance of your room because if she was she would not have created her room with that title but as you stated, you were. She has a sense of fair play.

Kelsi,

Forget that poster. Obviously, they missed the total intent of the thread and just want to give some sour grapes on a Sunday.

Eye on Stitch - A Haunted Mansion Room with the Title of "Nightmare Before Christmas" is an obvious choice to make and create a room with a DISNEY TITLE in a Haunted Mansion Room. It does not matter who created it first or when. What does creativity halt because people will need to think, will someone think I copied their room?

Back to the intent of the thread.

Well, my friend has only been a member since this past January and never saw or heard of your room until yesterday. And since you mention that you saw her room on the boards last weekend, do you really feel it reasonable to open a room up with the same title with the knowledge that another one existed and was currently in active use? My friend was not privy to that knowledge about the existance of your room because if she was she would not have created her room with that title but as you stated, you were. She has a sense of fair play.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Just learn to play nice around here.

With well over 4000 players on vmk at any given time, there WILL BE similar themed rooms and multiple rooms with the EXACT same title. Kids will copy, that happens, too. However, some rooms may look similar to another even without those players ever having SEEN the other's room. I would prefer this particular part of the discussion dropped now. It's been overly discussed in the past, time to let it go back to the past.

I don't know how many rooms were offered up for the day, but I can open another room when needed. :) Any shift works for me, Aengus! Oh, yeah...Go Chargers! Woot!

I've had enough of this nonsense and I agree, back to the original purpose of this thread, helping the DIS Kids get ears! :)

Today should be an interesting football game! Welcome to DENVER, Aengus! :)

I'll open stuff of dreams again today... had fun meeting some of the dis kids and the dis kid characters...

So did any of the rooms get a visit on Saturday?

I'm going to be home all day Sunday and would love to have visitors in my room.
If you put me on the schedule use my Halloween room, "House of the Jumping Spider" owner: cat.herder.

I'll check in the morning and see if you have a time for me. Anytime really is good, but I would love to be on at a time when Hula is on. :yay:

Dianne

Yes, I am going to be setting up a schedule. soon. We will need help today.

Aww, drat, sorry. :( I was in Fantasyland Courtyard the ENTIRE day with friends until 7:30pm PST (end of host event) when my husband stated very clearly he was going to dinner at that instant "with or without me."

I can open a room tomorrow if you need me. I usually do not get on until about 10am PST on Sundays. Happy to help however I can starting then.

Just let me know,
Dreams

Dreams, I think we are going to be especially weak on the later shift if you think you can.

haha then you friend copied me because I had a nightmare on christmas room IN a haunted mansion room in 2005 (along with the other 1,000 people who thought of it then HAHA). That is seriously sad, oh and for the record Kelsie also didnt copy me or the other 1,000 people who thought of it first.

I'll open stuff of dreams again today... had fun meeting some of the dis kids and the dis kid characters...

Starting a schedule soon and thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter