90 day recovery status?

Ok, uploaded my husband's positive PCR results and his doctor letter (photos of both) yesterday to Safe Passage at noon and his status changed from Pending Review to Clear to Arrive at 8:00 pm last night. I sent a checklist with him to give to the doctor stating exactly what was needed in the letter (wasn't taking chances). His doctor does not use letterhead but wrote out the note on his script pad which had all the Dr. info on it and stated that he was recovered from Covid and clear to travel.

Within Safe Passage I am listed as needing to test at the port and he is listed as Clear which means technically he could board without me (yeah like I'd let him LOL) We fly tomorrow and sail on the Magic Saturday. So, at least he does not have to worry about testing at the port. Now our friends (who are arriving separately from another state) and myself just have to worry about port testing. Negative on a rapid today so hopefully all is well.

If I can I will report back from the port Sat and let you know how it went. Good luck to all.

MJ

Ok, uploaded my husband's positive PCR results and his doctor letter (photos of both) yesterday to Safe Passage at noon and his status changed from Pending Review to Clear to Arrive at 8:00 pm last night. I sent a checklist with him to give to the doctor stating exactly what was needed in the letter (wasn't taking chances). His doctor does not use letterhead but wrote out the note on his script pad which had all the Dr. info on it and stated that he was recovered from Covid and clear to travel.

Within Safe Passage I am listed as needing to test at the port and he is listed as Clear which means technically he could board without me (yeah like I'd let him LOL) We fly tomorrow and sail on the Magic Saturday. So, at least he does not have to worry about testing at the port. Now our friends (who are arriving separately from another state) and myself just have to worry about port testing. Negative on a rapid today so hopefully all is well.

If I can I will report back from the port Sat and let you know how it went. Good luck to all.

MJ
Can you share your checklist for the dr note? Not the one for the cruise 😊

Can you share your checklist for the dr note? Not the one for the cruise 😊

Here you go. I sent the bottom half with my husband to the doctor

I typed this up from info from safe passage. Please always double check with Safe Passage as things change all the time and this was my experience at this time. Hope it helps

oh also dr office address and phone number should show on letter

MJ

Last edited:
My new hero! Wish me luck with this. I’m feeling more and more hopeful about the cruise and fortunate that we all had mild cases.

I’ll be honest we were back and forth a dozen times about if we should try for the Covid recovered option. I kept testing negative and he kept testing positive almost 2 weeks after his initial test. I never thought the timing would work as we got the Pcr results back on the last day you could (12 days) before cruise.
Good luck‼️

When can you log into the SafePassage site? I tried yesterday (32 days out) and it said 15. Is that right?

Does anyone know if the doctor can just write one letter, with my whole family (6 of us) listed as recovered and cleared to travel? Or does he need to make 6 letters? We all tested positive on the same day.

Also, we all got tested on base and the results don’t have our birthdays, a different form, the intake form has our birthdays. Is this going to be a problem?

Does anyone know if the doctor can just write one letter, with my whole family (6 of us) listed as recovered and cleared to travel? Or does he need to make 6 letters? We all tested positive on the same day.

Also, we all got tested on base and the results don’t have our birthdays, a different form, the intake form has our birthdays. Is this going to be a problem?

You need a separate letter for every family member. That letter is what should include the DOB, etc., doesn't have to be the test itself is my understanding.

We cruise in Feb and I realized my mom has never taken a Covid test! Just had to take one, thankfully easy to do in our area, and will do another one the week prior. Began freaking out since she often has allergy/cold symptoms she could have had it and we would be in trouble testing day of cruise.

We cruise in Feb and I realized my mom has never taken a Covid test! Just had to take one, thankfully easy to do in our area, and will do another one the week prior. Began freaking out since she often has allergy/cold symptoms she could have had it and we would be in trouble testing day of cruise.
My son and I have never taken one. DH did once, because he thought he had it during Delta. It was negative and the rest of us had no symptoms, so we didn't bother. It's been hard to test here though, especially anytime there is an uptick in cases.

My son and I have never taken one. DH did once, because he thought he had it during Delta. It was negative and the rest of us had no symptoms, so we didn't bother. It's been hard to test here though, especially anytime there is an uptick in cases.
We are pretty lucky in MA that I test 2-3 times a week at my college and my son is in pool testing at the public HS. For my mom and son I can drop PCR tests at local state university and pick up new at home ones 7 days a week. It is hard when you need/want to test and can't find somewhere with appointments!

MJ
He can’t board without you actually. We found out through this process. I know you wouldn’t really go on but just in case any readers are wondering, It states that no one in the travel party can go on if one person tests positive at the port. Good luck with the test. 🤞🏻

Submitted my documents for my DD and I last night. They were reviewed and cleared before noon. Man- these people are efficient. I’m impressed with Inspire.

Unfortunately (Maybe fortunately?) we have to do this as Omicron swept through our family and hit all 6 of us (luckily everyone of us was asymptomatic). I called Safe Passage and they said as long as the test was taken at least 11 days prior to sail, but not before 90 days, we should be good. I guess the question is what process did you go through to get the letter from your doctor? Did you have to go into an appointment for a check up or just give them a call, answer a few questions, and they wrote it? We have a lot of work ahead of us...

Unfortunately (Maybe fortunately?) we have to do this as Omicron swept through our family and hit all 6 of us (luckily everyone of us was asymptomatic). I called Safe Passage and they said as long as the test was taken at least 11 days prior to sail, but not before 90 days, we should be good. I guess the question is what process did you go through to get the letter from your doctor? Did you have to go into an appointment for a check up or just give them a call, answer a few questions, and they wrote it? We have a lot of work ahead of us...
Check out post #43. It can be a video appointment, they will want to actually see you in some way. When I called to set up the appointment I had to explain what I need several times, I don’t they get many of these appointments.

Has anyone aquired a 90 day documentation of recovery through a telehealth service like QuickMD? My PCP is refusing to write "cleared for travel" on my documentation of recovery note due to liability issues. It's maddening!!! So I am running out of time for my cruise 1/31. My 10 day post COVID date is 1/26/22. I was just curious if anyone had used QuickMD. They are real doctors and claim to be able to generate a letter immediately after your telehealth visit that follows CDC guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter